Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 08:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

The very people that want government all involved in taking care of the people are not the people paying for it.

More people have government taking care of them then not. At the turn of the last century it was only around 5%. Now over 50%, get some benefit from our government.

So now you have to pay for all these lovely plans and entitlements.
The very people working hard and paying taxes, get way less to no benefit from it, besides what the original Constitution allowed the government to control.

Has the government created an illusion that there are more impoverished, ruling the wealthy? Are they pushing for more class separation?
Can you see where that can lead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 08:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The very people that want government all involved in taking care of the people are not the people paying for it.

More people have government taking care of them then not. At the turn of the last century it was only around 5%. Now over 50%, get some benefit from our government.

The very people working hard and paying taxes, get way less to no benefit from it, besides what the original Constitution allowed the government to control.

Has the government created an illusion that there are more impoverished, ruling the wealthy? Are they pushing for more class separation?
Can you see where that can lead?
You mean like the retired on Medicare and Social Security?

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...dollar-by-2020

Quote:
The Silent Entitlements Monster: Social Security, Medicare And Interest On The Debt Will Gobble Up Every Single Tax Dollar By 2020

Old 11-20-2010, 08:42 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,296 times
Yeah...

Nobody but you and a handful of millionaires pay taxes or works for a living.

How much money does a millionaire have left after he pays his taxes?

Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 AM

272 posts, read 295,507 times
Wouldn't have to want it if it wasn't only the rich making a living. There are lots of people out there working hard or who have worked hard and lost it all. As wages drop for the middle class more and more will need it. Yet the rich keep getting richer and want more. Look what is happening in many states class warfare we brought down many blue collar workers that wasn't enough. Now we are working on the white collar workers, lets bring down those teachers and government workers and small business owners they make to much or we can now get another country to do those jobs for less.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canear View Post
Wouldn't have to want it if it wasn't only the rich making a living. There are lots of people out there working hard or who have worked hard and lost it all. As wages drop for the middle class more and more will need it. Yet the rich keep getting richer and want more. Look what is happening in many states class warfare we brought down many blue collar workers that wasn't enough. Now we are working on the white collar workers, lets bring down those teachers and government workers and small business owners they make to much or we can now get another country to do those jobs for less.
Exactly! And if people keep complaining about this sort of thing, as the OP does, Medicare and Social Security will be on the chopping block big time while the rich get more tax breaks and live very well.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:12 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times
Well, no one really pays taxes. That's an entirely different issue. With all the loopholes, we pay less than 5% (if that) taxes on high salaries... yet expect the government to do this and that.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Yeah...

Nobody but you and a handful of millionaires pay taxes or works for a living.

How much money does a millionaire have left after he pays his taxes?

Actually the treasury sent me a check I did not deserve or pay into the system to get. Something about a tax credit. I didn't make crap the last 3 years!
I gave it to a local charity.

Here I got something I didn't work for, via the federal government.
It would not be honest for me to keep that. I did get to choose what charity not them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Notice I didn't say, I.
I said, you.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:35 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly! And if people keep complaining about this sort of thing, as the OP does, Medicare and Social Security will be on the chopping block big time while the rich get more tax breaks and live very well.
So, we as a society of individuals, should continue on the regimen of giving 15% of our money to "put back" (cue laughter!) for our retirement (Social Security) and 10% for our old-age health care (Medicare). That's a total 25% of your (potential) income before you even start paying federal income tax or state income tax and sales taxes. And, after the government blows it all on pure crap, allow the government to go unpunished and feed it more of the cash-drug that it so craves, by running all the "rich" out of the country and out of their earned money?

Sounds like we have become a rabble that will never understand justice or jobs.

(The percentages above include the pay your employer could be paying you instead of the share of the payroll tax going to the government.)

Old 11-20-2010, 09:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Social security and Medicare have become welfare programs unfortunately. This is why we should have an "opt-out" of them.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Well, no one really pays taxes. That's an entirely different issue. With all the loopholes, we pay less than 5% (if that) taxes on high salaries... yet expect the government to do this and that.
No, it is NOT an entirely different issue! If we could close the loopholes, and simplify the tax code then we could start to tackle the real problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies