Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:14 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Of course Palin is more educated than Obama. She spent 8 years in college pursuing a 4 year degree in journalism. Take that, Obama!

She is certainly a Star. Can she get any worse and still think that highly of herself? Milking the fact that she did not abort that down syndrome baby of hers can't last forever. Tons of people have kept their babies. BIG DEAL.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-25-2010 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: implied language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 09:15 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I alwasy rememeber that mnay thoguht that truman was no corn pone ignorant farmer but history has judged him much different. At the same time JFK was thought of as genius but the picture is much different today on just what he was.Its funny that so many actually think he wrote those speeches and that abilty to speak well really means much. Really its lke listening to a good saleman only. Results count; the rest walks as history has shown.
You've got a point there. The ability to spell correctly is overrated.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:17 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,015 times
I have no idea what you guys are so upset about.

She's simply demonstrating to her potential voters that she's just as sharp as GWB - it's the same demographic, isn't it?. For GWB voters, her statements only sound comfortingly familiar!

Surely you cannot fault the woman for using some strategery, can you?

Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,864 times
This woman could endanger all Americans. Please keep her away from the media.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,424,445 times
She really should stick to the teleprompter.
Look at the illusion of intelligence it has helped sustain for Obama.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:03 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,673,531 times
It seems that most people get nervous in front of TV cameras, and some politicians are no different from the average person in this regard. But, when a politician speaks at length on a particular issue that they should be well versed on and then cannot demonstrate an in depth understanding of said issue I think we should render that politician to the most severe censure possible. On that note Sarah Palin has demonstrated her profound lacking and should gracefully bow out of the national political scene. Whether a candidate is from the Democratic party or Republican party I expect at a minimum that they can discuss the most complex issues of the day with confidence, I didn't vote for John McCain but I did admire his grasp of the more complex issues regarding our foreign policy, and his experience in DC put him far ahead of Mrs Palin who did him a great disservice by not bowing out. Let's not make this next election about bloopers, we will need to stay focused to be fair, I've been fair in my assessment of the Republican's choice of candidates and it wasn't her occasional slip ups that made me shun Sarah Palin.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:06 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,778 times
I've seen some boneheaded comments but this one takes the cake. Looks like the true agenda of the tea party/far right is to keep being buddy-buddy with communist china and n. korea. Truly disgusting.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:09 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Sarah Palin will never be president. I just don't understand the conversation
about it anymore.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:24 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
"Many observers have argued that Palin could never win because of her embarrassing lack of expertise, knowledge, or interest in foreign policy. Her appearance on Fox News host Glenn Beck’s radio show today, captured by Oliver Willis, suggests they may be right..."

ThinkProgress » Palin: ‘Obviously, We’ve Got To Stand With Our North Korean Allies’

That's not always a great slip up to make while trying to prove you are the right stuff

We should see if she can spell potato....

Maybe we should see if BO has learned to spell "advice".

Old 11-24-2010, 10:26 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Sarah Palin will never be president. I just don't understand the conversation
about it anymore.
Of course she won't, but it's about steering the conversation away from Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies