Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did the $1B loss turn out to be true? Olympics costs generally recoup themselves over time -- stadiums, highways. "The estimated total cost of the Vancouver Olympics 2010 is currently set at $1.76 Billion." - source dated Sept 20, 2009, right before Beck's broadcast.
There barely is an olympic that takes place which doesnt result in losses. Syndney lost London Olympic committee piled up $15B in debt.. The fact that they might recoup themself over 50 + years isnt the issue, but continue to distract from the facts..
Quote:
The rhetoric was "several days a week," implied repeatedly by "is closing", when the reality was a total of three reduced service days separated in time.
Thats 3 days, cut due to financial problems. The intent of the statement is accurate, its you liberals that take a talk show host literally.
But hey, thats not an answer, so lets give the Democratic response, Beck had a slip of the tongue.. You are very familiar with that term, you use it for every single Democratic mistake known to man kind...I note you ignored the Obama posting.. Maybe Beck was "tired", like the excuse the left gave for Obama claiming 57 states..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 12:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There barely is an olympic that takes place which doesnt result in losses. Syndney lost London Olympic committee piled up $15B in debt.. The fact that they might recoup themself over 50 + years isnt the issue, but continue to distract from the facts..
Beck named the specific number $1 billion on September 20, before the Olympics started. The total cost of the Olympics was estimated at $1.76 billion, made public at least a week before Beck's broadcast. If you can come up with a source for Beck's claim please post it.
Quote:
Thats 3 days, cut due to financial problems. The intent of the statement is accurate, its you liberals that take a talk show host literally.
Oh, that's loyal but way too much of a stretch. No reply nec.
Quote:
But hey, thats not an answer, so lets give the Democratic response, Beck had a slip of the tongue.. You are very familiar with that term, you use it for every single Democratic mistake known to man kind...I note you ignored the Obama posting.. Maybe Beck was "tired", like the excuse the left gave for Obama claiming 57 states..
Beck doesn't broadcast live.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
If his viewers aren't going to "do their own research", then why don't the Beck bashers?? If he simply strings things together, then it should be very easy for the bashers to point out the lies in Becks arguments. Right? Such a simple thing for the bashers to do.....with specifics.....facts.

All I ever hear from the bashers are either personal attacks against Beck or general overall statements like "he lies". I'd like to see cold hard facts to refute what Beck says. The best way to shut Beck down would be to present facts that shows he lies. Seems the bashers aren't able to present facts against Becks information, which lends even more credibility to Beck.
THEY have no facts but since they know nothing he said from not watching him all they can do is scream, "Lies" and then use google to prove they were right. They google Glenn Beck's Lies and get page after page all from left leaning blogs. It is almost funny what they do but it is so sad that I can't laugh about it no matter how funny.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
THEY have no facts but since they know nothing he said from not watching him all they can do is scream, "Lies" and then use google to prove they were right. They google Glenn Beck's Lies and get page after page all from left leaning blogs. It is almost funny what they do but it is so sad that I can't laugh about it no matter how funny.
When Glenn makes a statement or leads you to draw a conclusion that is false or misleading, these sites upload the video or the audio of him saying it, and quote and link to reliable sources which debunk his claim or fill in his omission. In other words Glenn is in business to lead you to draw a false or distorted conclusion. He preys on your weaknesses. There are lots of descriptions of Glenn's style and many articles and books on the history of the appeal of Glenn's style, but this one is quick -- "Where Limbaugh was angry, Beck is paranoid. In his land of make-believe, devious enemies have infiltrated the government and are plotting to destroy America. Every significant phenomenon, from the recession to the BP oil spill, is part of their master plan. Their final objective is a fascist-communist-Big Brother-world-government-über-tyranny, and they will annihilate anyone who interferes, which is why Beck frequently asks listeners to pray for his safety." - link at post 98.

Sites that debunk propagandists are trying to do you a favor.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:04 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Wow. 118 posts and it hasn't even aired yet. I guess I'll have to read what you are all pre-ejaculating comments about. I thought you'd all at least wait until he said something.

Sooooooooooooo, want to talk about Sarah Palin's Alaska series on TLC next?

Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
"Can't disprove"? Ever heard of Mediamatters? We constantly link to articles with video, audio, quotes and transcripts that flatly disprove things Beck says, constantly in these-here pages.
WE constantly? You speak as if YOU are part of Mediamatters...

That would explain so very much.. Yes, Ive heard of media matters.. the laughing stock of the internet.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
If arguing with them is like spitting in the wind, then isn't simply callng him / them liars also like spitting in the wind?

Without any proof of his lies, Beck bashers fail miserably and elevate Beck at the same time.
Many of the Beck bashers have probably seen this video from one of the top bashers of all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKujVjnqkQU

The Young Turk does about as bad in this one as in any of his but the left seems to love him and think he is very right.

I bet The Young Turk has never seen the video of Van Jones speaking at the Powershift 09 convention. It can be found easily on google but lefties don't want to believe that he actually said all the things he said on that video. Beck used it so it must be all lies he somehow made up.

You are too right about the spitting in the wind.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Wow. 118 posts and it hasn't even aired yet. I guess I'll have to read what you are all pre-ejaculating comments about. I thought you'd all at least wait until he said something.

Someone should tell you that the thread is to discuss the weekly events, and that today is Tuesday, meaning he already has had at minimum 2 radio shows, and a television show..

Old 11-09-2010, 01:17 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

LMAO!!!!

The name Beck is just like a dager to obamacrats......
Then you bring up Palin, and then Hannity, and then Rush, and O'Reilly, and then Bobby Jindal, and then Rubio, and then Tea Partiers, and then Ann Coulter, and Michelle Malkin, and on and on.......

Obamacrats just have such a long hate list and such a delicate apple-cart. Poor things.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
WE constantly? You speak as if YOU are part of Mediamatters...

That would explain so very much.. Yes, Ive heard of media matters.. the laughing stock of the internet.
"We" = people here at this website, City-Data, who keep doggedly referring you to MM to help you see where and how you've been misled. I know that people try to laugh away Mediamatters here and can only imagine what it's like at places like freerepublic and the Hannity forums and suchlike, where there aren't any people like us to burst their bubbles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies