Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 07:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

chielgirl, yeah I sent things to a PERSON, as 2 office chair boxes stuffed with items for everyone and a few things for my friend in the air force to HIM, and he was able to give out stuff and replied to me that the others said it was like Christmass. Now i didn't send a lot of nice stuff, I sent shampoo, waterless cleaners, paper and colored pencils, M&M's and peanut M&M's. My friend liked to draw so i sent him a sketch book water colors his own colored pencils and fill 2 pretty big boxes.

He gave out what there was to anyone and some if it was for black females since they have a different kind of hair, and or use different kinds of skin oils. Some items were sort of loosely gender specific as my effort to round out things for people i would never meet.

I knew one guy face to face in the Air Force, and based items on his say so, not my guess as much as possible.

I was offered a flag that was flown in a fighter, but didn't accept since I wasn't into pay back for doing what I could as I could.

Over all it wasn't much money a couple hundred bucks. So far as I know you can't just send stuff to anonymous, as there is too much risk, something i should think you would know.
Debunked, you come tell Dennis next door he was never spit at. I warn you he has MS from agent orange and is pretty grummpy.

The day is nearing is my opinion, my opinon can't be backed up by some links, sorry that never happens so far. Maybe when I git ta' be King.

IMO the day is nearing a battle or a war will be fought on USA soils. It is a simple matter of time.

It has already happened, even if you don't count the Rev war, 1812 must still matter and the white house was burned that time. Then in WW-1 the Germans almost were able to bomb NYC, and again in WW-2, andin WW-2 while not on land ships off the east coast were sunk by U boats, and the Japanese had these odd little incinderary bombs on balloons, that failed, but you can't say they didn't try. Then there was that squabble over Alaska, and not 1 Japanese soldier survived that one.

One day we are going to have a fight on the lower 48, and it is coming whether or not you can see it yourself.

My son: Yeah he likes camping and hunting, and can do both now. he knows mans silly laws and man's silly ways, and that he has ancestors on both sides of many battles since 1746.

He is adult and does what he thinks is right, as you do. I missed some text.

He has college behind him so he can't get that. Rather than lounge about and beg off welfare with the no work GWB and Obama created he went to work another way.

Why did you volunteer if this is so bad and abusive ? You were not drafted were you? (I really am interested in this answer.)

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 11-25-2010 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 07:43 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
To all you anti millitary idiots. I hope when you really need them they don't show up.fend for yourselves idiots. get on your keyboard and beg for help, then die. this aint a fake world we are living in it is real.
That's funny, as there's never a shortage of fake reasons for going to war.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:43 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Maybe they should consider a career involving the protection of our borders.
obama will not protect our borders ever, feeling up Americans is much more to his liking.put the TSA on the Mexican border? HAHAHAHAHA. he is not out to control them you fool, he needs to control us meaning you,get a clue

Old 11-25-2010, 07:44 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
chielgirl, yeah I sent things to a PERSON, as 2 office chair boxes stuffed with items for everyone and a few things for my friend in the air force to HIM, and he was able to give out stuff and replied to me that the others said it was like Christmass. Now i didn't send a lot of nice stuff, I sent shampoo, waterless cleaners, paper and colored pencils, M&M's and peanut M&M's. My friend liked to draw so i sent him a sketch book water colors his own colored pencils and fill 2 pretty big boxes.So do thousands of other people.

He gave out what there was to anyone and some if it was for black females since they have a different kind of hair, and or use different kinds of skin oils. Some items were sort of loosely gender specific as my effort to round out things for people i would never meet.

I knew one guy face to face in th Air Force, and based items on his say so, not my guess as much as possible.

I was offered a flag that was flown in a fighter, but didn't accept since I wasn't into pay back for doing what I could as I could.

Over all it wasn't much money a couple hundred bucks.You're the only one who does this, too.

Debunked, you come tell Dennis next door he was never spit at. I warn you he has MS from agent orange and is pretty grummpy.
Yeah, I'll tell you that Dennis is probably lying about the spitting. The MS, no, agent orange is/was poison.

The day is nearing is my opinion, my opinon can't be backed up by some links, sorry that never happens so far. Maybe when I git ta' be King. Just google. Anecdote does not equal data.

IMO the day is nearing a battle or a war will be fought on USA soils. It is a simple matter of time. Opinion, simple opinion.

It has already happened, even if you don't count the Rev war, 1812 must still matter and the white house was burned that time. Then in WW-1 the Germans almost were able to bomb NYC, and again in WW-2, andin WW-2 while not on land ships off the east coast were sunk by U boats, and the Japanese had these odd little incinderary bombs on balloons, that failed, but you can't say they didn't try. Then there was that squabble over Alaska, and not 1 Japanese soldier survived that one.Shall we look at ancient history, we stole the country from the native amerians and pruposely and systematically killed them.

One day we are going to have a fight on the lower 48, and it is coming whether or not you can see it yourself.Probably from the crazy religious militias.

My son: Yeah he likes camping and hunting, and can do both now. he knows mans silly laws and man's silly ways, and that he has ancestors on both sides of many battles since 1746.Big deal. Talk about glorifying war.

He is adult and does what he thinks is right, as you do. I missed some text.

He has college behind him so he can't get that. Rather than lounge about and beg off welfare with the no work GWB and Obama created he went to work another way.BS, he can still get a second or masters/phd. So he did it for employment, for the money.

Why did you volunteer if this is so bad and abusive ? You were not drafted were you?
In the 70s, I joined for my personal reasons, just like every other active duty or vet.
We're not special.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:44 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
ergohead. it's one thing to toss insults my way, but I am not sure about the others. I won't do anything till it's in my face. We both know that will never happen.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:45 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Creating even more bad will against the US for an unfounded, unnecesary war in the middle east.
How's that?
He joined for his own reasons; not altruism.
Who does anything out of pure altruism? Even Mother Teresa had her reasons.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:46 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
IMO the day is nearing a battle or a war will be fought on USA soils. It is a simple matter of time.
Good, maybe that'll be enough to shake Americans out of their Rambo and video game illusions; two wars on the home front served a similar purpose in Europe.

Quote:
It has already happened, even if you don't count the Rev war, 1812 must still matter and the white house was burned that time. Then in WW-1 the Germans almost were able to bomb NYC, and again in WW-2, andin WW-2 while not on land ships off the east coast were sunk by U boats, and the Japanese had these odd little incinderary bombs on balloons, that failed, but you can't say they didn't try. Then there was that squabble over Alaska, and not 1 Japanese soldier survived that one.
You neglect to mention that we never had to be in any of those wars; we chose every one of them. (I think the Revolution was justified, none of the others.)

Old 11-25-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That's funny, as there's never a shortage of fake reasons for going to war.
I agree.
How is war protecting me? Perhaps it's protecting corporate interests, but what's it doing for the regular person? My freedoms, by killing hundreds of thousands of middle easterners? How's that keeping me free?

In reality, it's it's making me and the rest of the world less safe.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Who does anything out of pure altruism? Even Mother Teresa had her reasons.
No joke. It's all what's in it for me...
Soldiers/military are the same.

Mother Teresa was no saint. She did some pretty evil stuff.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
This right here when in other topics like validity of war, is where I understand the OP's basis for asking the question. While vets and military folk deserve to be remembered and have the promises that were given to them kept, the term " thanks for your service" in some sense has become a patriotic correctness tool to attempt to silence debate and or protest over America entering wars and troop usage. Past debates I have seen some in defending going to Iraq or other places say something like " protesting Iraq endangers the troops mission and ability to win and that makes you anti American and one who doesn't support the troops".

I believe in honoring the military, but I do not believe in putting them on a pedestal and using the military as a reference to defining ones loyalty and patriotism.

I object to the notion that the military is the only reason America is "free", that the military is the sole guardian of America's liberty. Civilians have a large hand and responsibilty in it also and that sometimes means challenging the reason for war and military usage. A civilian is as much a citizen as a military person and the civilians are rightfully the ultimate boss of the military unlike in this video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_urWSSZgwU
Extremely well stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies