Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gay TSA agents be allowed to give same-gender pat-downs?
Yes, they should be allowed 49 45.79%
No, they should not 55 51.40%
Not sure 3 2.80%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:19 AM

465 posts, read 463,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Please enlighten us ..... not your fantasy day dreams ... but real events with grannies and little kids hijacking and blowing up airplanes? I missed those.

Yeah yeah ... we had the tighty whitey retard, and a little bit of digging shows this to be a totally staged event. Body scanners stocked in warehouses waiting for the right political climate to deploy them ... and low an behold, here comes MR. Retard, and his "fruit of the boom" undies. And it was all one BIG COINCIDENCE ... including the part about Homeland Security Chief, Comrade Chertoff financially tied to the company that makes the scanners.

Just one big coincidence.
Absolutely.

Fighting terror is not the objective. There are ulterior motives to these heightened security meaures. Most of them revolve around money and kickbacks. There is a whole booming economic sector growing out of airport security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 04:20 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,101,805 times
If were going to go this unconstitutional then why not solve the problem permanently and remove ALL Muslims from the United States and bar them from future entry?

I guess I won't be taking any plane rides anytime soon. I despise TSA and their retarded security theater. The knowledge that passengers and crew of a hijacked plane will no longer idly sit by is enough to deter any future 9/11 style attacks. We should be worried about Mumbai style mass shooting spree attacks, car bombs, and suicide bombers in shopping malls but instead we are busy harrasing 85+ year old grandparents and people stuck in wheelchairs. Anyone see the video of the TSA inspectors lifting the lady in the wheelchair OUT of the wheelchair because she told them she couldent get out of it for them to "inspect" it. That has got to be among the most humiliating things I have seen along with their harassment of my 83 year old WWII vet grandfather several years ago over his fake knee .... after he already showed them a doctor's note explaining how his knee replacement surgery would set off the metal detectors. Just mentioning the word "TSA" is enough to make me go ballistic.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:22 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yup, they can grab my junk all they want.

Yeah, yeah, old Ben wasn't sitting on a plane as it was flown into the side of a building...I suspect he would have felt differently.

LOL, no he was being chased by the British. By signing the Declaration of Independece he was signing his death sentence. If the British caugt him he would have been executed.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
shorebaby - Excellent point. There is terror and there is TERROR. I am concerned that our corporations in the guise of government are turning into our own homegrown Terrorists.

BTW - I suggest chartering a private airplane and crew if you have several people going to the same place at the same time. By sharing the cost each individual may actually pay less and I can practically guarantee you will be treated as a welcome guest and not like self loading cargo.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:39 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
shorebaby - Excellent point. There is terror and there is TERROR. I am concerned that our corporations in the guise of government are turning into our own homegrown Terrorists.

BTW - I suggest chartering a private airplane and crew if you have several people going to the same place at the same time. By sharing the cost each individual may actually pay less and I can practically guarantee you will be treated as a welcome guest and not like self loading cargo.

That is hyperbole, these people are by no means terrorists. They are honestly trying to do what they think is right. I believe they are wrong and are overstepping their bounds and putting too much power in the hands of the government.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
US Constitution

4th Amendment

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

So what do you think the framers would consider "unreasonable" regarding the security of your person? What do you believe they meant when they made this part of the Supreme Law of the land? You can not have a law, or regulation that violates the constitution ... if any does (and there are many that do) it's not a law ...

These acts by the TSA are being conducted under "color of law" meaning some one wearing a uniform says they have the authority to do this. They don't. No one has the authority to violate the law ... there can be no law that allows the violation of the law ... no post ... no title given that sets one above the law.

Now if a federal agent sticks his hands down your pants, without a legally issued warrant by a judge, based on probable cause, and specifically stating what is being searched for, he or she is violating the law, and can and should be arrested, and prosecuted.

But one need not be a constitutional scholar to understand that no one has the right to violate you like that. Basic, rudimentary common sense is all that is required.

Ugh. Please stop with all this 4th Amendment nonsense. When you buy a ticket YOU CONSENT to the security/screening procedures. Can't be a violation of your rights if you consent.

Do I like the new procedures? No. Do I think they're a violation of my Constitutional rights? Not even close.

How many of you that are railing against this on this forum have written or called your Government representatives to voice these same concerns?

In the end, that's all we can do - let our Representatives know and vote with your feet.

Whinging about it on the internet isn't going to improve anything...

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-18-2010 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 11-18-2010, 06:17 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
Absolutely.

Fighting terror is not the objective. There are ulterior motives to these heightened security meaures. Most of them revolve around money and kickbacks. There is a whole booming economic sector growing out of airport security.

BINGO... we have a winner...

You suppose people would be as riled up about AZ's immigration law if they realized it was written by the company conspiring with the senator to build more prisons....... How handy a prison company that wanted to build prisons figured out they could go after women and children illegals to increase the bottom line.... Wonder how much of a kickback the politician got?

Old 11-18-2010, 06:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,861,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So your point was some small percentage of the people employed as TSA agents commit crimes just like some small percentage of the people employed at every other job in the world commit crimes. Good point.
You know that for a fact?
TSA workers start at around $12/hour,it is a job requiring little initial skills or training.It is one of the lowest paying federal jobs out there.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:

I don't agree that TSA screeners are grabbing breasts and balls, sticking their hands down people's pants or molesting people.
You don't?

What is your proof it isnt happening.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Can you show me where TSA screeners are supposed to squeeze breasts or balls?
No-one can tell you what the TSA is supposed to do,because the exact procedure is secret.

Makes it a little difficult to then know if the TSA worker is going too far doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies