U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2010, 08:52 PM

15,102 posts, read 9,446,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadarocks View Post
Really. Is that what you think slavery was? Saving them from famine in Africa? How ignorant. Africa was advanced and civilized. Famine is disproportionately the result of colonialism. I am white, live in Toronto, Canada and I can say in a word-YES. Most of your country was built on the backs of African slaves. You have companies that wouldn't exist if they didn't get this free labour. It is high time they get back pay for the work their ancestors did for you. It is opinions like that which earn you the view that most people have outside of the USA--we think you are backwards and ignorant. In Canada and Europe we laugh at your Tea Party people and thank God we aren't American. Sorry to insult you all, when I know 50% of the population is Republican and crazy.
Isn't it amazing how smug and self-righteous some canadians are?

Canadians lie about their country:

CBC News - Edmonton - 'We screwed up,' Alberta admits after using British beach photo in ads

Canadians want to poison people with genetically manipulated hogs:

Why the Enviropig is Full of **** | Generation Green

There’s a poll out that shows Canadian have turned into hard-hearted, immigrant-hating SOBs:

Kelly McParland: Poll shows Canadians are nasty, anti-immigrant SOBs | Full Comment | National Post

Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 PM

6,608 posts, read 6,984,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
There’s a poll out that shows Canadian have turned into hard-hearted, immigrant-hating SOBs:

Kelly McParland: Poll shows Canadians are nasty, anti-immigrant SOBs | Full Comment | National Post

Apparently YOU went with the headline rather than actually read the article

Old 11-11-2010, 12:01 AM

12,012 posts, read 13,539,025 times
Quote:
Really. Is that what you think slavery was? Saving them from famine in Africa? How ignorant. Africa was advanced and civilized. Famine is disproportionately the result of colonialism. I am white, live in Toronto, Canada and I can say in a word-YES. Most of your country was built on the backs of African slaves. You have companies that wouldn't exist if they didn't get this free labour. It is high time they get back pay for the work their ancestors did for you. It is opinions like that which earn you the view that most people have outside of the USA--we think you are backwards and ignorant. In Canada and Europe we laugh at your Tea Party people and thank God we aren't American.
So why did Toronto just elect a teabagger as mayor?

Old 11-11-2010, 12:06 AM

8,043 posts, read 4,400,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
As our first African American president, should Barack Obama implement reparations, for African Americans? African Americans are still disproportionately poor, unemployed, targeted and profiled by law enforcement, and face many other injustices, based on their race. So, is it high time, that Obama get serious about reparations for African Americans now?
Certainly - any living former slave should ask for reparations - from his living master.
But to bill someone else for the actions of people long dead, who were not party to the injury, is - how shall we put it - UNJUST.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:43 AM

6,037 posts, read 4,724,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Get rid of hyphens. When talking about black americans or any other group no one should say "those people" but they should say "us". For example,don't separate the white welfare recipients from the black ones. Just give the full number of Americans on welfare. The only approved hphen should be illegal-immigrant.

In order for white people to accept blacks as Americans you have to accept some aspects of the culture. Hip hop has to be accepted as part of american music as mainstream and played on more radio stations. There has to be acceptance of certain hairstyles at work. And last,you absolutely have to accept their names however weird and un-American you think they are.

What? Why? Music will be played if there is an audience to support it. Hair styles? Names? None of this is consequential. Get serious!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:00 AM

3,051 posts, read 1,410,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
If he wants to donate his own money to the cause, great--let him. I, for one, am a descendant of Germans and Dutch people that came to this country in the late 19th century, well after the time of American slavery. My ancestors had nothing to do with it, and I have never done anything to hurt a black person.
The Dutch were involved in the slave trade.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:32 AM

5,384 posts, read 7,250,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
He is a black American,
No he's not a black American. Just like a zebra. He's white and black. You can't change that no matter how politically correct you want to be. His mother is as white as Paris Hilton.....

Old 11-11-2010, 04:12 AM

2,774 posts, read 1,769,398 times
Quote:
Really. Is that what you think slavery was? Saving them from famine in Africa? How ignorant. Africa was advanced and civilized. Famine is disproportionately the result of colonialism. I am white, live in Toronto, Canada and I can say in a word-YES. Most of your country was built on the backs of African slaves. You have companies that wouldn't exist if they didn't get this free labour. It is high time they get back pay for the work their ancestors did for you. It is opinions like that which earn you the view that most people have outside of the USA--we think you are backwards and ignorant. In Canada and Europe we laugh at your Tea Party people and thank God we aren't American. Sorry to insult you all, when I know 50% of the population is Republican and crazy.
maybe, but we all know that 42.7% of all statistics are just made up

Old 11-11-2010, 04:16 AM

10,335 posts, read 8,955,959 times
So, the idea is to force people who never owned slaves to give their money to people that never were slaves. Because of slavery.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:26 AM

6,411 posts, read 4,486,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
What? Why? Music will be played if there is an audience to support it. Hair styles? Names? None of this is consequential. Get serious!
Um yes it is. When you have people on this forum stating they won't hire anyonme with a ghetto sounding name it is consequential,esp when dealing with employment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies