Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2010, 02:40 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times

Advertisements

I have oft wondered why with all the beauty and freedom in the world people like Beck and the freak from Iran No. Korea Saudi ya know take your pick....have to control others. I ascribe it to mental illness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 02:45 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,604,439 times
Quote:
I have oft wondered why with all the beauty and freedom in the world people like Beck and the freak from Iran No. Korea Saudi ya know take your pick....have to control others. I ascribe it to mental illness.
You have no idea what it means to be "controlled." Comparing Beck to a dictator is a slap in the face to people who have actually lived under a true dictator.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:49 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,604,439 times
Quote:
I feel the exact same way. You're not alone!
Good to know that I'm not alone!

I take solace in the fact that this forum probably draws some of the most bitter and politically narrow-minded people there are. It's probably not a true representation of how the majority of people think. If it is, we are in serious trouble.

Thankfully I'm just a visitor to this political debating stuff. I think I'll go back to posting on the Michigan forum where people seem somewhat happy and sane!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:18 PM

63 posts, read 37,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
No, it is true. A lot of people believe what Beck is saying is absolutely true. I know it is hard to believe, but he has millions of loyal listeners.
I've NEVER found anything he has said to be anything but cojent, rational, fact-based, patriotic and correct (except, perhaps, his excessive reliance on religion and belief in god, which I think is a bit much).

Old 11-16-2010, 03:20 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfourth View Post
I've NEVER found anything he has said to be anything but cojent, rational, fact-based, patriotic and correct (except, perhaps, his excessive reliance on religion and belief in god, which I think is a bit much).
Yeah today he says Soros owns the Tower of Babel!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:59 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
You have no idea what it means to be "controlled." Comparing Beck to a dictator is a slap in the face to people who have actually lived under a true dictator.
you are truly naive.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yeah today he says Soros owns the Tower of Babel!
Well if he said it, it was certainly obvious to all it was a joke. Soros is a danger to the USA, democracy and freedom worldwide. As I understand it he has destroyed at least one country's currency.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:13 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,812 times
Glenn Beck is cool and everyone needs to be watching him. We are doomed and he is warning us!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:27 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
He has never said that ALL Democrats are Communists. He did say that the Democrat party has been hijacked by Progressives/Communists. Which is completely true.
If you think the Democratic Party has been hijacked by Communist I've got some swamp land in Florida for you. Nobody in the Democratic Party has any interest in central economic planning, or nationalizing every business. It's absolutely absurd thinking like this that will eventually be the undoing of the American Conservative Movement.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If you think the Democratic Party has been hijacked by Communist I've got some swamp land in Florida for you. Nobody in the Democratic Party has any interest in central economic planning, or nationalizing every business. It's absolutely absurd thinking like this that will eventually be the undoing of the American Conservative Movement.
Oh, yes, no interest at all? And I have a bridge in Brooklyn for you. Great cash cow!!!!! So far they have taken over
GM and are working on the health care, but in your "mind" that is no interest. AAAAAmazing!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies