Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times

Advertisements

If both candidates were pro-abortion I would not vote for either one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Although I am pro choice, I think your framing of the issue by both your choice of terms and voting sentiment accurately reflects the feelings of many on that side of the discussion. To my anti-abortion friends, the pro choice position is simply unacceptable, and no matter the other political issues, it is a line they will not cross.

I find that this also exists the other way, but in my personal experiences to a lesser degree.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:06 PM

626 posts, read 993,023 times
Quote:
So you didn't vote for President in 2004?

Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 PM

Pro-abortion candidates allow people like Dr. Tiller to stay in business. He aborts babies right up to term. I still use the original term because I don't think I will play the "oops we better change the terminology and clean it up" game unless you are telling me that something other than abortion takes place when someone exercises their “choice”.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
So you didn't vote for President in 2004?
I did not vote in the presdential election of 2004. I could never vote for a Democrat and I had grown sick of Bush by then.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
unless you are telling me that something other than abortion takes place when someone exercises their “choiceâ€.

Choice means exactly that, CHOICE. Something other than abortion may well take place when someone exercises CHOICE, a full-term pregnancy.

To make the baseless claim that pro-choice is pro-abortion is no different than saying up is down or black is white, just a delusion.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:09 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Can't we atleast be honest about it? Pro-choice is the cleaned up, and PC term for pro-abortion.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:29 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
If we were being honest about it, there wouldn't be much of a debate. Pro-life doesn't have a case. It doesn't have the beginnings of a case. It's all personal religious belief and free-floating feelings wrapped up in the same purposely deceptive cloak as the infamous creation science. Don't want an abortion? Don't have one. Otherwise, go home...

Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,120 times
Actually if we were honest about it we could call it pro-murder of the innocent unborn. In one sense it has nothing to do with religion.

Do atheists believe it is Ok to murder? If you are saying it is only the religious who are pro-life I think there is enough proof on this forum that this is not the case.

It is curious to me that the ones that demand scientific proof for everything else will not admit the science of the life in a womb.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:32 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
If we were being honest about it, there wouldn't be much of a debate. Pro-life doesn't have a case. It doesn't have the beginnings of a case. It's all personal religious belief and free-floating feelings wrapped up in the same purposely deceptive cloak as the infamous creation science. Don't want an abortion? Don't have one. Otherwise, go home...
I completely agree. Nobody is forcing anyone to have an abortion so the beliefs of the pro-choice side should also be be treated with equal respect. Why is it that the "pro-life" always want to impose their ideas on others ? I respect their rights to believe what they want but so many of them want to impose their perspective on the issue on people who believe differently. I don't believe it is OK to murder and I resent the implying that abortion is the same as me as stabbing or shooting a human being . Life may have begun in the womb but it is not a human being until it comes out. I will never put the life of a foetus before the life of a woman. If I was a man I would much prefer to lose the foetus in my wife's womb than my wife. And if having an abortion was going to save my wife mental anguish,pain and maybe even save her from suicide then I would be very much in favour of it. I am getting heartily fed up with people presuming to tell me what I can and cannot do with my body. I know a lot of people who are "pro-life" would love to see the law change and abortions banned. I do resent being told what I can and cannot do with my body. I also wish that people would understand that abortion is not an easy, flippant decision made out selfishness . For the vast majority of women it is an excruciatingly painful decision, and is made under very difficult situations, at great cost to the person ( and even couple) in question. Most women don't use women as a means of contraception. And to call these poor women murderers is insulting, wicked and quite frankly lacking in any sympathy and compassion for what is ultimately a very personal and desperately hard choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies