Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:38 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,394,408 times

Advertisements

I've also read that he's hired 43 Caucasian males to make this trip to India with him, mostly from Oklahoma and Mississippi, so they can peel his grapes and hold his willy while he's taking a pith. They're still screening the 12,000 applicants that applied for the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 06:45 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,444,835 times
Not since Jr. High have I seen such hyperbole and childishness....

Old 11-06-2010, 06:48 PM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
That would have been during Bush's tenure, two years ago.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,460,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Not since Jimmy Carter have I seen such a stupid, ignorant, idiotic and despised president.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:59 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,586 times
LOL...another article packed with lies. This article cannot be serious, it is hilarious. I would point out the lies but I have done it far too many times and posted links. Clearly anyone trying to pass this garbage off as factual information wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and slapped them in the face.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:06 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Not since Jimmy Carter have I seen such a stupid, ignorant, idiotic and despised president.
That would have been during Bush's tenure, two years ago.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:15 PM

956 posts, read 1,112,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
pomp-ous-arse is more like it.....

Is this the equivalent of Nero fiddling?

Was it really necessary to send 40 planes and 34 warships so that Boeing could announce military plane sales and Harley Davidson an assembly plant in India? Is that kind of taxpayer funded grandstanding necessary? Really??
34 warships is equivalent to 10% of the Navy's force. They sent nowhere near 40 planes as well. I know that you're a smart woman (assumption from your name), so I think you should recheck your figures. CNN had a pretty good video on the topic yesterday. Don't dumb yourself down in the name of being against Obama.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:16 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,569,421 times
What are you all talking about? I keep hearing about Obama spending a lot of money on a trip, but no one gives details. Why is he taking the trip and what is out of line on the spending? Or what is he up to on the trip would probably be my best question? I think he is somebody we need to keep a close eye on because I trust him, not at all.

I was switching channels and CNN was defending their man as usual by saying other presidents had done about the same. The same as what? Beyond saying he could do no wrong, they really did not say much. CNN stop telling me what I should think and give me the facts. I don't care what you think I should think. My thoughts are my business and your reporting is very lacking.

Last edited by NCN; 11-06-2010 at 07:25 PM..

Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 PM

956 posts, read 1,112,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What are you all talking about? I keep hearing about Obama spending a lot of money on a trip, but no one gives details. Why is he taking the trip and what is out of line on the spending? Or what is he up to on the trip would probably be my best question. I think he is somebody we need to keep a close eye on because I trust him, not at all.
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Please watch the video, for your own sake.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What are you all talking about? I keep hearing about Obama spending a lot of money on a trip, but no one gives details. Why is he taking the trip and what is out of line on the spending? Or what is he up to on the trip would probably be my best question. I think he is somebody we need to keep a close eye on because I trust him, not at all.
He took Michelle and the kids on a shopping trip to India, and they're touring the beaches there. They'll be there about a month or so. They're paying for 3,000 friends from Chicago and contributors to Democratic candidates this election to come along. He commandeered 10% of the battleships in the Navy to form a semi-circle protecting each beach they're going to be sunbathing on. They've worked hard, and they deserve a vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies