Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:53 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Two words

Housing bubble
And two words why it was 5.6% in 1996... Internet boom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 03:37 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No one could be worse than the disaster in office right now.
So, besides hating Obama, what do you do FOR your country? Anything?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
So, besides hating Obama, what do you do FOR your country? Anything?
Seeing he is a one-termer is enough, isn't it?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
I pay my taxes, follow the laws, have never been arrested, raise my kids to be productive citizens, and mentor younger children not my own by being active in my community.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't know - things were going pretty well until the democrats took over in 2007 - then it all went to pot.
If you truly believe that, you must have been living on Fantasy Island.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Me:

I was wounded in a combat zone, defending you country and honor.

I am a police officer and put my life on the line, everyday, for the past22 years. I've been shot and have shot several persons; all for society. I have to live with the after math and stress of those incidents.
Thanks for all you do.

Quote:
You people dont.

Worse. I have to put up wilth all of your whining, about how overpaid I am. None of you would do my job.
Again, thanks for all you do and have done. But please get some help.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:06 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
I'm raising a future citizen to be an honest, hardworking, educated, independent, generous, polite gentleman that's loyal to his family and his country.

If I succeed that will be my greatest contribution to the US.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:22 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Just a thread for us posters to explore what we are all doing for the country, issues, and purposes we feel so compelled to write about on these forums.

Enlighten your fellow posters. How do you support or gain support for your cause or party? How have you drawn interest for the support groups you are involved in? Politically, how do you affect change?
Well, right off the top I give more than 50 cents of every dollar I make to keep the machine turning. Of course, many here will claim that that's not paying "my fair share".

Recently took up the cause of serving as gatekeeper to information the public needs to be privy to so they can understand who their public servants are and what they really stand for.

My fingerprints are all over devices that process the data of millions of people every day, protecting their information and ensuring its integrity so that identity thieves, Romanian hackers, and naer'do'wells can't get access to it.

Politically, my status is "complicated" for reasons I will not say, and for that I won't go into any details, because some things are best left discreet.

....I couldn't help but notice you asked the question, yet did not provide your own answer.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I served in the United States Marine Corps and now I serve my country as a corrections officer helping keep violent and dangerous criminals off the street.
Not to knock your profession too much, but the vast majority of people locked up in the government prison machine are nonviolent and hardly what I would term "dangerous".

Unless you work in a max/supermax.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Me:

I was wounded in a combat zone, defending you country and honor.

I am a police officer and put my life on the line, everyday, for the past22 years. I've been shot and have shot several persons; all for society. I have to live with the after math and stress of those incidents. You people dont.

Worse. I have to put up wilth all of your whining, about how overpaid I am. None of you would do my job.
I was going to let this one go, and then at the end you got a little bitter, so I'll ask the obvious question: Where were you that you were defending this country or our honor? Because I can't think of a single incident since the 40's by which our country was actually threatened or our "honor" was at stake. And since you've only been a cop for 22 years, that would make you too young to have participated in that encounter.

And I think you will find that many people do not find you overpaid, it's just rather distasteful to think that you should be entitled to a lifetime of support after you retire while nobody outside of the government gets such a deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies