Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 11:34 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
No but he handled that natural disaster the same way he managed the wars and the 9/11 attacks. With pure utter failure.
Then, he achieved his objectives.

So what's your problem?

You want someone who is ineffectual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 11:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
No but he handled that natural disaster the same way he managed the wars and the 9/11 attacks. With pure utter failure.
Someone needs to inform you, as always, that its the states that limited any such recovery from Katrina, and the scheme of things, the handling was actually quite good.. You can pretend it wasnt but I challenge you to list the errors by "Bush".. not the states..

And his handling of the wars are being duplicated by Obama, are you now saying Obamas managing of the wars are a failure?

As for the 9/11 attacks, how else would you have preferred it be handled? We can all sit here and play hindsight, but unless you can list some facts, it comes off as a bunch of hogwash, long on attacks, short on facts...

Old 11-29-2010, 11:57 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Bush deserves to have his feet held to the fire. Let's not forget the allegations of lying and fabricating evidence to get us into war. Ousting CIA agents, the "Patriot" Act, warrantless wiretapping, waterboarding, rendition, failure to respond to the New Orleans disaster. Let's not forget about the corporate bailouts either. Oh yeah, he oversaw the largest expansion of the federal government in the entire history of the republic. And, blame Clinton all you want, the largest terrorist attack on American soil took place under his watch.

So yeah, I'd say Bush deserves some scrutiny. After a record like that you know what the "lowest point of his Presidency" was? Kayne West calling him a racist. Please.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:13 PM

320 posts, read 290,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Someone needs to inform you, as always, that its the states that limited any such recovery from Katrina, and the scheme of things, the handling was actually quite good.. You can pretend it wasnt but I challenge you to list the errors by "Bush".. not the states..

And his handling of the wars are being duplicated by Obama, are you now saying Obamas managing of the wars are a failure?

As for the 9/11 attacks, how else would you have preferred it be handled? We can all sit here and play hindsight, but unless you can list some facts, it comes off as a bunch of hogwash, long on attacks, short on facts...
Its so sad and pathetic whenever one criticizes Bush it's assumed he's an Obama supporter. Just goes to show the sorry state of politics as well as the brain capacity of the average American. You're either a supporter of one side or the other. Thats whats wrong with our two-party system. It makes it easier to brainwash the gullible masses. I'd imagine that's the intended effect though. I'm not an Obama supporter I'm just a man who makes his own decisions and don't just repeat what some idiot on the radio or the TV tells me to believe.

Bush was a FAILURE. He started a war we couldn't finish over false reasons. The economy tanked. He didn't make a bonafide effort to bring that scumbag Osama to justice. And after getting multiple warnings about Islamists planning to attack us by plane they just let it happen. The list goes on. Anyone who'd defend a proven life-long loser isn't the smartest guy in the world.....

Old 11-29-2010, 12:35 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Am I the only one who is sick of the 'Bush bashers'

Nope.

Their preoccupation with the man has cost them the House, diluted the Senate, and put Obama's reelection in jeopardy.

Keep it up I say. Its a splendid strategy.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:41 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
it is amazing to me how many people on here are Monday morning Quarterbacks...I would like to see any one of you sit in the Oval Office after 9/11 and would love to see what you would have done...besides calling your mommy on the phone...

Old 11-29-2010, 01:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Bush will be bashed until...

... history no longer recalls his many foul-ups.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:06 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,928 times
bush ok'd new book he did not contribute one word to it.If you read it you will note not one word is in crayon

Old 11-29-2010, 02:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Its so sad and pathetic whenever one criticizes Bush it's assumed he's an Obama supporter. Just goes to show the sorry state of politics as well as the brain capacity of the average American. You're either a supporter of one side or the other. Thats whats wrong with our two-party system. It makes it easier to brainwash the gullible masses. I'd imagine that's the intended effect though. I'm not an Obama supporter I'm just a man who makes his own decisions and don't just repeat what some idiot on the radio or the TV tells me to believe.

Bush was a FAILURE. He started a war we couldn't finish over false reasons. The economy tanked. He didn't make a bonafide effort to bring that scumbag Osama to justice. And after getting multiple warnings about Islamists planning to attack us by plane they just let it happen. The list goes on. Anyone who'd defend a proven life-long loser isn't the smartest guy in the world.....
Ahh and there we go again, ignoring reality while going off on some diatribe. Wars stimulate economies, so your complaint about the wars, and the economy tanking are counter one another.. If you knew anything about economics you'd understand this, but sit here and call other posters stupid, that doesnt make you correct..

Old 11-29-2010, 02:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wars stimulate economies
FINALLY!! A conservative comes clean about why we went to war in the first place and why they love wars so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies