Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Honestly, dude...it's like trying to herd cats keeping up with you. You're all over the place.
What do you mean "all over the place"? No, I have a set of questions no believer can answer....but your "all over the place" EXCUSE is sure a nice change from the cowardly non-answer, "he works in mysterious ways"

Old 12-02-2010, 12:10 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,078,020 times
Quote:
Honestly, dude...it's like trying to herd cats keeping up with you. You're all over the place.
It's a pretty simple question.

If God is omniscient and truly loves that which he created in his own image, then why isn't he more direct with that message? If he wants all of mankind as his flock, to live and treat each other according to his values and standards, then why not just come down and tell us? I mean, he created the UNIVERSE, so visiting the earth from time to time and having a little chat with 7 billion people shouldn't be that hard. Why doesn't he come down and personally preach or hold a weekly seminar or something? Why take such a cryptic approach?

Old 12-02-2010, 12:13 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,051,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

If God is omniscient and truly loves that which he created in his own image, then why isn't he more direct with that message? If he wants all of mankind as his flock, to live and treat each other according to his values and standards, then why not just come down and tell us? I mean, he created the UNIVERSE, so visiting the earth from time to time and having a little chat with 7 billion people shouldn't be that hard. Why doesn't he come down and personally preach or hold a weekly seminar or something? Why take such a cryptic approach?
I for one have never presumed to place any sort of expectation on a God. But very high on that list for a competent one would be the ability to deliver a single volume of unambiguous prose.

No such luck, though...

Old 12-02-2010, 12:27 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,606,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Your inability to keep up is not an indictment on the cats.
I never intended it to be.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:

He created the universe with all sorts of things to point to him....and if that isn't enough, he personally spoke to people...that wasn't enough so he actually became one of us....and we have a collection of 66 books that detail the account of all of this.

You were saying?

Old 12-02-2010, 12:32 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,078,020 times
Quote:
He created the universe with all sorts of things to point to him....and if that isn't enough, he personally spoke to people...that wasn't enough so he actually became one of us....and we have a collection of 66 books that detail the account of all of this.

You were saying?
Why doesn't he come personally speak to me? Maybe he could create some exotic new animal species for me to prove he really is God.

When's the last time he actually came to Earth and talked to someone? 10 minutes ago, Yesterday, 20 years ago, 2000 years ago?

Old 12-02-2010, 12:38 PM

18,349 posts, read 18,966,033 times
Quote:

You were saying?
and after all that he goes mute? guess he doesn't think mankind needs a refresher course, nor to perhaps change his ways that go against his own teachings?

Old 12-02-2010, 12:52 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,003,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Getting back to the OP.
Shouldn't it be reasonable that the christian beliefs should be respected as much as christians respect other beliefs?
In reality, do Christians respect other beliefs?

Brit Hume's comments come to mind:

“He’s said to be a Buddhist; I don’t think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith. So my message to Tiger would be: ‘Tiger, turn to the Christian faith, and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world.’”

or how about this one:

Franklin Graham thinks Islam is "evil," per a 2001 speech, and more recently has said Islam is offensive. He also told Muslims that Jesus Christ died for their sins.

The very basis of their faith is Jesus Christ: Our way, or the highway. Everyone else pretty much goes to hell

The nativity scene part however, may be hitting below the belt, since it such a special part and basis of their faith.
I think the Canadian bus billboard makes it point better.

I personally like the fact that all the animals talked
that special day. That is something I very much
would like to see miraculously come back

Inspirational and Christian STORIES -- The Night The Animals Talked.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Why doesn't he come personally speak to me? Maybe he could create some exotic new animal species for me to prove he really is God.

When's the last time he actually came to Earth and talked to someone? 10 minutes ago, Yesterday, 20 years ago, 2000 years ago?
He answered that, actually. In the story of Lazarus the beggar, a rich man in hell begged to have a messenger to go tell his brothers. The answer was no...they had adequate proof....but they won't believe it.

Honestly? I sincerely doubt you'd believe if God were to appear at your doorstep this afternoon. You'd find a reason to turn a blind eye.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Wrong again ranger. We have thousands of fossils documenting human/ape evolution in detail.
Don't you get it? Those were created and placed by god in order to test our faith, man! Get with the program!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.