Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 12:52 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,376,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What communist pamphets and marxist books did Obama read? I don't recall HIM being asked the same question.
Off topic. Katie C's question is a very common interview question. McCain's handlers could have given Sarah some help on answering it if she had let them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 12:54 PM

46,851 posts, read 25,796,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
So, she'll have abandoned her commitment to her party to keep her personal party in motion. Just what the country needs.
Such an inconvenience to have to deal with the actual electorate. Why couldn't those pesky Alaskans just go with what Mama grizzly told them?

Old 11-24-2010, 12:58 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,298,797 times
As I recall Katie C's main questions were what books or newspapers does she read, which founding father do you like best and why, and a question about the constitution. None of those are difficult or partisan questions especially since Palin kept talking about the constitution and the founding fathers so much so learning if you actually knew anything seems like a reasonable thing. Of course Palin didn't know a damn thing about the last two and couldn't name a single book or newspaper that she regularly read which goes to show just little she actually knows about anything.

Edit: Oh, and there was a question about Korea as well which was prompted by Palin's demagoguery about North Korea; it was extremely telling that Palin couldn't even say who fought in the Korean war or why there were two Koreas. The woman is just a dunce so don't blame the reporter for Palin's poor performance because the questions were as soft ball as they come.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What communist pamphets and marxist books did Obama read? I don't recall HIM being asked the same question.
Well, your side of the debate were busy going ballistic over flag pins, remember?

Old 11-24-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I think it would have been much wiser for her to say she would like to hold a beer summit to discuss the issue. Oh wait, Obama did that after he was ELECTED!

He was thinking so quickly he forgot to get the details first. And YIKES he IS negotiating on our nations behalf!!!
So - you got nothing, except "b-but Obama!"?

Old 11-24-2010, 01:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,878,868 times
I am not a fan of Katie Couric, never have been. That said, as an Independent I was interested in hearing Palin speak since I had little exposure to her politics before the election. I was amazed that she either could not answer some questions and would not answer others. I know as well as anyone that enterviews can go badly and figured I would hold judgement until the debates. The debate was just more of the same except longer and at that point I kn ew she was not someone I wanted a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. Palin has continued to prove my assesment of her skills since the election by quitting her job as Gov and her many comments that proved to be nothing more than rhetoric with little fact to support them. This Independent would never consider her a viable choice for any high office especially the Whitehouse and I am confident that the vast majority of Independent voters have the same opinion of her and would also add that many conservatives also share that opinion of Palin. So what if she refuses to grant another interview, the first spoke volumes and the damage is done. So, if the darling of the far right wants to run in 2012 she is welcome to try, I doubt the GOP will nominate her so as an Independent candidate she would do more harm to GOP chances than to the Demos. Listen to her speeches, buy her books, and listen to her on rightwing talk shows all you want but if you are seriously considering her as a candidate for President of the United States of America you are in for a major disappointment.
Casper

Old 11-24-2010, 01:55 PM

58,679 posts, read 26,957,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am not a fan of Katie Couric, never have been. That said, as an Independent I was interested in hearing Palin speak since I had little exposure to her politics before the election. I was amazed that she either could not answer some questions and would not answer others. I know as well as anyone that enterviews can go badly and figured I would hold judgement until the debates. The debate was just more of the same except longer and at that point I kn ew she was not someone I wanted a heartbeat away from the Oval Office. Palin has continued to prove my assesment of her skills since the election by quitting her job as Gov and her many comments that proved to be nothing more than rhetoric with little fact to support them. This Independent would never consider her a viable choice for any high office especially the Whitehouse and I am confident that the vast majority of Independent voters have the same opinion of her and would also add that many conservatives also share that opinion of Palin. So what if she refuses to grant another interview, the first spoke volumes and the damage is done. So, if the darling of the far right wants to run in 2012 she is welcome to try, I doubt the GOP will nominate her so as an Independent candidate she would do more harm to GOP chances than to the Demos. Listen to her speeches, buy her books, and listen to her on rightwing talk shows all you want but if you are seriously considering her as a candidate for President of the United States of America you are in for a major disappointment.
Casper
But what we don't know is how Palin followed up on the questions because they were edited and the entire interviews have not been made available. I wonder why!

Old 11-24-2010, 02:12 PM

9,877 posts, read 10,788,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I reckon anybody that would like it to be seen.... wouldn't do an interview with Kitty Couric.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:29 PM

956 posts, read 1,111,551 times
Sarah Palin is to politics what Mariah Carey is to politics...

Old 11-24-2010, 04:04 PM

26,537 posts, read 36,445,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

I haven't been on the Alaska site much to see their view point, but maybe, someone will see this post and explain why their state should get the subsides, and the rest of the States don't.
California's going bankrupt, the last I heard, Alaska doen't have this problem.
Huge military presence, for one, in Alaska. Lots of federal research stations/projects. A large part of the land is owned by the federal government as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies