Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay couples having children
Yes - it is all about the love a child is given, not the sex of the parents 158 74.53%
No - we are meant to have a male and a female bring us up 54 25.47%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 05:48 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times

Advertisements

Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 05:54 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
I disagree.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times
i agree. in fact if i were to have a child i could not raise on my own, i would pick homosexual, probably female parents. this is one of those hot button issues that no one will change anyone's mind about. most people who disagree with homosexuals being parents disagree for religious reasons, even though the segments of the Bible that comment on homosexuality are in the Old Testament. Strictly speaking, Christians follow the New Testament. Of which there is nothing (unless memory fails me) mentioning homosexuality either for or against. But they scream bloody murder about homosexuality even though in the same book (Leviticus) it warns of equally dire consequences if you wear cotton with linen, have sex on your period, etc. Funny how they don't freak out about that.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:00 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
I agree.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:02 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
I think gay couples deserve to enjoy all the misery, and stinky poopies, and dirty diapers as the straight couples enjoy. Love is universal

Jonathan

Old 11-22-2010, 06:02 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I disagree.

Why yankee?

Old 11-22-2010, 06:03 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Child Abuse Rate At Zero Percent In Lesbian Households, New Report Finds

Quote:
Los Angeles, CA -- The Williams Institute, a research center on sexual orientation law and public policy at UCLA School of Law, has announced new findings from the U.S. National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study (NLLFS), the longest-running study ever conducted on American lesbian families (now in its 24th year). In an article published today in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, the 17-year-old daughters and sons of lesbian mothers were asked about sexual abuse, sexual orientation, and sexual behavior.

The paper found that none of the 78 NLLFS adolescents reports having ever been physically or sexually abused by a parent or other caregiver. This contrasts with 26 percent of American adolescents who report parent or caregiver physical abuse and 8.3 percent who report sexual abuse.
Obviously, what it takes to be a good parent has little to do with orientation.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:03 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
i agree. in fact if i were to have a child i could not raise on my own, i would pick homosexual, probably female parents. this is one of those hot button issues that no one will change anyone's mind about. most people who disagree with homosexuals being parents disagree for religious reasons, even though the segments of the Bible that comment on homosexuality are in the Old Testament. Strictly speaking, Christians follow the New Testament. Of which there is nothing (unless memory fails me) mentioning homosexuality either for or against. But they scream bloody murder about homosexuality even though in the same book (Leviticus) it warns of equally dire consequences if you wear cotton with linen, have sex on your period, etc. Funny how they don't freak out about that.
Totally agree. People tend to pick and choose what they believe God wants us to do.
By the way I think Gay parenting is ok. There are many children who grew up in loving homes where there were parents of the same sex and didn't "catch" the "disease".

Old 11-22-2010, 06:04 PM

Andi think they should be allowed to have kids .

Old 11-22-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post

Romans and 1 Corinthians both mention homosexual conduct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies