Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 02:41 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,891,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Nice try. You can spin the pro-life contingents absolute disregard for unwanted living children any way you want. I listed the current numbers. Of the 423,000 children in the foster care system, there are 114,000 awaiting adoption. If pro-lifers value life soooo much, why are there any children on wait lists? You seriously have the audacity to state that adding 400,000 children per year will result in these children finding loving homes?

You have never answered this question, so here it is again. What exactly do you propose happens to 400,000 unplanned/unwanted children a year if abortion were illegal?
None of them will answer that question.
Why do you suppose that is?

Old 11-10-2010, 02:48 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,601,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Attempting to put words in my mouth, again?
Keep sidestepping the issue.
How many children are you fostering, or adopted?
One would think, as a pro-life advocate, you would be willing, ready and able to do all you can, besides having a plan in place IF Roe v Wade is overturned.
Guess not.
My wife and I have personally considered adopting kids. We have looked into it, but to be honest, we have some extenuating circumstances that would make it pretty difficult.

Having said that, I have an issue with the idea that we should factor cost into whether or not a child should live. That seems to be what you're suggesting. I find that disgusting. It's barbaric to suggest killing a kid because we don't know what to do with him/her.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,833,055 times
Quote:
Nice try. You can spin the pro-life contingents absolute disregard for unwanted living children any way you want. I listed the current numbers. Of the 423,000 children in the foster care system, there are 114,000 awaiting adoption. If pro-lifers value life soooo much, why are there any children on wait lists? You seriously have the audacity to state that adding 400,000 children per year will result in these children finding loving homes?

You have never answered this question, so here it is again. What exactly do you propose happens to 400,000 unplanned/unwanted children a year if abortion were illegal?
I've stated this before: the adoption and fostering systems in the USA need a significant overhaul. If the process were easier more people would do it. As it is many American couples and singles are forced to go overseas to adopt lest they begin raisng the child and more than a year down the road a bio-parent attempt to reclaim their parental rights.

In some states if you own a firearm you are precluded from serving as a foster parent, even one not looking for re-imbursement from the state for any expense. Again, the liberals and their agenda gone amuck and the unintended consequences are children stuck in the adoption and foster systems for years on end.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
You do realize that Christians (and pro-lifers by assumption) tend to adopt at higher rates.....right?

I won't argue though--we do need to back up what we say...but the idea that we should kill kids because we don't know what to do with them is just ridiculous.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:54 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,526,239 times
Quote:
Yeah, no kidding.

I want to know why all the pro-life organizations are not working with HHS/CPS to find loving homes for these kids? Why does one never see any advertizing on pro-life sites for foster kids? Why don't pro-life organizations go and picket outside of HHS/CPS offices demanding better funding and improved living conditions for foster kids? Why are there no pro-life supporters volunteering at the head-start programs? Where are the pro-life politicians demands for improved foster-care? Where are the pro-life politician's demands for increased budgets for HHS/CPS? What are they doing to help the already born children who really need help? I guess that's a rhetorical question.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:55 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,526,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
In some states if you own a firearm you are precluded from serving as a foster parent, even one not looking for re-imbursement from the state for any expense. Again, the liberals and their agenda gone amuck and the unintended consequences are children stuck in the adoption and foster systems for years on end.
You have got to be kidding me. What a crock. Talk about pathetic excuses.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
My wife and I have personally considered adopting kids. We have looked into it, but to be honest, we have some extenuating circumstances that would make it pretty difficult.

Having said that, I have an issue with the idea that we should factor cost into whether or not a child should live. That seems to be what you're suggesting.
Helloooooooooooooooo.............................. ...........................................

That is not what I am suggesting, so stop beating that poor, dead horse.
I am asking what the pro-life answer is to all those kids languishing in foster care right now, let alone what will happen if Roe v Wade is overturned.
Now, is that plain enough for you?
I just want an answer to that particular question.
If you are capable of an articulate, thoughtful, insightful answer, please tell us.
If you dont answer, and sidestep the issue again, I will KNOW what your answer is.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:56 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,027,986 times
Personal opinion only:
To have or not to have an abortion is a question for the pregnant woman to decide for herself. Men do not have the right to insert themselves into the decision process.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me. What a crock. Talk about pathetic excuses.
Sure would like to know what states she is speaking of....didnt notice anything cited in that nugget of wisdom.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah, no kidding.

I want to know why all the pro-life organizations are not working with HHS/CPS to find loving homes for these kids? Why does one never see any advertizing on pro-life sites for foster kids? Why don't pro-life organizations go and picket outside of HHS/CPS offices demanding better funding and improved living conditions for foster kids? Why are there no pro-life supporters volunteering at the head-start programs? Where are the pro-life politicians demands for improved foster-care? Where are the pro-life politician's demands for increased budgets for HHS/CPS? What are they doing to help the already born children who really need help? I guess that's a rhetorical question.
would you be ok with taking the money that the gov't currently gives to Planned Parenthood and giving it to HHS/CPS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies