Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:08 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Does this guy have good reason to be in hiding, and what about those responsible for giving him the information ? Report: WikiLeaks Chief in Britain; Police Aware - FoxNews.com
I don't know if he has a good reason. I think being able to breathe is a good enough reason myself. Because he is basically a dead man walking. He won't be alive a month from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 09:11 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
He isn't hiding. The Brittish police know his whereabouts. He provided the information to them months ago. His lawyers have been in contact with them for the past month.

The Brittish police have simply no reason to pick him up yet. The arrest warrant isn't even legal.

He hasn't been charged with a crime and there needs to be a charge for an arrest warrant.

He is merely wanted for QUESTIONING. And he has been willing to be questioned via Skype (sp?), but Sweden wants him to be questioned in person.

What's happening right now are merely LEGAL TECHNICALITIES.

If he really wanted to hide, he'd be in Equador right now, not sitting in London having his lawyers communicate with Brittish police.

Get a grip!

Old 12-02-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Who directs interpol, anyway?
Check out this satire article saying that interpol doesn't want to arrest him, they want to hire him!

Andy Borowitz: Interpol: We Will Find Julian Assange, and Then We Will Hire Him

Old 12-02-2010, 09:17 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times
I am glad that wiki-leaks are exposing banks and fraud. To some extent - the childishness and pettiness of world governments. But lately, this organization has basically conducting itself as an espionage organization and there isn't a country in the world in which this is legal. To solicit or accept classified information is considered criminal activity.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:21 AM

btw, anyone in their right mind would be hiding right now. This guy is at risk of the CIA killing him in the streets and making it look like an accident.

Do you really think the United States would give this guy a day in court? Our politicians have already tried him and called for his execution!

Here are the risks of going to Sweden for questioning:

1) Sweden might extradite him to the United States.

2) The CIA will know his location and he'll die an untimely death!

I'd be hiding too if I were him!

Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
btw, anyone in their right mind would be hiding right now. This guy is at risk of the CIA killing him in the streets and making it look like an accident.

Do you really think the United States would give this guy a day in court? Our politicians have already tried him and called for his execution!

Here are the risks of going to Sweden for questioning:

1) Sweden might extradite him to the United States.

2) The CIA will know his location and he'll die an untimely death!

I'd be hiding too if I were him!
The man is guilty of espionage. His day will come.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I am glad that wiki-leaks are exposing banks and fraud. To some extent - the childishness and pettiness of world governments. But lately, this organization has basically conducting itself as an espionage organization and there isn't a country in the world in which this is legal. To solicit or accept classified information is considered criminal activity.
I don't agree with his extremist morals. But I recognize that the western world wouldn't be up in arms if he had posted confidential documents from China.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
In any crime, where's the victim, and what are its damages?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Have you read our Espionage Act? I highly recommend you read it. Also read the analysis from many of America's top legal experts.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:31 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
If Assange has an "accident" then every finger will be pointed at the USA. It might give satisfaction to some but it will be a public relations disaster. In addition, that will tell governments all over the world that it is okay to assassinate people you don't like. Who knows, the next victim after Assange could be an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies