Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:51 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
95% likelihood this is Israel's doing. It's one of the most bigoted, brutal governments in the World.
95% likelihood, you say. Really? According to whom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 08:55 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I agree. SA is a predominately wahabist nation (as you know, an extreme form of Islam that has produced the likes of the 9/11 terrorists and UBL). Under the Saudi royalty, they will be pretty civil in the world community - but that nation is teeming with strife and extremism within its borders. So much so, that even the royal family can't keep a lid on it and is constantly having to deal with it. It is even debatable as to who/how many within the royal family is hedging their bets with both sides. Their fiery brand of Islam is well funded and would survive a change in government. To have them as the "leader" of the Arab world could backfire on the rest of the world.
Just another reason why the Middle East is such an armpit. Between Sunni and Shiite wanting to kill each other, both willing to war with Israel, its a three way cluster fudge and the US is neck deep in the middle trying to play all three ends of the stick. In the end, it will be the US that is the big loser, or you could argue, has been when we look at how much has been spent in blood and dollars which have yet to produce any measurable return on investments.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:56 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell
Well, targeting specific individuals is actually murder but you knew that, right?
One would think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
One would think so.
This "One" doesn't think so.

Quote:
Might make a good discussion for a thread, but I suspect I know what a poll would indicate.
There have been several threads on the issue, you'd be surprised at what they revealed especially from the nuke them until the glow crowd who are suddenly become adverse to the "kill them all and let god sort em out" school of thought.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:00 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This "One" doesn't think so.

There have been several threads on the issue, you'd be surprised at what they revealed especially from the nuke them until the glow crowd who are suddenly become adverse to the "kill them all and let god sort em out" school of thought.
I'll have to review some older threads if I have time today, because I suspect I would be surprised.

While I do have some personal moral objection to this idea, at the same time I must be practical, and truth of the matter is, if assassinating one radical would keep us from invading some X country, then I say bombs away.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:11 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I'll have to review some older threads if I have time today, because I suspect I would be surprised.
Let me save you some trouble.

Obama Invokes "states secrets" Privilege to Justify Assassination of American Citizen

Quote:
While I do have some personal moral objection to this idea, at the same time I must be practical, and truth of the matter is, if assassinating one radical would keep us from invading some X country, then I say bombs away.
Weird, but I can't find my own thread where I laid out the legal justification for such killings, although I find the legalistic hoops one must jump through to justify any killing to be more than a bit tortuous.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:30 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, targeting specific individuals is actually murder but you knew that, right?
No, it's not murder unless their killing was unjustified and without cause. Even the Bible, and the qu'ran, allows killing in self-defense and for other worthy purposes.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:35 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
suprise, suprise, but we've been engaged in a covert and very unconventional war against Iran for some time now:

Anti-Iran computer bug had powerful backers | World news | The Guardian

Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,180 times
Oh, give me a break. I am no great fan of Israel, but Iran's President has sworn to destroy Israel and Israel has a right to defend itself. Iran is already engaged in a proxy war with Israel through Hamas and Hezbollah.

A few quotes for the President of Iran: "...we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism," Israel is "heading toward annihilation,"

The quotes go on and on.

Pick another theme to condem Israel, but whining about Iran is absurd. After all, after 9/11 President Bush removed the decades long prohibition on political assassinations. The Obama Administration continues the Bush policy.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
If Mossad did it, good for them. They need to do more of it.

Oh...I see you describe such a thing as an act of terrorism. How would you characterize the launching of rockets provided by Iran into Israeli cities by Hizbollah and Fatah? Is that an act of terrorism, or simply self-defense?
The acts of terrorism on one side do not justify the acts of terrorism on the side. It's one reason the Middle East remains one of the most unstable regions in the world. If the Iranians strongly believe Israel is behind these attacks do you think they are just going to sit back and do nothing?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
No, it's not murder unless their killing was unjustified and without cause. Even the Bible, and the qu'ran, allows killing in self-defense and for other worthy purposes.
And who's the judge that pronounces sentence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies