Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:28 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
What kind of business would that be?

I'd like to buy un-pasturized milk, but that's as illegal as pot.

In Colorado, it is MORE illegal than pot.
Obviously you don't know what is best for you. Thankfully we have rules and regulations written by those smarter than the average peasants to guide us on the proper way to go about our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 09:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
Why do people always feel like it's the job of the rich to help the poor? Why don't these people ever ask why the poor won't or can't help themselves?
Poor people are always know it alls about something they don't have. If you try to help them with knowledge they'll either ignore you, attack you or give 101 excuses as why they can't do that but they want to tell successful people how to handle their money...

Old 10-20-2015, 10:01 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
The liberal's answer to all is to take from those who have and give to those who have not. Especially if they can exclude themselves from the giving part. Liberals don't like the concept of personal accountability for those who are chronic screw ups.. Its always easier to just take from successful people and to reward the ones who refuse to do for themselves.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:26 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
Let's get this strait .
you live in a country that provides you with an education paid for by every one else and then complain about poverty, and want the rich to give up their hard earned money all the more.
Many men have made something of them self not even having a collage education.
Stop making excuses, and casting blame, and take responsibility for your self as an example to those behind you.
Because if your example is leading others to further poverty and dependency on the government ,your part of the problem not part of the solution.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:19 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
There are a handful of people who have enough wealth to end the poverty and suffering of everybody on this entire Earth. That's no exageration.

I'm not talking about people with a couple hundred thousand, or even a couple million dollars.

I'm talking about people with hundreds of millions of dollars or even billions.

Is there any reason why one individual should have a billion dollars?

The whole "trickle down" theory is obviously NOT working as it's supposed to. The wealth trickles down at a drip and a flood is needed.

Many of these ultra-rich people do not even operates businesses and pay employees. They simply move investments around and hoard the money.

I think something needs to be done about this. What do you think? This has been getting more and more out of control in recent years.
This is such worthless baloney.

Face it, what you really want is something for nothing without having to work for it and redistribution in your mind is your answer in getting something for nothing.

The combined wealth of the 10 richest men in the united states is $460.5 billion dollars or $460,500,000,000.00.

The current population of the United States is 318.9 million.

Why don't we do what liberals would love to do and that's execute the ten richest men, Soviet style, and redistribute the money back to everyone like you and me?

By doing this you and I would each receive $1,444.02 which I am sure would solve all your money problems, wouldn't it?

But Comrade, why stop with the ten richest billionaires in America when we can go for the Combined Wealth Of All 1,426 Billionaires in the world?

What The Combined Wealth Of All 1,426 Billionaires Could Do

Quote:
For the 27th annual Forbes billionaires list, our team of reporters spent months tracking down the wealthiest people around the globe. We looked at public companies and hidden fortunes, as well as a host of other luxury assets to compile the authoritative account of the rich in 2013 (read more about our methodology here). Ultimately, we found 1,426 billionaires who are together worth a total of $5.4 trillion — a record sum.
Comrade, all the worlds problems are solved!

If only we take all the money all the billionaires in the world have and redistribute it to all 7 billion worldwide inhabitants each of us would receive the staggering sum of $771.42 and with that all the worlds problems would be solved!

//Sarcasm off

I often see this type of redistribution tripe spewed forth by one of two types of people.

Type I is politicians trying to get elected.

Type II are losers that are failures in life only because they are failures. Fact is if I gave you a Type II $771.42 today, or even $1,444.02, they would be just as broke and failed six months from now as they are today.

So instead of spewing forth tripe I would suggest you crunch some real numbers for a change.... unless you're a democrat politician then I would say carry on.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:29 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
There are a handful of people who have enough wealth to end the poverty and suffering of everybody on this entire Earth. That's no exageration.

I'm not talking about people with a couple hundred thousand, or even a couple million dollars.

The whole "trickle down" theory is obviously NOT working as it's supposed to. The wealth trickles down at a drip and a flood is needed.

Many of these ultra-rich people do not even operates businesses and pay employees. They simply move investments around and hoard the money.

I think something needs to be done about this. What do you think? This has been getting more and more out of control in recent years.

The root cause of poverty in most countries is bad government. Fix that and poverty tends to go away.

Stealing money from people that have a lot of money solves nothing. What will you do when there is no more money to steal? Besides, stealing private wealth is bad government. You'd only be perpetuating the root cause.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:33 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
big money drives big business and if it were not for big business you wouldn't be here .

Old 10-20-2015, 12:02 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:

Comrade, I have the solution to world wide poverty!

The solution is simple, execute and confiscate all the wealth of millionaires and billionaires in the world and redistribute the money to the Peoples!

Total millionaires in the world: 12 million millionaires (World Wealth Report 2013)
Total wealth of all millionaires (excluding the billionaires): $46.2 trillion, over 3 times US GDP
Total billionaires in the world: 1426
Total wealth of all billionaires: $5.43 trillion

Total wealth of all millionaires and billionaires is $51.63 trillion dollars.

By redistributing all these wealth to the 7 billion Peoples of the world who really deserve it each person will receive their rightful $7,375.71 which will bring heaven upon earth!

Just think of it, mighty comrade, with this money you can purchase a..... well.... .used Volkswagen!

Old 10-20-2015, 02:19 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,241,772 times
Quote:

You have every right to do whatever you want with your money.

You have no right to tell anyone else they have "too much" or what they should do with their money.

It's not your money, you didn't earn it, you don't get a say in how it is handled.

Give away all your money if you want, but keep your hands off mine.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Since liberals are outraged over this, take the money from the liberals to solve the problem.

Leave everyone else alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies