Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:56 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1taC3JjIOkM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 PM

379 posts, read 211,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
So if the mother wanted to dress him in KKK or nazi uniforms, you'd be okay with it too?

Or in this case, you like her agenda, even though the likelihood is that it has nothing to do with any cause, but is in fact her seeking attention via messing up her child, or getting back at the father, messing up her son in the process.
I"ve been avoiding this thread like the plague, but.......here goes.

First of all, who do you think you are second-guessing this mother's motives? It's really NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. "even though the liklihood is that it has nothing to do with the cause"........do you have any links or any facts to back up your assertion that "the liklihood is"? If someone thinks this woman is abusing her child, then the appropriate thing to do is to REPORT IT to the proper authorities, rather than gossip about it.

I'm just making a wild guess here, but it seems to me there is a strong liklihood that some men hate women............for god knows what reason.....but there is a liklihood that some men do hate women and just can't get over it. And it seems like those many men out there who hate women might just take every opportunity to verbally bash women and to humiliate them any way possible. Not much difference in my speculation that there are men out there who hate women and the speculation in this thread that this mother is "using" her son to "get attention"...............now, is there?

Old 11-10-2010, 08:37 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I think this will be my last post on this topic, I’m pretty sure it's all been covered. I will give my observations of what I believe is the highlights of this thread.

1. Some People seem to think a 2 year old should be able to make his own decisions and do whatever he wants even if it is not the best for him

2. Some People seem to think (although no one criticized the child) that if you don't agree you are intolerant

3. Some People want everyone to tolerate others strange behavior.

4. Some People seem to like little boys dressed as girls.

This doesn’t matter to me because I’ve been past raising my Son for a good amount of time and he turned out great but I do have an opinion.
If someone wants to dress their 2 year old little boy as a girl that’s their choice not the child’s, a child is not mentally developed enough to make that type of decision he does not understand the repercussions that decision can bring with it..
you are absolutely right on with what you said here.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am reminded of the Johnny Cash song, "A Boy Named Sue".

Some dress boys as girls, some girls as boys and others dress 10 yr old girls as Vegas call girls.

All is kind of weird and maybe not very good for the kids.

The kid has a great future in Afghanistan.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:44 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
I remember when my Niece was sending her 6-year-old son to school wearing girl’s pants and yeah he got laughed at and got some hurt feelings. Did he want to wear those pants? He didn’t care because that’s what his mom gave him to wear, his Great Grandmother found out and bought him jeans and yes then he cared about what he was wearing.

My brother in-law dressed his son in a suit for the first grade, the kid didn’t care until the first day and the other kids teased the heck out of him to the point of the school calling a meeting to explain being out of place and the emotions that go with it.

We are not talking dress up many kids play that and it’s fine, we are talking parents dressing a boy as a girl 24/7 and putting him in emotional and possible physical harm.

Personally nobody I’ve asked other than here think it’s cute, normal or even ok.

I would love to see one of you who think boy's dressed as girl's is fine to send one of your boy's to school dressed as a girl and see what it does to them.
I'm thinking maybe you need to reread the original article. We ARE talking about dress up! That's what started this whole thing - the boy went to the 'dress up closet' at his preschool and chose girl's clothes to dress up in. Mom's not 'sending him to school in girl's clothing'! Mom and Dad aren't 'dressing him as a girl' 24/7! They are simply allowing him to make his own choices about what he wants to wear and sometimes he wants to wear a dress.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:47 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
Why would a mother emberrass her son like that?
Did you bother to read the article? Why does everyone seem to think that his wearing a dress is her idea? It was HIS idea.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:40 AM

379 posts, read 211,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Did you bother to read the article? Why does everyone seem to think that his wearing a dress is her idea? It was HIS idea.
I would think, based on what sounds like reactionary responses, many did not read the article. It appears that even the OP has abandoned this thread.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:48 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I'm thinking maybe you need to reread the original article. We ARE talking about dress up! That's what started this whole thing - the boy went to the 'dress up closet' at his preschool and chose girl's clothes to dress up in. Mom's not 'sending him to school in girl's clothing'! Mom and Dad aren't 'dressing him as a girl' 24/7! They are simply allowing him to make his own choices about what he wants to wear and sometimes he wants to wear a dress.
Who is the parent? who buys him dresses? who wrote a book about her Princess boy? Dress up is a game putting on a dress and going to school is not dress up.
If you like boys in dresses all the power to ya. I myself think it is wrong.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:23 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
I re-read it three times I don't see anything about him dressing up sometimes, it says he likes to wear dresses and the acc., it says he picks out dresses in the store it says people laugh at him and his mom,
I watched the video, they said he had a cold and sat quietly sniffing, I didn't see him sniff or cough one time, he appeared very unhappy he never smiled.
All the pics of him at home shows he is dressed as a girl and of course the homosexual community is right there backing him up.

Sometimes I miss things because of my blood sugar so if I missed the part of him only dressing up once in a while please feel free to point it out to me.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:39 PM

472 posts, read 854,958 times
Quote:
I re-read it three times I don't see anything about him dressing up sometimes, it says he likes to wear dresses and the acc., it says he picks out dresses in the store it says people laugh at him and his mom,
I watched the video, they said he had a cold and sat quietly sniffing, I didn't see him sniff or cough one time, he appeared very unhappy he never smiled.
All the pics of him at home shows he is dressed as a girl and of course the homosexual community is right there backing him up.

Sometimes I miss things because of my blood sugar so if I missed the part of him only dressing up once in a while please feel free to point it out to me.
I agree, roaddog.

I read the article twice and watched the video. It was my impression this was not just about occasional dress up, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies