Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Obama Family Go Through the New TSA Security?
YES--He thinks the TSA Policies are fine, why not? 51 79.69%
NO....because....(explain in post) 13 20.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 05:15 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times

Advertisements

I don't know enough about the TSA pat down to really make an informed post, do men pat down women? Or do men just pat down other men? Either way, it just seems really un-Amercian to be subject to a search this invasive without just cause. Isn't there some sort of document, like the constiution, or bill of rights that gives us freedom, and protection from unlawful search? I don't know...it is more like a police state than ever....fly on a plane, give up your rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 05:34 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Also, don't notice that thousands cross the border from Tijuana Mexico into the US without passing through a scanner or a pat-down. Pay no attention that the door to terrorists is wide open there.
Kinda like don't notice those thousands passing through the TJ border have zero, nada, nil, zilch potential to bring down an airliner carrying several hundred people?

Old 11-25-2010, 05:46 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,591,266 times
I believe ALL human beings should be subject to the same laws and regulations. There should be no exception unless possibly medical. I don't care if it is the Queen, or the President of the US, both should be frisked and go through the same thing we have to go through.

My Father was a Diplomat and I abhor Diplomatic Immunity for example.

Nobody should be above another. We should all be equal before the law, no matter how rich and influential. Period.

All this does is perpetrate a "them and us" mentality. It is harmful to society IMO. Perhaps if the high and mighty had to go through what the populace has they might be a little more thinking when coming up with legislation and behave a little more like normal human beings and would not think themselves "gods".

If all rich people ( that includes my parents by the way in case I am attacked and told I suffer from wealth envy ) had to put their kids in non private schools and be looked after in less than luxurious medical facilities perhaps our system would be a little more equitable and standards of education and medical healthcare access would improve.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:51 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,113,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonny View Post
Whatever our President wants is fine with me.
Your ignorance concerns and freightens me.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:14 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,242,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Those who have been soiling their pants in hysteria and paranoia are now against the security being implemented to prevent those 'crazy arab muslim terrorists'!
Make all those right wing talk show hosts (that cultivated the paranoia about muslim terrorists) go thru the TSA security checks.
To boot, something started under the bush/dickc regime is now Obama's fault. Go figure.

It's an amazing experiment to watch the rightwingnut brain in action. They were gung-ho when bush enacted the 'Patriot Act'. They were gung-ho when Homeland Security was created. They were gung-ho and behind the president when the TSA security measures were created.

It would be great to be able to carry on my shampoo and conditioner; make-up, and hair mousse. Then I remember some freak in Europe tried to bring on a bomb in some kind of liquid.

Taking my shoes off seems silly. Then I remember the 'shoe bomber'. Never in my life would I have guessed someone would use a shoe to hide a bomb.

I don't know how these people figure out how to make this stuff, but they do. It doesn't scare me, however; I do realize that if nothing was done to deter those who want to kill innocent people the same people blaming Obama would be blaming him for not doing anything.

We've had the body scans here for a while, and it's not that big of a deal. I don't like the idea of the body scans, but I didn't like being pulled to the side for a pat down, either. I will say every time I was pat down they called over someone of the same gender. Before the body scans there they said we were randomly selected for pat downs. On one trip I was randomly selected both going to and coming back on that trip. Bush was in office; maybe it was his fault. [sarcasm for those can't figure it out]

I do think that ANY TSA security that shows the lack of respect that was shown to the man with the urostomy bag should be thoroughly investigated and if need be, fired. Some are respectful, some not so much. A young TSA lady in ABQ who had to pat me down since I was randomly selected joked and laughed with me while the one in Tulsa was stern and just 'doing her job.'

I don't expect my President and his children to be pat down or sent through the body scanners, be it Obama or bushbot.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:23 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,242,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I believe ALL human beings should be subject to the same laws and regulations. There should be no exception unless possibly medical. I don't care if it is the Queen, or the President of the US, both should be frisked and go through the same thing we have to go through.

My Father was a Diplomat and I abhor Diplomatic Immunity for example.

Nobody should be above another. We should all be equal before the law, no matter how rich and influential. Period.

All this does is perpetrate a "them and us" mentality. It is harmful to society IMO. Perhaps if the high and mighty had to go through what the populace has they might be a little more thinking when coming up with legislation and behave a little more like normal human beings and would not think themselves "gods".

If all rich people ( that includes my parents by the way in case I am attacked and told I suffer from wealth envy ) had to put their kids in non private schools and be looked after in less than luxurious medical facilities perhaps our system would be a little more equitable and standards of education and medical healthcare access would improve.
I like your attitude and agree with the basic tenet of your statement. The deal with President Obama and his family is they aren't flying commericial while he's in office.

When Senator Ted Kennedy was alive he ended up on a watch list and was pulled aside several times.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:25 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,661,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
How long before some perverted man dresses up like a woman and poses as a TSA agent so he can pat down women............ .....So
Don't have to wait for a transgender!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd be shocked if Rush and Huckabee request and submit to pat downs before boarding any private flight they board, that would mean they actually walk the walk, not bloody likely from those two mopes
Hannity has been through a pat-down, with apologies because he recognized Sean but said he has to do his job.

I still think Obama should go through a pat-down and/or be scanned just to show it's "no big deal".

Old 11-25-2010, 06:44 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Hannity has been through a pat-down, with apologies because he recognized Sean but said he has to do his job.

I still think Obama should go through a pat-down and/or be scanned just to show it's "no big deal".
Since Rush is suggesting it let's see that blowhard put his fat arse where his big mouth is first, or would that be too much like actually walking the walk he talks?

Old 11-25-2010, 07:46 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,940,657 times
Of course not. He is the President, as much as I dislike his policies. I feel relatively comfortable that neither he, his wife, or daughters are carrying any bombs on Air Force One.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:49 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,830,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
OH that's your point of the thread....duh...
Why do you think politicians should not have to live the same as you do? Why do you think politicians should be exempt from things you arent?

( I wont get an answer but hey I asked)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies