Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 08:16 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But..the Dems are against the war and are mad for Obama NOT bringing all the troops home and ending this.

I'm against the wars since Day 0. Obama was going to put an end to it all. And here he is with the biggest US arms deal in history.
And you're NOT upset ? With all the arms deals we're making we'll be at war for another decade moving from country to country.

ENOUGH ALREADY. The US needs to get out of the ME. We failed..we did not find Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice.

No, arms deals typically mean someone else will be at war, not us.

If the Saudi's want to fight Iran for us and Israel, great. I don't have a problem with that, do you?

ps: If we pull out of the Middle East altogether, that would be doing exactly what Bin Laden hoped to achieve with 9/11. Would you be OK with that too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 08:23 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Soooooooo.........I guess we can now conclude obama is snuggled up tight with those Evil Saudi princes. I seem to recall how Bush's relationship with the Saudi's was, and still is, a bone of contention for the Left.

I'm guessing the Saudi's will be the new BFF of the Left, now that obama has made this HISTORIC arms deal, in the dead of night, behind Congress's back.

Critics Slam Obama Administration for 'Hiding' Massive Saudi Arms Deal - ABC News

Critics Slam Obama Administration for 'Hiding' Massive Saudi Arms Deal
Largest Arms Deal In U.S. History Pushed While Congress In Recess

"Stealthy" - just like a snake in the grass.
If this was Bush doing this, ABC would be up in arms about the "secretive backroom deal" with Saudi, and would NOT use the euphemism of "stealthy" to describe the deal of the century.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
No, arms deals typically mean someone else will be at war, not us.

If the Saudi's want to fight Iran for us and Israel, great. I don't have a problem with that, do you?

ps: If we pull out of the Middle East altogether, that would be doing exactly what Bin Laden hoped to achieve with 9/11. Would you be OK with that too?
I'm of the belief that our army and our arms should be used by us for defense of our country. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

And pulling out of the ME was Bin Laden's hope ?
Maybe bankrupting us was as we go country to country, destroying it and then rebuilding it and handing suitcases of cash over to pay safe passage.

I still think the best thing we could have done was to let the CIA loose on him..covert ops in the ME and they would have found him I'll wager.
But that would have been too easy and I think there were other motives besides getting Bin Laden.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Nothing that President Obama can or will do in office tops the Bush/Bin Laden families oil connections and the fact that the only flights to leave US soil (when ALL other flights were grounded) directly after the 9/11 tragedy were full of the Bush family friends....the Bin Ladens

Plane Carried 13 Bin Ladens (washingtonpost.com)

Bin Laden may have arranged family's US exit: FBI docs

So seriously, why did we need to start a war....all Dubya needed to do was ask his Saudi friends were Cousin Osama was hiding.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The left talked about Bush and the Saudis because 15 of them annihilated the World Trade Center while he was in office. That's not hyperbole, it's a fact.
They were only SAID to have annihilated the World Trade Center.

They didn't actually DO it.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:25 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm of the belief that our army and our arms should be used by us for defense of our country. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

And pulling out of the ME was Bin Laden's hope ?
Maybe bankrupting us was as we go country to country, destroying it and then rebuilding it and handing suitcases of cash over to pay safe passage.

I still think the best thing we could have done was to let the CIA loose on him..covert ops in the ME and they would have found him I'll wager.
But that would have been too easy and I think there were other motives besides getting Bin Laden.

Since that same al Queda had enjoyed safe harbor and material support in Afghanistan under the Taliban for years, I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone could say it wasn't in our interests to go after them in the first place. Of all the things we've done during this war, about the only RIGHT thing was taking the war to our enemies.

We could debate all day about how, and why, the effort is failing, but the original invasion of Afghanistan clearly WAS an act of self-defense and the right thing to do.

And, yes, according to Bin Laden himself, drawing us into the Middle East and defeating us there was PRECISELY what he intended. I expect he never dreamed he'd succeed this completely, thanks to the muddling of George Bush.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:44 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Soooooooo.........I guess we can now conclude obama is snuggled up tight with those Evil Saudi princes. I seem to recall how Bush's relationship with the Saudi's was, and still is, a bone of contention for the Left.

I'm guessing the Saudi's will be the new BFF of the Left, now that obama has made this HISTORIC arms deal, in the dead of night, behind Congress's back.

Critics Slam Obama Administration for 'Hiding' Massive Saudi Arms Deal - ABC News

Largest Arms Deal In U.S. History Pushed While Congress In Recess

"Stealthy" - just like a snake in the grass.

What, don't you want American workers to have jobs? You want American to quit manufacturing arms and give up its status as the worlds largest arms supplier? Why do you hate the American worker so much?

See how easy that works, not to mention since the United States has an agreement with Israel that ensures that Israel remains the dominant military power in the region, this now ensures that even more arms are sold to the Middle East. So do you object to arming Israel now?

This thread might be something if it weren't so profane to logic, common sense or reason.

This notion that it was "hidden" is laughable since it has been all over the damn news since late summer. So its amazing that Congress is suddenly shocked by an arms deal that took place over the summer and it is just now discovering this secret news.

What a piece of tripe.

U.S.-Saudi Arms Plan Grows to Record Size
* AUGUST 14, 2010

U.S.-Saudi Arms Deal Adds Helicopters, Swells to $60 Billion - WSJ.com

Obama whine piece #49684960872469872469692

Old 11-19-2010, 10:46 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
To add to this complete and utter piece of nonsense... "Obama critics criticize Obama" - Department of Redundancy Department.

DUH, it would be news if it said, "Obama critics hail Obama", otherwise see above

Old 11-19-2010, 10:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
To add to this complete and utter piece of nonsense... "Obama critics criticize Obama" - Department of Redundancy Department.

DUH, it would be news if it said, "Obama critics hail Obama", otherwise see above
I guess ABC dropped the ball then, huh? I wonder why they are so shocked and surprised about the deal, why they couch it in terms like "stealth" and "hiding".

Ask them.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:54 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Oh what a load of hogwash...... I read about the deal when it first occurred on Chinese, Russian, Australian, Japanese, German and French news websites.........
Why on Earth would the entire media network of the United States cover it up? Maybe our arms sales are not really headline news???????

I swear, some people see conspiracies everywhere they look

Said Chicken little "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies