Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:49 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'm not a conservative. SOme would call me liberal. I believe we need to cut some entitlements. Your post is patently wrong.. Unless you want to say I'm not liberal. Abortion is awoman's choice. Being gay is OK, too. Peopel who aren't white don's scare me. Poor people can be my friends and should get a break, if possible. There ya go. Liberal as the day is long.

Dick CHeney, a noted liberal, once said, "Deficits don't matter."
Why is it so hard for liberals like Cheney to understand they do matter?
You are a liberal.

Why? You adhere to false and fanciful preconception of conservatives, as you don't know any and have never favored that ideology. Liberals just cannot help themselves about Cheney/Bush as well. It is like liberal "cat nip" to you liberals.

I am
- pro choice
- not anti-gay (just don't want them forcing thier agenda on me)
- not a racist (how many minorities do you have in your family? My guess is ZERO)
- The only time I associate with "the poor" is hunting or shooting, as they do not live near me, nor do they play golf. I have nothing against "the poor", as I was once one of them. I do think, however, that everyone should pull themselves up by thier own bootstraps.

Because you are a liberal, the concept of cuttnig spending when we have huge deficits and debt is inconcievable. You have been bred with a snout in the government trough and removing yourself from that position is just too scary to comprehend. It is against the inbred traits of liberals to even think about, let alone speak, the word, "cut entitlements".

Cutting spending is the only fiscal salvation for the nation. Increasing taxes will simply result in more irresponsible government spending, as our "leaders" have abandoned hard political decisions in favor of simply throwing money at problems. If spending is to be controlled, it must be forced upon our politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 03:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Everyone's taxes are going up anyway. When you run up trillions in debt and don't have the courage to cut government to the bone (and trust me...we don't), taxes have to go up. It's what adults do when there are no other options.
You have it backwards..

Adults cut their spending, or earn more.. They dont give up more to others who are being irresponsible (i.e. government) If we wanted to be responsible we would STOP giving more money to someone that we know will just use it to buy more crack..

Old 11-14-2010, 03:19 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
If $8000 in taxes are deducted from your pay yet you only get a $1000 refund how can you say you're not "technically" paying any taxes?
What I mean is that I don't write a cheque to the IRS.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:22 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I have another solution to propose. Have the government set up a voluntary tax for all the liberals who believe in paying more taxes. All those who think taxes are the solution would have the freedom to pay more taxes. Those who don't believe that way of course would not have to contribute to the voluntary tax.
The tricky part would be deciding what to do with that extra $632 in voluntary tax contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You are a liberal.

Why? You adhere to false and fanciful preconception of conservatives, as you don't know any and have never favored that ideology. Liberals just cannot help themselves about Cheney/Bush as well. It is like liberal "cat nip" to you liberals.

I am
- pro choice
- not anti-gay (just don't want them forcing thier agenda on me)
- not a racist (how many minorities do you have in your family? My guess is ZERO)
- The only time I associate with "the poor" is hunting or shooting, as they do not live near me, nor do they play golf. I have nothing against "the poor", as
I was once one of them. I do think, however, that everyone should pull themselves up by thier own bootstraps.

Because you are a liberal, the concept of cuttnig spending when we have huge deficits and debt is inconcievable. You have been bred with a snout in the government trough and removing yourself from that position is just too scary to comprehend. It is against the inbred traits of liberals to even think about, let alone speak, the word, "cut entitlements".

Cutting spending is the only fiscal salvation for the nation. Increasing taxes will simply result in more irresponsible government spending, as our "leaders" have abandoned hard political decisions in favor of simply throwing money at problems. If spending is to be controlled, it must be forced upon our politicians.
Than you are not a true conservative. You might be somewhat libertarian.

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What I mean is that I don't write a cheque to the IRS.
Yet they still kept $7000 of your money to use as they see fit with little if any regard for your preferences as to how your money is spent.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Yet they still kept $7000 of your money to use as they see fit with little if any regard for your preferences as to how your money is spent.
Actually they kept about $3700 of it. The rest was state (6%) and Social Security and Medicare.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You have it backwards..

Adults cut their spending, or earn more.. They dont give up more to others who are being irresponsible (i.e. government) If we wanted to be responsible we would STOP giving more money to someone that we know will just use it to buy more crack..
You totally avoided what i said. This line in particular:

"When you run up trillions in debt and don't have the courage to cut government to the bone (and trust me...we don't), taxes have to go up."

Nothing i said is backwards. If i'm wrong, prove to me that there exists some will (that i've never seen...you've never seen it either) to cut government to the bone...enough that we'll solve our deficit and debt problems. I already know that you can't.

Taxes are going up. I didn't say you had to like it...just that you've gotta deal with it.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You totally avoided what i said. This line in particular:

"When you run up trillions in debt and don't have the courage to cut government to the bone (and trust me...we don't), taxes have to go up."

Nothing i said is backwards. If i'm wrong, prove to me that there exists some will (that i've never seen...you've never seen it either) to cut government to the bone...enough that we'll solve our deficit and debt problems. I already know that you can't.

Taxes are going up. I didn't say you had to like it...just that you've gotta deal with it.
You absolutely do have it backwards.. When SOMEONE ELSE runs up trillions in debt, it is not responsible to continue to bail them out while they make no sacrifice. GOVERNMENT rang up trillions in debt, I took no part in it, I didnt support it, I didnt ask for it, and I've received very little benefit from it.. No.. it is NOT responsible to continue to pay more and more while those you give it to continue to spend more and more.. thats just foolish... Its not my job to cut government to the bone, nor is it my responsibility to support those who refuse to.. its my job to FORCE them to do what we elect them to do, and that cant happen if you decide to just keep giving them more...

Old 11-14-2010, 04:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You absolutely do have it backwards.. When SOMEONE ELSE runs up trillions in debt, it is not responsible to continue to bail them out while they make no sacrifice. GOVERNMENT rang up trillions in debt, I took no part in it, I didnt support it, I didnt ask for it, and I've received very little benefit from it.. No.. it is NOT responsible to continue to pay more and more while those you give it to continue to spend more and more.. thats just foolish... Its not my job to cut government to the bone, nor is it my responsibility to support those who refuse to.. its my job to FORCE them to do what we elect them to do, and that cant happen if you decide to just keep giving them more...
We're going in circles. You're abdicating your responsibility in this mess that you helped make. And on top of all that, you're offering tired platitudes.

You're an American (i presume), so you benefitted just like everyone else. Yes, you DID take part in it. And you should have to pay your bill just like everyone else. Government isn't some Giant on a hill...it's YOU and ME..the folks who elected them. Your view of government is absurdly detached. You are knee deep in it just like the rest of us. How in the hell you figure that your role in this mess is somehow mitigated just because you may have voted for folks who said one thing and did another is irresponsible and frankly, frightening.

In any case, you're gonna help us pay this back. Not because you want to (obviously), but because it's your responsibility to fix it. That's what ADULTS do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies