Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
I'm a huge fan of her running and not just because she'd be a disaster but because I think that would actually teach the thinking parts of the Republican Party (and those people still exist even if the crazies are in charge right now) that the extremist parts of the Republican Party can't win national elections. Hopefully then the Republicans will return to the center right instead of trying to be as extreme as possible.

Heck, I actually like the old fashioned conservatives like William F. Buckley (which we now must call paleo-conservatives since they're mostly extinct) because even if you didn't agree with their position you knew they were at least educated and basing their position on facts which we can all agree are true. They didn't indulge in made up nonsense or the anti-science/anti-intellectual garbage most Republicans now wallow in. If new facts came to light then paleo-conservatives would respond to those facts by changing policies if a better one could be found plus their main focus was on balancing the budget even if that meant raising taxes and they knew there was no such thing as a free lunch in economics. Compare that to the modern dogma of Republicans that taxes can be endlessly cut and yet magically there won't be a deficit. Give me the paleo-cons over the neo-cons any day; at least they don't live in a fantasy world.

and I'm not even a republican
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
She's making too much money doing what she does now. She won't run, imo.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Palin seems like such a cartoon character that you have to wonder if she was planted by the Democrats to sabotage the Republicans.
Yes, just like Andy Kaufman it is really hard to tell if Palin is joking or actually is insane.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Then what are the "common sense conservative solutions"? Sounds a lot like hope and change to me.

What is the CSCS to a nuclear Iran?

What is the CSCS to 10% unemployment?

What is the CSCS to become energy independant?

What about for reducing the $x trillion deficit?

Or bringing about an end in Afghanistan and Iraq? Or should we stay forever?

I can teach my six year old niece to respond "common sense conservative solutions" to every question, but that doesn't make her qualified to be president.

Don't be silly. The common sense conservative solutions to any problem are:

Tax cuts
More wars
Homophobia and bigotry
Tax cuts
Tax cuts

Old 07-13-2011, 03:22 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
He should've included Bachmann when he made that statement.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:23 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
They want stand up to her or bachman. What a bunch of weak men.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:29 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMarley View Post
what wud be wrong about Liebermann for VP? He was a good governor for the state of CT. People liked him quite a bit there.

You mean Senator?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies