Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 11:52 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
1. We are still apes.

2. Because there are several different ways for a species to make a living. The forest ape niche is still a perfectly respectable way of doing so. We evolved for a savannah ape niche. So we are different from them.

2. The ancestors did die off. You will note that the common ancestors of humans and other apes are no longer around.
Nevermind the fact that we've never found a fossil of one of these ancestors.

Quote:
You... invariably it is you.

Sometimes you remind me of a goldfish swimming in a fish bowl. They have no memory. The little plastic castle is a surprise every time.

We have had this discussion.

Time, like the universe, is not a reified "thing." It does not exist in and of itself. It is a conceptual entity, defined by the relationship between actual things that actually exist.
You're kind of jumping all over the place, dude. It's hard to keep up, to be honest.

You say the universe is eternal (2nd law of thermodynics?)....then say that time didn't exist because the universe didn't exist......

Pick an argument and stick with it, please.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:53 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Getting back to the OP.
Shouldn't it be reasonable that the christian beliefs should be respected as much as christians respect other beliefs?
Oddly, enough that is exactly what is happening.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:53 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
1. We are still apes.

2. Because there are several different ways for a species to make a living. The forest ape niche is still a perfectly respectable way of doing so. We evolved for a savannah ape niche. So we are different from them.

2. The ancestors did die off. You will note that the common ancestors of humans and other apes are no longer around.
You must be made of sterner stuff than the rest of us, to maintain such patience with Creationists.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Wrong again ranger. We have thousands of fossils documenting human/ape evolution in detail.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:54 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:

Old 12-02-2010, 11:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:

You're kind of jumping all over the place, dude. It's hard to keep up, to be honest.

You say the universe is eternal (2nd law of thermodynics?)....then say that time didn't exist because the universe didn't exist......

I'm sticking with it...don't run away

That's why I put forth the question, "why does god work in mysterious way" because that's what believers use as an excuse for not answering questions like yours.
I've asked a couple of times and these all-knowing believers just ignore it because thay HAVE NO ANSWER.

Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
IF there is a god then why the mystery? What is it afraid of? Why does it hide?

Why does it "work in mysterious ways"?

Why doesn't it just show up, state what it wants clearly without the erroneous interpretation by humans ..and get on with it....

Old 12-02-2010, 12:02 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'm sticking with it...don't run away

That's why I put forth the question, "why does god work in mysterious way" because that's what believers use as an excuse for not answering questions like yours.
I've asked a couple of times and these all-knowing believers just ignore it because thay HAVE NO ANSWER.

Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
IF there is a god then why the mystery? What is it afraid of? Why does it hide?

Why does it "work in mysterious ways"?

Why doesn't it just show up, state what it wants clearly without the erroneous interpretation by humans ..and get on with it....
Honestly, dude...it's like trying to herd cats keeping up with you. You're all over the place.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:

Responding to the edit:

Not at all. My position here is perfectly consistent, unlike your Cosmological Argument which, in order to reach your desired conclusion, must directly contradict itself.

I will otherwise ignore the ironic truth that you are the one who made the initial leaps in argument from Thermodynamics to time, and that I was merely responding to them. I will also ignore the straw man you inserted there where you make the fake claim I ever said "the universe didn't exist."

Old 12-02-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Honestly, dude...it's like trying to herd cats keeping up with you. You're all over the place.
Your inability to keep up is not an indictment on the cats.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:05 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,727,465 times
Atheists have the right to put up the billboard. First Amendment guarantees it.

Christians put up billboards all over the place. They also have this right.

The end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies