Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 PM

240 posts, read 443,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
In America, are we supposed to HOPE that people fail? Should i ask a ridiculous question like why do white people support Mark Wahlberg even though he and his pals damn near beat a man to death? Or why Jerry Lee Lewis is considered a legend, even though he married his 13 year old cousin? Why Woody Allen still gets budgets to make movies although he married his own stepdaughter? Why did Tim Allen become the darling of white America despite being a cocaine dealer in his younger years? I could go on, but it's pointless.

Bottom line, not all black people support OJ. And if you think black people are the only ones rooting for Mike Vick, look at the stands in Philadelphia on football Sundays and tell me how many white folks you see.
Whoa can't we all just get along?? I find this thread very interesting where several posters rail against white ppl for thinking that ALL black ppl think alike, yet they have no problem GROUPING all white ppl together?? Very interesting and hypocritical and ironic and uhmm did I say hypocritical already??

Regarding Tim Allen being a cocaine dealer and society embracing him and allowing him to have wild financial success and popularity...I have it on good authority that he was inspired by Marion Barry of Washington DC cocaine fame!!(FYI...Marion Barry a black Democratic mayor of Wash DC who in 1990 was caught on videotape smoking crack cocaine!)

And I know that Chris Rock did a fall on the floor laughing stand up routine about a parent telling a little boy that he would never grow up to be anything in life if he used drugs! And the little boy replied, "I know I could be mayor!"

If you truly want to change the world, then start with the person in the mirror!!

Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
White people just need to realize that it's a sin to ever judge or speak against a black person.
No matter what they do, it's never their fault....

White people are racists.

End of story.
Whoa can't we all just get along?? So white ppl are all racists?? All white ppl?? But "white" posters shouldn't dare GROUP all black ppl together??

Well that is true. But I'm very sure that you need to examine your own flawed thinking!! All white ppl don't think alike....so why use a phrase "white people are racists" or "why do white people....?" You see, it makes you sound guilty of the very thing you claim to despise!! Ironic huh??

Old 11-23-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I say that about poor white folks all the time. Glad we agree. Instead of blaming black folks when they don't get a job (the affirmative action bugaboo) or blaming black folks for the national debt (like white folks NEVER accept welfare). White folks should have a little common sense and not judge a whole race over one's downfall.
"poor white folks"??????? Gosh that sounds like you're grouping ALL white ppl together!! You wouldn't be doing that would you?? Because if you were doing that it would make you sound....well....racist!

"White folks should have a little common sense.." White folks should have A LOT of common sense...I think you need to take a bigger dose of common sense and then rejoin this conversation

Old 11-23-2010, 09:38 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Regardless of race, Vick and his psychotic partners in suffering, who no doubt represent the rainbow since whites, asians, etc participate in animal cruelty, are lost souls. Unless these people have found their way to compassion, I'm not sure what exactly folk are supporting.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 Camaro View Post
Whoa can't we all just get along?? I find this thread very interesting where several posters rail against white ppl for thinking that ALL black ppl think alike, yet they have no problem GROUPING all white ppl together?? Very interesting and hypocritical and ironic and uhmm did I say hypocritical already??

Regarding Tim Allen being a cocaine dealer and society embracing him and allowing him to have wild financial success and popularity...I have it on good authority that he was inspired by Marion Barry of Washington DC cocaine fame!!(FYI...Marion Barry a black Democratic mayor of Wash DC who in 1990 was caught on videotape smoking crack cocaine!)

And I know that Chris Rock did a fall on the floor laughing stand up routine about a parent telling a little boy that he would never grow up to be anything in life if he used drugs! And the little boy replied, "I know I could be mayor!"

If you truly want to change the world, then start with the person in the mirror!!
I didn't group all white people together. I'm simply making a point that black people aren't the only people who support the fallen in their own race. And i'm absolutely right when i say that.

Tim Allen inspired by Marion Barry? LOL...Tim Allen was busted back in 1978, but hey, what's 12 years, right?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:48 PM

As a human being and a dog lover, I think what Vick did and promoted was despicable.
As an NFL fan I think Vick is an exciting player to watch. It isn't because he is black. It's because of his unique skills as a football player. He just happens to be black. I also liked watching Joe Montana for the same reasons. He just happened to be white! Ultimately who cares?

There are plenty of ppl on this globe and in these forums who base their support of people and things SOLEY on race. Simply put, that is just a short-sighted and narrow view in which to approach life.

There are plenty of people of ALL races who voted for Obama simply based on his skin color. I have met plenty of white voters on the internet prior to Obama's election who proudly posted that they were voting for Obama simply because he was black and it was going to be a historic election and "bring healing" to our country! Those are nice sentiments but skin color is one of the worst ways to pick a candidate!

Conversely there are plenty of people of all races, including black people, who live their lives in a conservative manner and don't vote based on race!

Old 11-23-2010, 09:50 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I can't wait to return to the thug forums in Chicago and Philly, off of City Data and I hope I can bring this thread with me. The "thugs" will be laughing in da hood. Holla yo. White people crack me up.
Actually, I don't understand white people's obsession with black people either. I don't understand why black people don't want to take a good hard look at their community and see that it's broken.

As for Vick, obviously you have not read the article or other reports about the scandal. You only read what you want to read. By the way, moral support.

Here are some links: Michael Vick: Criminal or Victim - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com
African American Community Divided Over Vick Plea Deal - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

What I don't understand is why a good chunk of black people are supporting him when clearly he did something very cruel. All answers point to his skin color.

By the way, I'm yellow. Swish, one point. Good riddance on your thug ass!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I didn't group all white people together. I'm simply making a point that black people aren't the only people who support the fallen in their own race. And i'm absolutely right when i say that.

Tim Allen inspired by Marion Barry? LOL...Tim Allen was busted back in 1978, but hey, what's 12 years, right?
When you use phrases like "why do white people support...." it makes you SOUND like you are GOUPING all white ppl together! Maybe you don't realize how inconsistent you sound, so I'll keep pointing it out for you! I expect you will continue to give me ample opportunities to do that and so far, you haven't dissapointed!

The Tim Allen comment was meant to be a joke but I'm flattered that you apparently take everything I say as serious comment!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Actually, I don't understand white people's obsession with black people either. I don't understand why black people don't want to take a good hard look at their community and see that it's broken.

As for Vick, obviously you have not read the article or other reports about the scandal. You only read what you want to read. By the way, moral support.

Here are some links: Michael Vick: Criminal or Victim - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com
African American Community Divided Over Vick Plea Deal - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

What I don't understand is why a good chunk of black people are supporting him when clearly he did something very cruel. All answers point to his skin color.

Hitler had how many followers? Thought so.

Yellow? I'm sorry you have hepatitis. Swish, two points not one, unless its a free throw. You'll get it.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post

Yea, you're yellow alright.

What do you mean by "supporting him?" That we don't want the guy to fail? That we don't want him to go back to jail? Guilty on both counts. And yea, the fact that he's black certainly factors in. I want my brothers to do well.

Outside of that, black folks don't owe you an explanation for squat. You surely won't get one from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies