Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:40 PM

89,014 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberal credo: create racism and societal problems where there aren't any.
Good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 04:51 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Isn't it racist to only suggest that blacks have their criminal records expunged?
Yes, indeed it is. This is one of the most ridiculous ideas I've heard. Here's an idea: don't want a record? Don't commit crime. But personal responsibility isn't popular these days.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:08 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberal credo: create racial and societal problems where before there weren't any.

If I were a sociopath killer I'd like Europe too.
I bet we have fewer sociopaths running around than the US, a lot fewer

Old 11-26-2010, 05:24 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I bet we have fewer sociopaths running around than the US, a lot fewer
Are you kidding? The United States is a sociopath's wet dream. With all the illicit money to be made I'll bet they come here in droves. Remember, according to some studies (Dr. Robert Hare for instance) a sociopath is just as likely to wear a suit and tie as prison garb. Politician's, stockbrokers, lawyers -to name a few professions where they are likely to turn up.

Last edited by Zekester; 11-26-2010 at 05:40 PM..

Old 11-26-2010, 05:27 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
I am not sure that logic is correct, even though it might seem obvious at first glance. But think of the ultimate consequence, the death penalty. One might think it would keep people from committing violent crimes, but in reality it doesn't.
Logic would indicate that it would have a huge impact on the number of repeat offenders.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:38 PM

243 posts, read 274,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
It's NOT an even playing field. It is the dead opposite of an even playing field right now. What you see as "uneven" is what white people get normally. Blacks aren't arrested 13 times more than whites because they're more predisposed to criminal behavior than whites, its because they're black. Calling it an "even playing field" is about as disrespectful as it gets. Princeton did a study where it was found that white ex-convict high school graduates are as likely to be hired as black high school graduates with no record. The vast majority of what blacks are arrested for is drug charges... they make up 70% of drug arrests. more than half of all federal inmates are in on drug charges. Are you really going to tell me that in the numbers game there's less white people who do drugs than blacks? Whites just don't get arrested for it 1/13 of the time that they should be. Police aren't frisking young white people in white neighborhoods... go to any high school in the country and there will be about the same percentage of kids using drugs. Why is there a SMALLER NUMBER of white people in jail then when they make up 80% of the country? Even playing field my ***.
They're planty of white people on drugs, meth has tore my home apart, the difference is while some do get hurt, how often? Take two poor, drug addicted neighborhoods one white, one black, each has the same amount of guns which one IS the most dangerous? I wouldn't want to live in either but I know which one I'd rather have a car break down in.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:42 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Summit endorses expunging blacks' criminal records

Hm. I can see expunging some things like marijuana possession, but this goes way beyond. Social engineering at work again.
I agree, it goes way beyond in several ways. One, if you do the crime, you do the time and part of that "time" includes having a criminal record. Two, why would it just be black people?

For everyone, I can see letting someone off the hook the first time, but if you're a repeat offender, why should we continue to not punish you?

Old 11-26-2010, 06:18 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
We can't save everyone. And we shouldn't.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:47 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
So, we need to REALLY seriously consider this plan.

Are we gonna release convicts on

A. Severity of the crimes?

B. Frequency of the crimes?

C. B on B crimes?

D. B on W crimes?

E. W on B crimes?

F. Drug crimes?

G. Gun crimes?

H. Non gun crimes?

I. Crimes against women?

J. Crimes against races?

K. Crimes against nobody?

Aw hell, let them all go. It'd be cheaper anyway, right?

Let the law abiding public defend themselves. Cops got enough to do enforcing uh, well..... nuff said.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:41 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Call me naive, but I believe that every human can be a good member of society. I don't share that one-way human idea where we simply dispose of humans as if they were trash. We, society, have made them they way they are in the first place.
That is why I like Europe, we try to prevent violent crimes before they take place. And the few killers there are we can afford to lock away.

There you have it. It's NEVER their fault. It's our fault. Society did it to them. Maybe they just needed a hug......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies