Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 04:11 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,004,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
Abortion is never right. If you don't believe me, just ask God.
What god?

Old 12-06-2010, 04:16 PM

18,349 posts, read 18,966,033 times
Quote:
you god thinks abortion is wrong yet "god" lets toddlers and young children suffer for years then die from childhood cancers?

Old 12-06-2010, 04:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,582,558 times
Quote:
Which one?

Zeus?
Thor?
Mithra?

iGod?
iGod | Artificial Intelligence Chat with God

Old 12-06-2010, 04:50 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,918,652 times
Quote:
I think He is just a little busy right now, He is trying to keep us from blowing each other up in the name of religion.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:36 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,118,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
yes your constant put down of men who you believe have no right to say in the bay they helped form.
Your egoistical hateful attitude to a mans right to fight for the life of his baby

I can barely decipher what you are saying. I think I get the point and I am all for a mans right to fight for the life of his Fetus.

First we will have to get a DNA test (he pays) for him to be legally named the father of Baby Fetus, then we will have to somehow conjur up a machine (Or hire a Rent-A-Womb) where he can immediately take custody of 8 week incubating (really -32 weeks BB- Before Birth) Baby Fetus.

Because if he wants to have this baby, and the female does not, he is going to have to immediately request sole custody so she does not do something that is within her rights like have an abortion.

I am sure he does not want the glob of bloody cells that he would be getting if he was going to get custody of the fetus as it has just left the womb on it's way to HIS CUSTODY, so he better have a time machine so he can fast forward into the future to when they have created all these things he is gonna need.

Otherwise he will be going to jail for false imprisonment because you cannot IMPOSE YOUR WILL ONTO ANOTHER PERSON and get away with it. You would have to force the woman to stay pregnant, and the only way to do that would be to hold her hostage.. Even if GOD told you too, even if you think you are saving a life, it would still be illegal.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:46 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,118,750 times
Quote:
As I said a baby can not live on its own outside the womb
Sure it can, all by itself, anywhere from 1 hour to 24 hours or so til it dies of starvation or exposure depending on the time of year and location it was dumped at.

A baby no longer needs the person who birthed it to care for it the moment it is born. Hence Adoption being possible.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:16 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,206,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You cannot compare the people who died in the holocaust to a clump of cells. That is ridiculous.
We are all a clump of cells developing and changing. You might not be able to face that reality but i do. The moment you realize that you would be pro life because you would then understand what is going on

Old 12-07-2010, 07:18 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,206,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Sure it can, all by itself, anywhere from 1 hour to 24 hours or so til it dies of starvation or exposure depending on the time of year and location it was dumped at.

A baby no longer needs the person who birthed it to care for it the moment it is born. Hence Adoption being possible.
So we agree a baby can not live on its own inside or outside of the womb

Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,147,082 times
Quote:
So we agree a baby can not live on its own inside or outside of the womb
Yes. It's agreed. But there is a big difference in the needs and necessities of a baby inside the womb and outside the womb.

Outside of the womb, a newborn baby needs warmth, food (milk), and diaper changes... and of course a place to sleep. Anybody is capable of providing these things. From the mother to father to younger sibling to complete stranger, anyone can.

Inside of the womb, the originating woman's body is required to do these things - up to and including waste removal. There are currently no such things as "Rent-A-Wombs" where an unwanted 8-week old fetus/baby can be removed from a woman's body without killing it. There are no widespread "incubators" capable of taking care of a child for those 40 weeks until that child is capable of performing all bodily functions without assistance. Add to that the physical and mental strains/side effects of being pregnant; while mostly mild, these can be quite severe and can be deadly.

What do you do with a fetus that is unwanted by a woman unwilling or incapable of going through pregnancy? At the point that the child is present, there is no "SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE PILL". It's too late for that. There is already a life inside her.

Right now, the answer is abortion. Perhaps in a hundred years, Rent-A-Wombs will be available, but not today.

As for the original point of the topic: women tweeting about their abortion experience, I don't see a problem with it. It's women like these and stories like on imnotsorry.net - as well as sites like prolife.com that give women access to both sides of the abortion coin. While some women have no qualms making their decision (either way), for others, an unwanted pregnancy comes with one of the hardest decisions that they will ever have to make. I don't have a problem with support networks for women who chose abortion, just as I don't have a problem with support networks for women who chose adoption, just as I don't have a problem with support networks for women who chose to raise the child. They're all necessary.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 12-07-2010 at 08:28 AM..

Old 12-07-2010, 09:28 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Yes. It's agreed. But there is a big difference in the needs and necessities of a baby inside the womb and outside the womb.

Outside of the womb, a newborn baby needs warmth, food (milk), and diaper changes... and of course a place to sleep. Anybody is capable of providing these things. From the mother to father to younger sibling to complete stranger, anyone can.

Inside of the womb, the originating woman's body is required to do these things - up to and including waste removal. There are currently no such things as "Rent-A-Wombs" where an unwanted 8-week old fetus/baby can be removed from a woman's body without killing it. There are no widespread "incubators" capable of taking care of a child for those 40 weeks until that child is capable of performing all bodily functions without assistance. Add to that the physical and mental strains/side effects of being pregnant; while mostly mild, these can be quite severe and can be deadly.

What do you do with a fetus that is unwanted by a woman unwilling or incapable of going through pregnancy? At the point that the child is present, there is no "SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE PILL". It's too late for that. There is already a life inside her.

Right now, the answer is abortion. Perhaps in a hundred years, Rent-A-Wombs will be available, but not today.

As for the original point of the topic: women tweeting about their abortion experience, I don't see a problem with it. It's women like these and stories like on imnotsorry.net - as well as sites like prolife.com that give women access to both sides of the abortion coin. While some women have no qualms making their decision (either way), for others, an unwanted pregnancy comes with one of the hardest decisions that they will ever have to make. I don't have a problem with support networks for women who chose abortion, just as I don't have a problem with support networks for women who chose adoption, just as I don't have a problem with support networks for women who chose to raise the child. They're all necessary.
Nothing wrong with tweeting it? You have to be kidding, of course it is wrong. As for the mom and yes, she is a mom, who for whatever reason decided not to use birth control and now doesn't want to be a mom, have you heard of adoption? Which is more selfish, destroying a human life or giving that human life to someone who will care for it and love it?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.