Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:15 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times

Advertisements

Wow, it turns out that airports can opt out of using TSA. They can use private companies for security and the federal government still hass to pay for it. I hope the recent series of TSA incidents will cause more airports to opt out of using this security theater agency.
Find the email address of your airport and write to them and tell them you don't want TSA (touching sensative areas) at your airport.

Amid airport anger, GOP takes aim at screening | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Amid-airport-anger_-GOP-takes-aim-at-screening-1576602-108259869.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 02:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Ooops, you can opt out of who does the groping but TSA still maintains the power to have private gropers grope.

TSA: Frequently Asked Questions - Program (http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/optout/spp_faqs.shtm - broken link)

Old 11-16-2010, 02:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
PS Now let a non-groped passenger blow up a plane and watch the "I don't wanna be groped" crowed come a screaming. It should be very entertaining, blown up plane notwithstanding.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:41 PM

952 posts, read 942,121 times
TSA is OPTIONAL for airports

The new policy requiring screeners to pat down passengers' breasts and genitals might boost the economy, and reduce unemployment

....the TSA has received a ton of job applications.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:41 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
Who cares? If you don't want it; don't fly.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:42 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Yes because nobody here in the U.S. has families overseas

Old 11-16-2010, 02:48 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
I'm quite sure parents of young children or those who have elderly parents care.

There is something wrong in our country if we are willing to give up more & more of our freedoms due to 'fear'.

The freakin terrorists can walk into our country but, we should subject ourselves to groping by strangers?
I have already written a letter to the airline I fly most & I will NOT fly if I have to be groped or filmed nude in public. period.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,352 times
Quote:
Yeah, I guess I'll take a boat to Hawaii next time. A cruise perhaps. I am not going to fly domestic anymore.
But that is easy for those of you who never go anywhere to say stay home or don't fly. Looks like I am going to be renting some RVs this summer.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:20 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
PS Now let a non-groped passenger blow up a plane and watch the "I don't wanna be groped" crowed come a screaming. It should be very entertaining, blown up plane notwithstanding.
Quote:
As usual, the leftists are the ones who are all too willing to surrender their rights to the government. REAL Americnas can figure out that this is not about security but only the appearance of security.
Why are we so focused on planes? A bomb in the LONG security line would kill as many people as setting it off on the plane and it would be a lot esier too. A terrorists could walk in wearing the bomb in a mannor that would never make it through a metal detector and just press a button to detonate it. What reactionary policy woult TSA come up with then? Move the security lines outside the building? Make it illegal to congregate more than 4 people in a group inside an airport? Make coats and jackets illegal? The absurdity goes on and on but never doubt that TSA won't rise to the challenge. If its absurd enough then somone in TSA has already thought of it.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Yeah, I guess I'll take a boat to Hawaii next time. A cruise perhaps. I am not going to fly domestic anymore.
But that is easy for those of you who never go anywhere to say stay home or don't fly. Looks like I am going to be renting some RVs this summer.

That's excellent. Actually a grand idea!

You will be helping some struggling industies.

The bus lines, the auto industry, trains, and boating.

Airlines will find a way to bring rides back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies