Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 12:11 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times

Advertisements

How is it a terrorist organization? If any government really wanted to shut it down, it would be shut down, at least temporarily. The associated individuals would have been killed three times each. Someone else would pick it up, and it would be shut down again. Repeat indefinitely. Keep in mind that a site like WikiLeaks works both ways. Leaks can work to a person's (or entity's) advantage. If there was no gain for providing leaked information, there wouldn't be any leaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 12:14 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,212 times
We all know how arrogrant the USA gov't is don't try to kill the messenger.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:07 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
WikiLeaks is hosted on an Amazon mirror sight in Ireland. Amazon should shut it down, and if they don't, we should boycott Amazon.com at the Very least.
Go ahead and do that. Fewer people overloading their servers will make it easier for the rest of us to do our holiday shopping there.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:55 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is treason, and they should be punished accordingly. I say, death by firing squad.

WikiLeaks is hosted on an Amazon mirror sight in Ireland. Amazon should shut it down, and if they don't, we should boycott Amazon.com at the Very least.
On the contrary, I'd support Amazon even more.

Trust is fostered by transparency. Not by secrecy and lies. Guess which way our gov't prefers to operate?

Old 11-30-2010, 02:36 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
On the contrary, I'd support Amazon even more.

Trust is fostered by transparency. Not by secrecy and lies. Guess which way our gov't prefers to operate?
There are thing that you don't need to know. Who do you think you are to be privied to that kind of high level information? You're a nobody when it comes to that stuff.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:38 PM

184 posts, read 142,095 times
I love wikileaks. Look forward to the next expose about the banking and pharma industries.

"Those who give up essential liberty for security deserve neither".

Old 11-30-2010, 02:44 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
The guy that runs Wikileaks is as guilty as the 'fella' that gave him the data.

International law should be used to take him down, prosecute and incarcerate both of them. I personally prefer more drastic action.

The data was stolen and he accepted it. Who ever funded this whole operation should be dealt with to the extreme. To think it's not illegal to do so simply because he's a website operator in another country is the farthest stretch I've seen on this site.

The newspapers that have printed the material are complicit as well. And they're very hypocritical considering their actions during the climate emails from 2009.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:48 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The guy that runs Wikileaks is as guilty as the 'fella' that gave him the data.

International law should be used to take him down, prosecute and incarcerate both of them. I personally prefer more drastic action.

The data was stolen and he accepted it. Who ever funded this whole operation should be dealt with to the extreme. To think it's not illegal to do so simply because he's a website operator in another country is the farthest stretch I've seen on this site.

The newspapers that have printed the material are complicit as well. And they're very hypocritical considering their actions during the climate emails from 2009.
These right wingers invent fantasy laws in their minds to go after people that they disagree with.

The love giving more and more power to big government to go after it's citizens and foreigners.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:49 PM

196 posts, read 208,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
How should they be punished for their irresponsible release of classified documents?

Personally, I would like to see the individuals that leaked these docs tried for espionage and/or treason, and I would like to see the principals behind WikiLeaks brought up on espionage charges and sent to prison for a very, very long time.

These misguided fools think they are doing some greater service, when in fact all they doing is putting Americans in danger and making us less secure. Classified documents are classified for a reason, and stealing them to give to foriegn entities is espionage, and those who have possession of them illegally are also criminals.

This crap has got to stop.

Wikileaks is a hero to freedom & liberty.
Instead of focusing on the leak - focus on WHAT WAS LEAKED.
Our govt is a bunch of idiots. No wonder people hate us so much.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:50 PM

184 posts, read 142,095 times
Its funny how conservatives are for big government and control when it comes to invasion of peoples privacy and keeping public from knowing the truth. Smacks dab of wanting a fascist state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies