Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:07 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,163 times

Advertisements

Does anyone see the irony in Muslims, especially Muslim women insisting that they be allowed to opt out of both the full body scans and only permitting a pat down of their heads and necks? With virtually 100% of the terrorists being Muslim, in what universe does this seem a viable option for Muslim women who wear hijab? They could hide a virtual arsenal under those garments. But the worst of it is that the "victims" of any terrorism are being subjected to the over-the-top intrusiveness of the scans and pat downs but yet we are supposed to be "sensitive" to the very group who have made it necessary in the first place.

(I made no implication that all Muslims are terrorists, only that all terrorists seem to be Muslim - a clear distinction.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 08:08 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Does anyone see the irony in Muslims, especially Muslim women insisting that they be allowed to opt out of both the full body scans and only permitting a pat down of their heads and necks? With virtually 100% of the terrorists being Muslim, in what universe does this seem a viable option for Muslim women who wear hijab? They could hide a virtual arsenal under those garments. But the worst of it is that the "victims" of any terrorism are being subjected to the over-the-top intrusiveness of the scans and pat downs but yet we are supposed to be "sensitive" to the very group who have made it necessary in the first place.

(I made no implication that all Muslims are terrorists, only that all terrorists seem to be Muslim - a clear distinction.)
No

Old 11-16-2010, 08:15 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times
Quote:

They should not be accommodated and yes, I agree it is ironic.

I also think it's quite sad that we even have to use disclaimers on CD. It would be great if people would just read instead of going out of their way to make trouble if there is not a disclaimer put on the post, and even then, it's still up for debate.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:16 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Should special accommodations be made to honor Muslim sensitivity?

NO...any other questions..??

Old 11-16-2010, 08:18 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
[quote=Redrover;16671959]Does anyone see the irony in Muslims, especially Muslim women insisting that they be allowed to opt out of both the full body scans and only permitting a pat down of their heads and necks?

I find it no more "ironic" than a gentleman yelling "don't touch my junk."

As for an exception of Muslim women, no, I would not agree to such an exemption.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
If I am subject to the HS searches then everybody should be equally subject. Equality under the LAW is fundamental to our legal system.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:19 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:

First all terrorist are not Muslim, there are Basque separatist in Spain, FARC terrorist in Colombia, and still a small number of terrorist in Northern Ireland, just to name a few.

Now in relation to Muslim women being scanned let's keep in mind people pay to fly. If they don't like the security rules and procedures related to flying then they shouldn't fly. The security procedures in place are to protect EVERYBODY that flies, therefore everybody should be subject to the same type of security procedure. If Muslims think the security procedures in some way violate their religious practices they should work in conjunction with the airline industry and government to develop security procedures that still allow a woman to be searched yet address the security concerns of the airline industry and governments around the world.

On another note in Afghanistan female soldiers are used to search Afghan woman at checkpoints and other types of searches. I see no reason why the same thing can't be done to accommodate Muslim women who fly.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:19 AM

63 posts, read 37,583 times
Quote:

The tentacles of Islam entagle everything. Neverf make the mistake of confusing an organization with it''s members/captives.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,356 times
Quote:

Tim McVeigh was a Muslim? Wow - completely unaware of that. I know I was young when it happened, but I could have sworn he was white.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Tim McVeigh was a Muslim? Wow - completely unaware of that. I know I was young when it happened, but I could have sworn he was white.
What, there can't be white Muslims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies