Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the legacy Bush and Cheney have left for the USA
They were great and did everything to protect the USA 4 12.12%
They did some things well, there have been worse administrations 11 33.33%
No objections 0 0%
They ruined the economy 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:56 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
America will be paying the price for YEARS, because of the BLUNDERS of Bush/Cheney team.

BTW: My well-used Bush pinata, is still under warranty!

Steve
yes, the extended warranty on the pinata. Good thinking

Isn't the candy getting a little stale though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 11:04 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Let's be reasonable and honest here.

It's true that some democrats voted in favor of the resolution that Bush used to invade Iraq.

ALL republicans voted for it.

Bush, Cheney, Rice, and Rumsfeld spent MONTHS spreading half-truths, inuendos, and outright lies in order to convince the public that their pet war was necessary "to protect America."

And that campaign worked. They got their war. Then blamed it on "faulty intelligence." Problem is, the faulty intelligence is the exact same stuff they used in their campaign of deception. They just chose to ignore the intel that didn't support their agenda. They cherry-picked. And what they cherry-picked turned out to be bogus. What they chose to ignore was real.

It's cost hundreds of billions of dollars and thousands of lives. And Bush will never be honest enough to explain why he did it. He continues to lie and hide behind the intel excuse.

But, I'd agree that democrats have some responsibility in this whole fiasco. But to split it up proportionately, it would have to be:

GOP - 99% responsible for the worst foreign policy blunder in American history.

Democrats - 1% responsible.

There.
That clears it all up.
I agree, let's be reasonable and honest. Your math doen't add up.

""The 2002 Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) was a law passed by the United States Congress authorizing what was soon to become the Iraq War. The authorization was sought by President George W. Bush. Introduced as H.J.Res. 114, it passed the House on October 10, 2002 by a vote of 296-133, and by the Senate on October 11 by a vote of 77-23. It was signed into law by President Bush on October 16."

In the House, 215 Republicans voted Yes, 6 No and 2 Present; 81 Democrats voted Yes, 126 No (61% of the delegation) and 1 Present; the sole Independent voted No. The final vote was 296 Yes (69% of the House), 133 No, and 3 Present. In the Senate, 28 Democrats voted Yes (56% of the delegation, including Senators Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Biden, Bayh, and Daschle) and 22 voted No; 49 Republicans voted Yes and one voted No (Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island). Note that the Democrats controlled the Senate and could have postponed a vote on the Resolution until after the November election

I hope this clears it up for you.

Also Clinton, Edwards, Biden Bayh Daschle were in office BEFORE Bush was elected and had made public statements based on the inteligence recieved during Bill Clinton's term.

I don't think Bush forced them to vote in favor before he was even in office.

Do you want me post those statements again?

Old 11-21-2010, 11:54 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,383 times
The Bush apologists will NEVER admit, that it's HIS war!?

He pushed for it.
He broke it.
He owns it.

And once it turned into a multi-year cluster f*ck (just like Afghanistan), suddenly the right decided to start looking for non-GOP scapegoats?

You betcha.....Steve

Old 11-22-2010, 08:16 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Ever wonder why no one would, or could, do a pro-Bush documentary?
Even the Oliver Stone film was rather mild....there a right-wing screenwriters out there....anyone have anything in the works?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:19 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
No, I never wondered why. Its common knowledge that hollywood is very liberal.
So are you saying ronnie regan was a lib?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Bush wasn't to worried about Muslims taking flying lessons but they didn't need to know how to take off or land. He decided that he needed a month vacation at the ranch.
Are you serious? The president can not, and should not try to police every single thing in our country. If those muslims were suspects then the pilot training school should have alerted authorities. It's not the presidents job to interrogate potential suspects!

Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
So are you saying ronnie regan was a lib?
No, I am saying that the majority of the hollywood movie starts (writers, directors, etc.) are liberal. Did you not know that?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I agree, let's be reasonable and honest. Your math doen't add up.

""The 2002 Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) was a law passed by the United States Congress authorizing what was soon to become the Iraq War. The authorization was sought by President George W. Bush. Introduced as H.J.Res. 114, it passed the House on October 10, 2002 by a vote of 296-133, and by the Senate on October 11 by a vote of 77-23. It was signed into law by President Bush on October 16."

In the House, 215 Republicans voted Yes, 6 No and 2 Present; 81 Democrats voted Yes, 126 No (61% of the delegation) and 1 Present; the sole Independent voted No. The final vote was 296 Yes (69% of the House), 133 No, and 3 Present. In the Senate, 28 Democrats voted Yes (56% of the delegation, including Senators Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Biden, Bayh, and Daschle) and 22 voted No; 49 Republicans voted Yes and one voted No (Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island). Note that the Democrats controlled the Senate and could have postponed a vote on the Resolution until after the November election

I hope this clears it up for you.

Also Clinton, Edwards, Biden Bayh Daschle were in office BEFORE Bush was elected and had made public statements based on the inteligence recieved during Bill Clinton's term.

I don't think Bush forced them to vote in favor before he was even in office.

Do you want me post those statements again?
why let facts get in the way of things? The libs were having so much fun bashing Bush with their make-believe, internet inspired, 4th hand stories. smack:

Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
So I'm supposed to believe that an anti-Bush documentary is going to be based on facts?
It's not anti-Bush as its premise. It's bound to appear anti-Bush to any Bush bootlickers, I'm sure. But it tells the whole story, going back long before Bush took office. It shows how the problem was festering for years before 2001, but Bush policy certainly made it worse. I'm sure that was never Bush's intention. And there were many other actors in this drama. But the consequences are clear.

But, by all means, ignore it.

You have no need to understand the issue.

Quote:
Sure, and Grizzly Adams didn't have a beard
As for Iraq: I blame Saddam Hussein. But, we gave him too much wiggle room, and he pulled a houdini. Bush Sr. didn't finish the job. Clinton talked tough, but did nothing. The UN did nothing. The inaction from 1992-2001 gave Saddam a false sense of security. He obviously assumed that GW Bush would not attack because the UN wasn't on board. I suspect that the UN had some shady characters working with Saddam (in exchange for oil?)

Saddam's been gone for what, five years now? Iraq is still in turmoil. Bush had years to sort it out, but fumbled. He started a war he had no clue on how to finish. He went into Iraq with a half-baked, slipshod plan that didn't take the aftermath into account. That's major league stupid. That's beyond bad leadership. That's inexcusable. Except to the hard core Bush apologists, who continue to make every effort to excuse his actions.

Quote:
The recession: It's interesting that our economy was not a top concern for the dems in the 2004 pres election. If the dems had something to pin on Bush they would have. The dems were running on the Iraq war! Don't they know that the GOP is strong on defense, and the dems are the party (supposedly) strong on economy? The US economy was doing just fine from 2001-2006. If you want to blame someone for the collapse, then why don't you start with Fannie, Freddie, the wall street crooks, Bernie Madoff, barney frank, etc. I think that it is NO coincidence that our economy really went south once the dems took control of congress. And, it hasn't improved with Obama in the WH. Why is that?
Why did our economy recover nicely after 9-11? after Katrina?
But, we can't seem to recover 2 years into Obama's presidency... with a democratic congress and Senate! You may think you're a smart guy, but the American people aren't on the same narrow path. The 2010 mid-terms are not a fluke

You REALLY need to learn how the recession happened.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
alienating long-standing allies? Those allies chose to cut and run because they couldn't take it. Its easy to let big brother take care of you all the time.
Maybe Iran IS becoming the region's biggest power... but, what is Obama doing about it? I guarantee you that Iran would be less of a threat with GW Bush in the WH. Look at Obama's "leadership" during the oil spill. Thats how he runs our wars too
You REALLY need to learn about Iraq, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies