Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 04:15 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Being so many lefties on here hate business and anyone who has prospered from that business, I think EVERY business in this country should go on strike. If the workers can do it, why not the owners.
Not only that, I think every last lefty should completely give up or relinquish any claims to their pension/401k or whatever retirement account/plan they have. Why? Because their pension/retirement accounts consist of... wait for it... the profits from 'greedy corporations.'

Come on lefties... couph it up. Put your money where your mouths are and PAY UP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 04:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not only that, I think every last lefty should completely give up or relinquish any claims to their pension/401k or whatever retirement account/plan they have. Why? Because their pension/retirement accounts consist of... wait for it... the profits from 'greedy corporations.'

Come on lefties... couph it up. Put your money where your mouths are and PAY UP!
It gets even more ridiculous...

Only a liberal could make an argument that government allowing people to keep their own money = theft.. Using that argument, these liberals should give up everything they own because allowing them to keep things = theft..

Why do these liberals keep stealing? I understand they "work" for pay but according to them, they should be working to pay taxes..

Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
President Obama lays out his priorities for the coming discussion about tax cuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7hXFxw925M

Old 11-07-2010, 04:36 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
President Obama lays out his priorities for the coming discussion about tax cuts.
Obama = FAIL

Targeting some Americans to pay for others is not 'shared responsibility.' It's self-destructive, job-killing exploitation.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:42 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama = FAIL

Targeting some Americans to pay for others is not 'shared responsibility.' It's self-destructive, job-killing exploitation.
Let them ALL expire, we have to start paying our debt sometime.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Wait.. Did obama just say that if they dont act, taxes will INCREASE on middle class families.. Isnt it the Democrats who keep telling us that its not a tax increase? We have this video now of Obama ADMITTING that tax cuts expiring = tax increases..

More ignorance though that tax cuts INCREASED revenues.. Tax increases will DECREASE revenues.. The wealthy can afford to not cash in their investments thereby subjecting themselves to higher tax liabilities... If you increase their taxes, they simply wont cash their investments and the government gets ZERO..

Old 11-07-2010, 05:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are you serious? Are you trying to tell me that you do not understand why nobody is hiring, and you are blaming Bush for this? Have you not looked at what Obama has done? Why would anyone even start a business, let alone expand an existing one.

Fellla, get a clue. Nobody is going to take risks with their capital when they see nothing but increased taxes and uncertainty coming from this administration.

I'm telling you here and now, nothing is going to improve, until this man is either neutralized or removed from office (or his term expires).

The day Obama was elected was the day my business (an the business of friends I know) went in the dumpster. You can mark it on the callendar. It's a fact.

You people are in denial. You are like the little kid that cannot take responsibility for his own failures, but must always blame someone else. And that is Obama.

And lets see if you agree. Since that day, every single bloomin thing has doubled, and or cost more for the very same things, and yet you are asked to keep costs down.

I work in metals to make machines, and a sheet of T 60 61 alloy in 3/4" x 4' x 8 ' has more than doubled. You may not work in metals, so that is aluminum a number 1 grade. In the last 2 years it has gone from 300 dollars a sheet to 800 for the very same thing.

I was interested in if you would agree, not any understanding of metals.

I did work in sterling silver, but refuse all orders now. It just costs too much to realize any kind of profit.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:03 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Conservatives like to say that taxes are theft. In fact it is tax cuts that are theft because they break a long-standing contract.

Seeing the Forest: Tax Cuts Are Theft
Only the twisted mind of a liberal could come to these conclusions.

It is analagous to a thief robbing a man of the posessions he is carrying, then condemning him for not carrying more of his wealth, such that it could be more available for theft.

Note to liberals-

This may be shocking, but here it is - the property of the people is not the personal property and playground of the federal government. Citizens are entitled to their personal property and income and it is not the God given right of the feds to take as much as they want, nor determine how much someone can earn.

Liberals, I have come to learn, are hard wired to be unable to comprehend certain inherent truths that are obvious to the rest of us. It is analagous to when I was tutoring some atheletes in college- many individuals, despite thier attempts to work and learn, are incapable of comprehending certain concepts simply due the lack of a appropriate cognitive ability. It is like asking a twenty year old computer to perform calculations it was not designed, or capable of performing.

Liberals are the same way- they are just hard wired with minimal common sense and the ability to understand certain principles, such as liberty, freedom, and individual rights. I am sure that they want to understand, yet they are unable to do so. This is why we find libs so frustrating, as it is akin to the college athelete, just unable to understand Calculus II.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
And lets see if you agree. Since that day, every single bloomin thing has doubled, and or cost more for the very same things, and yet you are asked to keep costs down.

I work in metals to make machines, and a sheet of T 60 61 alloy in 3/4" x 4' x 8 ' has more than doubled. You may not work in metals, so that is aluminum a number 1 grade. In the last 2 years it has gone from 300 dollars a sheet to 800 for the very same thing.

I was interested in if you would agree, not any understanding of metals.

I did work in sterling silver, but refuse all orders now. It just costs too much to realize any kind of profit.
Just to backup your claim
AMM Skyrocketing tin prices putting buyers in credit squeeze - Metal Bulletin

Tin prices have raced to all-time highs on the back of a tightening supply situation in recent months, with three-month tin closing at $26,900 a tonne on the London Metal Exchange Friday?some 90 percent higher than closing prices reported on the same day last year.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
pghquest, None of this is aimed at you either.

I don't work in tin of course but brass, copper, bronze alloys, stainlesses and etc. All of these are off the map. The scrap metal guy I give millings too was after rust! The demand is so much he can get some money for rust. I don't mean any metal, but just big flakes of rust!

Some machines I get look as if they were a part of the Titanic. These would be machines that build other machines and parts I refit. Buyers buy less, Buyers make due with worn out machines, and more or less I am lucky to be working at all. I am not the shop owner, and have been on some serious slack times too. Last Spring there was so little it looked grim. I am not a employee either.

With a combination of shared skill sets, the 2 of us have combined to do all the shipping, crating and manufactor, some jobs we used to farm out.

Sure tax us more and we will quit.

What that may mean is labs get poor quailty glass slides, foot wear will suffer in design quality, IT guys won't get to program soft ware drives for numerous kinds of testing machines we don't build. Chillers will come up short of certain hi tech assemblies from parts just made in one small shop.

Tax all the other shops and metals they use, yeah that's it this will work fine for the next America, as a newest 3rd world country. I think it's the agenda.

Whiners of the world must unite and learn How To weave grass skirts and pee in the woods. Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies