Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:13 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Obama calls India creator, not poacher, of US jobs - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_asia - broken link)
Not the title of the article.
Not a quote in the article.
Not even implied by the President, much less said by him in the article.

Ridiculous thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 08:20 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
And, the one about that letter to Pelosi. And, the one about the $200 billion trip to India. And, the ones about Obama's citizenship. And, the ones about his "refusal" to salute the flag. And, on and on and on and on.

Nobody cares about the truth. They only care about having their hate validated.
I don't like Obama, didn't vote for him. But it doesn't do any good for America ,unless it is for the good of party politics to lie and create stories, both sides do it.

The president of India did make some sort of comment though.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:33 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
I just saw a pig fly past my window!
Yes..sorry about that...that one originated from my butt..

Old 11-12-2010, 08:47 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
He is constantly in a campaign mode;this is just the different rethroric to a different audience has is his norm.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:54 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I still don't see that quote. Where is it?
i'm no fan of obama, but you're right- there doesn't seem to be any evidence that he ever said this. the odd thing is how many news stories, many originating outside the US, are using the 'not poacher' line, even though none of them have him saying that.

this is the closest i could find:

Quote:
Seeking to dismiss all “old stereotypes,†Obama said the relationship between the countries is “creating jobs, growth, and higher living standards in both our countries. And that is the truth.â€
Obama calls India creator, not poacher, of U.S. jobs › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

Old 11-12-2010, 08:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Obama: India Creator, Not Poacher, of US Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Obama calls India creator, not poacher, of US jobs - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_asia - broken link)

India isn't poaching US jobs in any sense of the term.

India is accepting jobs offered by "American" corporations that are intent on gutting America's middle class. And they're doing this with the assistance of official government policy that grants tax advantages to those corporations that outsource.

Go ahead and google "race to the bottom".

Old 11-12-2010, 09:02 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Now that article by ugga is closer to the title............

Old 11-12-2010, 01:13 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
India isn't poaching US jobs in any sense of the term.

India is accepting jobs offered by "American" corporations that are intent on gutting America's middle class. And they're doing this with the assistance of official government policy that grants tax advantages to those corporations that outsource.

Go ahead and google "race to the bottom".
The Indian government is not just sitting there passively saying, "Thank you!" They've been scheming also.

They are offering PLENTY of their own tax and other incentives to multi-national corporations. And offering "friendship" and incentives (luxurious "fact finding" junkets for the House/Congress "Friends of India" club, etc.) to the representatives of American government.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
The Indian government is not just sitting there passively saying, "Thank you!" They've been scheming also.

They are offering PLENTY of their own tax and other incentives to multi-national corporations. And offering "friendship" and incentives (luxurious "fact finding" junkets for the House/Congress "Friends of India" club, etc.) to the representatives of American government.

So, you want to minimize the role played by "American" corporations in outsourcing.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:23 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, you want to minimize the role played by "American" corporations in outsourcing.
Absolutely NOT!!! Just saying, India is in on the game too ... and has been.

I agree, it is a race to the absolute bottom in terms of labor costs and not much more. Claiming Americans lack the "skills" is just nonsense and blaming the victim. The only important skill Americans lack is being able to live on an Indian paycheck. Period.

The corporate elite will not be happy until they are trading beads and shiny objects for the work of indigenous people who don't have a money system!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies