Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 05:14 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
A two year old has an un developed mind it's up to the parents to protect the child, dressing him as a girl endangers his mental and physical being by subjecting him to ridicule from his peers, he is not capable of knowing whats best for him. If you don't understand that thenyou shouldn't be around young children.
Why are you in favor of confusing a 2 year old to wheather he is a boy or girl?
Why are you in favor of causing the poor child so much mental and physical abuse as he grows up?
Are you a member of NAMBLA? because it sounds like you are.

With that I'm done with you my creepy meter is pegged out.
Ridicule from his 2 year old peers? Seriously?

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-08-2010 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 05:15 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
A two year old has an un developed mind it's up to the parents to protect the child, dressing him as a girl endangers his mental and physical being by subjecting him to ridicule from his peers, he is not capable of knowing whats best for him. If you don't understand that thenyou shouldn't be around young children.
Why are you in favor of confusing a 2 year old to wheather he is a boy or girl?
Why are you in favor of causing the poor child so much mental and physical abuse as he grows up?
Are you a member of NAMBLA? because it sounds like you are.

With that I'm done with you my creepy meter is pegged out.

Now you're accusing me of being a pedophile and member of NAMBLA? Seriously? What a despicable thing to do.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
My kids wore what I bought them. Surprisingly, they didn't have the ability or the resources to buy things just because they liked them.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My kids wore what I bought them. Surprisingly, they didn't have the ability or the resources to buy things just because they liked them.
One more time.

This kid first started wearing dresses at DAYCARE. His daycare has a dress-up closet, and he gravitated towards the dresses and the prettier "girl things". The first time the mother was alerted to this, she was concerned. She thought perhaps there were not enough "boy things", so she went out and bought a bunch of costumes geared towards boys (karate outfits, etc) and donated them to the daycare. It had no effect - he kept choosing to wear the "girl things" during play time.

Even more concerned, the parents sought expert advice about his preference for "girl things" (from doctors, child psychologists, etc). They all said it was perfectly normal and that more actual harm would come to him if his parents tried to suppress this harmless form of self-expression. These are two wonderful, loving, accepting, and supportive parents. I commend them.

Last edited by hammertime33; 11-08-2010 at 06:28 PM..

Old 11-08-2010, 06:33 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Ridicule from his 2 year old peers? Seriously?
It isn't about being 2 it's about that he is 5 and still wearing dresses, the ridicule will be with him through out his life as he goes through school all because his parents dressed him as a girl. He didn't buy and dress himself ya know.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-08-2010 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 11-08-2010, 06:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
And they wonder why being gay, is not a choice.
Your made that way...by your parents!
He's 5... you think this is an indication of SEXUAL preference?

I equate this to "tom girls", just because they dress like a boy, it doesnt mean they want to go to bed with chicks.. My son is "dating" one now, (as much of a dating as a 10 year old can be).

This is nothing more than Mom pimping the kid out for dollars..

Old 11-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He's 5... you think this is an indication of SEXUAL preference?

I equate this to "tom girls", just because they dress like a boy, it doesnt mean they want to go to bed with chicks.. My son is "dating" one now, (as much of a dating as a 10 year old can be).

This is nothing more than Mom pimping the kid out for dollars..
Well, she self-published a book to place in her son's school so that he hopefully wouldn't have to face the bullying and ostracization she feared he might (that's a damn good mother). A local TV station heard of it, and invited her on for an interview. The clip went viral, and she's taking advantage of the unexpected publicity.

Good for her. She might make some money, and much more importantly she might make the world just a bit more accepting of tomboys, princess boys, and other kids who are a little different. It's a win-win.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:09 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
We are becoming a sicker and sicker society where mental illness is celebrated at the expense of innocent children. This child should be taken from this demented mother.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:12 PM

465 posts, read 463,800 times
I can't believe how big of a deal some of you all are making about this.

By American standards, it is rather quirky and strange to dress a boy like a girl. But I think it's going overboard to call it abuse.

In many other countries this kind of thing is actually very common.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Well, she self-published a book to place in her son's school so that he hopefully wouldn't have to face the bullying and ostracization she feared he might (that's a damn good mother). A local TV station heard of it, and invited her on for an interview. The clip went viral, and she's taking advantage of the unexpected publicity.
Wont have to face bullying? Ooh please.. She INVITED bullying on her son. if her son stops "playing" and stops wearing a dress at age 7.. He will be BULLIED his whole life because of the book..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Good for her. She might make some money, and much more importantly she might make the world just a bit more accepting of tomboys, princess boys, and other kids who are a little different. It's a win-win.
She's going to have to use those profits to pay for her sons therapy.. Win for the therapists, win for the bullies, she'll be lucky he doesnt commit suicide from all of the harrassment she just placed upon her son..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies