Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 09:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I can tell - you are a connoisseur.

Enjoy

The TSA is out of control
Enjoy ? Folks ought to see this video.

Arrested and taken away for apple sauce..tackled by 4 guards for contact lens solution and ended up with a concussion, detained for 6 hours because you had a book to learn a foreign language.

These TSA folks have NOTHING to fear..they are making their own rules here. They are not trained to be fighting this War on Terror..unless the terror they are reigning is on us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 09:19 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither-Ben Franklin

Old 11-17-2010, 09:27 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
You choose an occupation that requires TRAVEL. You know when they ask you in an interview how much you can travel? Yes, no one is holding a GUN to your tiny little head telling you that you must travel. Do not expect anyone to pity business travelers because that is something you signed up for. I USED to travel for my occupation.
Do you realize how little sense this makes .... unless everyone chose their occupations YESTERDAY ... they have jobs .. careers that they may have invested a dozen or more years ... they DID NOT CHOOSE to be molested by goons in uniform, and there is NO CIRCUMSTANCES that would justify this simply because some of you are such COWARDS, peeing your pants in fear.

Quote:
I think ........
No you don't. You don't think at all.

Quote:
What about it. When your mother dies YOU pick the date of the funeral. DID YOU KNOW THAT?????????????
This is the perfect example of the logic of an 60 IQ.

Single dimensional, not able to see multiple angles of even the most simplistic example.

HINT: Boss, Mom died. I need to take off for the funeral. Sure thing .. my condolences. Boss, I'll be gone for a year ... I'm taking a covered wagon.

Quote:
That was a pretty stupid example my friend. IF you don't want to be X-rayed, I understand, then just like at a concert, you will be inspected with hands to make sure you do not possess any contraband.
You're not my friend ... I couldn't be in the same room with you for 5 minutes.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
If seeking it, this is the video of the 3 year-old girl traumatized by the TSA. She first appears at the 0:53 mark:
That my friend is what we call a temper tantrum. Unless she has a medical condition like Autism which she has tactile issues(which then she would have a note from a Dr and have been screened not with the regular passengers), there is no reason for her to act like that.

IF the agent was smart they would have made the parent do all the work and endure all the kicking and screaming.

Sorry but this happens ever day when you see a parent make a kid leave Chuck E Cheese. Nothing traumatic other than her bear being taken away.

As a parent of 3 children all under 10 yrs old, I am not that impressed with this video. Just another meltdown.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
If seeking it, this is the video of the 3 year-old girl traumatized by the TSA. She first appears at the 0:53 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJNY_PTULO4
Note: this video has been removed from some locations due copyright by 'tribune.' It may be removed from this link in time as well.
This is the plain simple evidence that a 3 year old little girl possesses the common sense too many adults lack.

This child has the born capacity to recognize that strangers shouldn't be touching her .... I'm sorry her parents didn't.

It's also proof that such sense is God given, as she OBVIOUSLY didn't inherit this from her Mom ... or that ***** News reporter father.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:45 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Do you realize how little sense this makes .... unless everyone chose their occupations YESTERDAY ... they have jobs .. careers that they may have invested a dozen or more years ... they DID NOT CHOOSE to be molested by goons in uniform, and there is NO CIRCUMSTANCES that would justify this simply because some of you are such COWARDS, peeing your pants in fear.

IT IS CALLED ADAPTING. Some of you IN TEXAS seem incapable of ADAPTING to the world as it changes. Oh well, too bad.

I am concerned with my safety which is why I don't much care if they frisk me. I find it a pain that it takes so long to get through the lines, but otherwise, whatever. People like you would prefer that someone get a device on a plane and then whine about how security failed you.

Here is the TRUE PROBLEM with Mr. "GET AWAY FROM MY JUNK" man who flipped out at security, he has issues with his weener.

I am not OVER-SENSITIVE about my BODY PARTS as some of these wussy crybabies are.

WAH WAH WAH he brushed by my weiner. Does that make ME GAY???? OH GOD I better go slap a girl on the butt and clean MY GUN.

I am so insecure in MY MANHOOD that I can't let someone near my johnson even though I am a grown man (or at least pretend to be).

Quote:
No you don't. You don't think at all.
Your sad sad attempts at insulting me- merely because I do not agree with you- is pathetic and explains how very INSECURE you are about yourself. You don't like that it doesn't bother me. Ah well, don't come to my neck of the woods and we won't have a problem. If you want to come on out and settle this, DM me and I will set it up..

Quote:
This is the perfect example of the logic of an 60 IQ.
Sorry rouge gullet but My IQ is 142. Thanks for reminding me of how smart I am. It feels so good.
Quote:

HINT: Boss, Mom died. I need to take off for the funeral. Sure thing .. my condolences. Boss, I'll be gone for a year ... I'm taking a covered wagon.
Most places give a week with pay for bereavement if it is out of state. You can try to justify why you JUST MUST FLY but I don't care about you or your life. IF you can't take the heat, stay OFF THE PLANE.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:48 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,984,029 times
Wink Video: Congressional hearing on TSA

This is C-SPAN video of today's (11.17.2010) Aviation Subcommittee hearing on the TSA:

C-SPAN Video Player - Lawmakers Review Security Procedures at Airports (http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/2010/11/17/HP/R/40858/Lawmakers+Review+Security+Procedures+at+Airports.a spx - broken link)

Old 11-17-2010, 09:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Enjoy ? Folks ought to see this video.

Arrested and taken away for apple sauce..tackled by 4 guards for contact lens solution and ended up with a concussion, detained for 6 hours because you had a book to learn a foreign language.

These TSA folks have NOTHING to fear..they are making their own rules here. They are not trained to be fighting this War on Terror..unless the terror they are reigning is on us.
This is similar to what happened at the Government lab where I used to work.

Hoards of idiot security guards were let loose on the scientists and everyone else.

I never dreamed it would spread to the masses.

I lost my contract with the lab after being accosted by five of the stupid security guards.

For window dressing, the Government backed the five idiots, but then fired them a year later, for a different reason, to protect the appearance of right-doing by the Government overseer. Add Government cronyism to the mix, and things get really ugly.

At the lab, it was always about APPEARANCES to the public.

I've probably said too much.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
That my friend is what we call a temper tantrum. Unless she has a medical condition like Autism which she has tactile issues(which then she would have a note from a Dr and have been screened not with the regular passengers), there is no reason for her to act like that.

IF the agent was smart they would have made the parent do all the work and endure all the kicking and screaming.

Sorry but this happens ever day when you see a parent make a kid leave Chuck E Cheese. Nothing traumatic other than her bear being taken away.

As a parent of 3 children all under 10 yrs old, I am not that impressed with this video. Just another meltdown.
Proof that we are in greater need of licensing requirements for potential parents than we are needing airport security.

The TOS doesn't allow me to say what I'D REALLY LIKE TO SAY.

Suffice that to mean the very worst your imagination might be able to conjure, and multiply it by 10.

Shut up you little brat .. SMACK ... let the nice goon run their hands all over your body and take away your teddy bear ..... SMACK ... shut up ... quit causing a scene. ????

This is your way of raising your children?

How despicable.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquest123 View Post
Would you rather hire college graduate and pay them more? Where do you think that money would come from?
Do you think $35K Joe Rent-a-Cops with a HS or GED education is protecting the nation ? They are the ones to capture a terrorist ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies