Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:39 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
People who claim that 9/11 was an inside job and was a controlled demolition are just as insane as people who still believe that Obama was born in Kenya.
People who believe EVERYTHING the government says are weak-minded with a slave-mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanskills View Post
Conspiracy people are funny..

9/11, the moon landing, area 51, bigfoot, blah blah blah.

Come on people....got to grow up sometime.
Conspiracy theorist are more like people who just want to actually find the truth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 08:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Quote:
Not at all.

Now you're kidding, right?

I get it. You weren't kidding before, but you are now!

Hey, great one!

I get it! I get it!

Old 11-24-2010, 08:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Coal mighta done it, but not kerosene.
Is jet fuel just the same thing as kerosene? I didn't know that.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Agreed if you don't know what the temperature of the Windsor Tower fire you can't compare it to the World Trade Center where it's estimated temperature reached an estimated 2000 degrees.

Windsor Tower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You also need to have the technical expertise to understand the structural differences between the two buildings. The Twin Tower were over 100 stories tall an the Windsor Tower was 32 stories tall. The stresses on the support structure of the Twin Towers were much higher than on a 32 story building. Meaning the result of a structural compromise were much more severe.

The OP put 1 and 1 together and came up with 3.

I am not allowed to rep you for this post but hope this is good enough. BTW, isn't 1 and 1 three?

Old 11-24-2010, 09:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Thank you because I think a lot of these conspiracy theroists have no clue as to the construction of the WTC (tube frame structure) unlike most the way most highrises are built which is a steel or concrete cage type construction.
Exactly, and it's why the windows were so small and skinny as opposed to large open ones you see on many buildings. Here's layout. The yellow is all open floor space.

The floors or yellow part tied the outside skin to the internal structure, this would prevent them from buckling. The outside skin also provided support for them. Remove one element either the floor or the outside wall and you have a compromised structure, remove both you have disaster.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is jet fuel just the same thing as kerosene? I didn't know that.

"Auto diesel fuel is ordinary kerosene to which a dye has been added to show that the road tax has been paid. Jet fuel is ordinary kerosene to which an anti-bacterial agent has been added and sometimes an anti-icing fluid. The anti-bacterial agent prevents the growth of hydrocarbon eating bugs at the interface between kerosene and water. The anti-icing fluid is added on a seasonal basis and is sometimes added at the pump."

"There is no difference in either product as a diesel fuel."

auto diesel versus kerosene versus jet fuel

Old 11-24-2010, 09:13 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
When did you get your engineering degree?
I didn't say this. I read it. And yes, I believe the person who wrote it was an engineer or a physicist, I'm not sure which.

So you are saying that just because the floors "pancaked" that they somehow became significantly heavier? How does that work?

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I didn't say this. I read it. And yes, I believe the person who wrote it was an engineer or a physicist, I'm not sure which.

So you are saying that just because the floors "pancaked" that they somehow became significantly heavier? How does that work?

20yrsinBranson

Careful. Common sense questions may subject you to harassment and ridicule.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
One group claims, and one group believes.

Hmmmm!
Which of the two would be most likely to be working WITH evidence; and which would most likely to be working WITHOUT evidence?

It is difficult (impossible) to prove a positive from a negative, which is why "adverse inference" applies as a substantial legitimacy. The entire judicial system relies on this tool.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:27 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,849,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

20yrsinBranson
They didn't get heavier, they gained momentum and inertia took over. If you take 2 items of the same exact weight, you put one on the ground then you drop one from 10' down to the ground do they apply the same force to the ground?

To me it's pretty clear if you look at the second building collapse that it buckled at the point of impact and the weight of the structure above above that point came crashing down destroying the floors below.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies