Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:46 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Excluding potential employees for other than good business reasons is a poor business practice. It's the same as excluding candidates because of race or religion. It narrows your pool of potential candidates and at some level, that will have a negative business impact.
This might have been true in the past,but with today's high unemployment and millions of Americans out of work this post is laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 05:32 PM

758 posts, read 1,640,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You are not comparing cigarette smokers to Holocaust Jews I hope.
No, I wasn't at all. My point was that the quote could be adapted for these times. First the smokers, then the obese, then the elderly, then the medically afflicted, the social drinkers....eventually who would be left?

Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,754,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Typical smoker attitude. They all think just like this- that they have the right to foul everybody elses air. It is just too bad that lung cancer cannot kill them off at a very early age instead of when they are 50 or 60. That way they couldn't reproduce and further damage the gene pool.
Typical attitude of a pseudo-intellectual pretentious *******. I don't smoke anymore, but it's attitudes like this that make me want to start smoking again in protest. I consider myself an empathetic person, but even I can't even fathom where viewpoints like this come from. Hey dude, stop trying to convince yourself that your better than other people and just let it go. Oh well, I know it helps your intellectually lazy, black and white 'with us or against us' world view to pigeon hole people into convenient little groups.

It's funny, if you take a big step back from this smokers vs. anti-smoker nazis debate, it's a lot like the gay marriage debate. Smokers, like homosexuals, aren't hurting anybody (but themselves), however, there are enough moral busy-bodies in this country that they have to live with persecution for no other reason than that their lifestyle choices are considered offensive by others.

Summary: Get a life you totalitarian bastards.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
Typical attitude of a pseudo-intellectual pretentious *******. I don't smoke anymore, but it's attitudes like this that make me want to start smoking again in protest. I consider myself an empathetic person, but even I can't even fathom where viewpoints like this come from. Hey dude, stop trying to convince yourself that your better than other people and just let it go. Oh well, I know it helps your intellectually lazy, black and white 'with us or against us' world view to pigeon hole people into convenient little groups.

It's funny, if you take a big step back from this smokers vs. anti-smoker nazis debate, it's a lot like the gay marriage debate. Smokers, like homosexuals, aren't hurting anybody (but themselves), however, there are enough moral busy-bodies in this country that they have to live with persecution for no other reason than that their lifestyle choices are considered offensive by others.

Summary: Get a life you totalitarian bastards.

Right on! Nobody is perfect. We all have our vices, and issues in life. With that being said. People need to start worrying about their own damn lives, and quit worrying how everyone else lives. Different strokes for different folks! And until you have walked a mile in someone elses shoes, IMO you have no right to criticize others! Furthermore, there is nothing I hate more than tattle tales in the work place! Fortunately, I work for a small company where the gossip and snitching is minimal, but it does happen. I have always felt, that if you have a problem with me, say it to my face! There is no reason to be a snitch! If I worked for a company where smoking was banned, and I saw an employee breaking the rule, my mouth would remained closed even if I didn't get along with that person, because it's not my business. I figure let that person deal with the consequences. It isn't my story to tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies