Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 01:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Because it's from previous cost cutting legislation that was never implemented, they just keep pushing the cuts back.
Yes but the new cuts make it now increasingly important to make other cuts.. Its a domino effect and the new cuts will will compound the problem. Look at it from a doctors point of view..

First they are paid very little for these procedures even more patients, and now you are going to cut their payment, not once, but twice.. They might have been able to sustain 1 cut, but clearly both cuts need to be taken into account.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 01:39 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Most already do. How is it moraly justifiable to deny needed care to the aged who have only Medicare? Isn't there a special place in hell for cold, mercenary people like that?
Well Bideshi these Doctors offices are basically small business's that employ a lot of people, as such they need to turn a profit or the Doctor and their entire staff will be in the same boat as the people without insurance. Charity begins at home.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Most already do. How is it moraly justifiable to deny needed care to the aged who have only Medicare? Isn't there a special place in hell for cold, mercenary people like that?
I dont know.. I was taught that those who want others to go to hell, usually end up there themself.. Why dont you go study medicine and provide free care the aged or are you a cold mercenary individual yourself?

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-14-2010 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: snarky and rude

Old 11-14-2010, 02:53 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
At some point we have to say NO to the doctors and pharma outfits. NO we cannot keep raising the cost at 4 times the inflation rate. NO we cannot afford to pay for everything for everybody- such as these stupid "scooter" chairs that TV informercials hawk to seniors who don't even need them.
Just say "No" whenever you want.

We will just stop seeing medicare patients, as we already lose money on them. It would be a financial blessing to our practice to simply not see medicare patients any longer. We continue to see them as essentially a public service. However, if further cuts are made, we will be forced to not accept medicare, resulting in a higher salary for myself and many of my partners.

PS- slavery is illegal in America, therefore we cannot be forced to see medicare patients.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:59 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
I say let the cuts go through. Our debt is getting out of control and its not a Democratic problem or a Republican problem, its everyone's problem.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I say let the cuts go through. Our debt is getting out of control and its not a Democratic problem or a Republican problem, its everyone's problem.
The problem is the math is flawed. You cant just cut things to below cost because at some point, it needs to be made up elsewhere. You can cut the number of procedures being done, but not payments for those procedures, but one thing we've learned from the Democrats.. there is no rationing going on.. even if it actually will result in less..

Old 11-14-2010, 03:21 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Cuts aren't needed.

Full accountability and measuring the process would work better IF you can find honest enough people to handle the operation.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:38 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Marine 1967 View Post
my question is why did the democrats push for a medicare cut. Medicare is not 100% to begin with, why screw the old people. why not cut medicaid
Try to get a few facts.

Q+A: How does healthcare overhaul affect Medicare? | Reuters

http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/8071.pdf

Old 11-14-2010, 04:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The doctor can say no but we can- and should- open 100 new medical schools, "fast track" any immigration applications for docs that want to immigrate and take Medicare patients, allow more "less than docs" to do more medicine such as giving flu shots, doing basic exams and writing basic prescriptions. In addition to that we should do tort reform and offer a government "at cost" liability insurance program for doctors who agree to take at least 25% Medicare patient loads and also offer 1 year of complete college and medical school loan forgiveness for each 2 years a doc offers to take at least 25% Medicare patient load. This is what we should be doing.

I'll let the fast track doctor take care of you!
You get what you pay for.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,821,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
PS- slavery is illegal in America, therefore we cannot be forced to see medicare patients.
I bet that reasoning impressed the guy drafting you! Back in the days of WW2, or Vietnam. Or your teachers in High School. Can't make me do anything I don't want to do, I got not duties, just rights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies