Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 03:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Wasn't the plane full of fuel?

Old 12-04-2010, 03:59 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Wasn't the plane full of fuel?
Yes but there were some massive explosions at the point of impact on the outside of the buildings. Plus we are talking 90 floors below that point of impact.

I feel most of that fuel burned up at the point of impact and don't see how it could of traveled so far and cause so much damage below. All I can imagine the rest of the fuel that was possibly spared in the blast splattered across the floors in the area of impact but all the way to the lobby?

Old 12-04-2010, 04:07 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Yes but there were some massive explosions at the point of impact on the outside of the buildings. Plus we are talking 90 floors below that point of impact.

I feel most of that fuel burned up at the point of impact and don't see how it could of traveled so far and cause so much damage below. Maybe the rest of the fuel splattered across the floors in the area of impact but all the way to the lobby?
Once you get flames hot enough to bend support beams in a building, I'm sure most anything else converts to further combustible material.

You have to remember the Religion of Peace tried to take down the Twin Towers during the Clinton administration. This has been a consistent effort.

Notice we also did not take over anyone's oil either.

Cato is a socially liberal group (of Libertarians) with only some fiscal conservative beliefs. These are the kinds of people who believe in legalizing drugs, prostitution and they have been so nuts at times as to suggest slavery was kind of Ok.
Sometimes they are fiscally OK, but Libertarians are usually whackadoodle when I read them.
These are not Conservative thinkers by the way if you thought they were.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:34 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
If so how did all this kerosene make it all the way down to the lobby from 75 to 90 floors above?
Quote:
I feel most of that fuel burned up at the point of impact...
You answered your own question, but just in case you still need a little help: Gravity.

By the way, it's nice to "feel" things, but a "feeling" does not make for a very convincing argument. You'd do much better if you used "facts."

Old 12-04-2010, 07:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
The fuel traveled down the elevator shafts.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
How about if YOU do a little thinking?

What was that HUGE explosion and HUGE BALL of fire OUTSIDE of the buildings when the planes hit? Was it the gas tanks exploding at the point of impact??? If so how did all this kerosene make it all the way down to the lobby from 75 to 90 floors above??? Not saying I have the answer but do you?
Yes, as a matter of fact I do. It came down the elevator shafts, burning. The whole damn building smelled like jet fuel.

One of my coworkers had just stepped off one of the "cattle cars" (express elevators) onto the 44th floor skylobby and was thrown into the wall across from the elevator door. He was covered with the skin and blood of whomever had been crossing the threshold behind him. He turned and looked back in time to see the elevator filled with fire and the burning people inside screaming "NO! NO! NO!" and then he saw the elevator drop.

A friend of mine was in the lobby, got caught in the fireball that shot through the lobby and then through the revolving doors that lead to the Concourse. She died in the Cornell Burn Unit in October that year. If you watched the History Channel documentary on the Marriott survivors, you will hear a similar story of a man who saw this happen to another woman and tried to save her. She didn't make it, either.

I was on 43 and the elevator there burst out in flames, consumed the man who was waiting for the elevator, and then the ceiling crumbled on top of him.

You have to understand that those videos you watch on YouTube look like cartoons to those of us who were in there. When you see the Naudet brothers' footage of the first plane hitting the north tower, it looks like it sails in smooth as butter. There was nothing smooth about that impact. That building lurched so hard to the side I lost my balance and thought we were going over. People in their offices were knocked out of their chairs and onto the floor. Pipes broke, the ceilings were crumbling and the steel was making these horrible sounds inside the walls, and in the stairwells you could tell that the building was leaning.

You can't see the burning plane on the Plaza. You can't see the hands and feet and rib cages and god knows what else that was strewn everywhere. You don't see the people who were running and being hit by the pieces of the building that were falling off before the collapses. It's easy enough to look at YouTube videos and talk about what you think you see, but there is so much going on that you DON'T see, that was never caught on video, and if you didn't spend a good chunk of your life inside those buildings and know what the layout was, and what was where, and what the steel sounded like normally vs. what it sounded like that day, you are simply using your imagination to fill in the missing information, and there's a good chance your imagination might be incorrect.

The following was written by a friend and fellow WTC survivor, an architect who worked on the 82nd Floor of the north tower. It was originally published in Metropolis Magazine. It's a good example of what it was like to be inside the building that day.

Laurie Balbo - The World Trade Center Surviving the Fall One

Old 12-04-2010, 11:47 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:

I feel most of that fuel burned up at the point of impact and don't see how it could of traveled so far and cause so much damage below. All I can imagine the rest of the fuel that was possibly spared in the blast splattered across the floors in the area of impact but all the way to the lobby?
Then come and visit in my office full of WTC survivors and tell us that you don't feel that what we saw and heard and felt that day could have happened.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:09 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You might just as well say "I'm not going to bother to read the rest of your post" and be done with it.

How about if YOU do a little thinking? THE FIRE IN THE LOBBY CAME DOWN THE ELEVATOR SHAFTS. THIS WAS WITNESSED BY COUNTLESS PEOPLE. What part of "there were fires throughout the buildings" do you not understand? The fireballs also blew out the windows at the West Street entrance, decapitating and otherwise shredding the people who were in that area. There were bodies and body parts everywhere BEFORE the collapses.

How are you absolutely certain that none of the so-called explosions that people heard were from the massive a/c and other mechanical equipment in the buildings, in the basements and on the MER floors? Or from all the vehicles parked in the sub-basements? Or the vehicles that were outside the WTC and caught on fire from falling burning debris? Or just the sound of huge items crashing from high places?

What is your expertise on the building collapses that trumps that of the engineers who were actually there on 9/11 and studied the structural elements afterward? A truther website? Sorry, doesn't wash. And go back and read through these threads before you try to make up stories and waste our time about how the government did the collapse study all by itself or that the engineers who support NCSTAR1 are afraid of losing their jobs or are paid to keep quiet. Some of us are pretty well aware that none of that is true. Thanks.
Sorry..Your explanation doesn't wash. If fuel came down the elevator shaft, the floors above the lobby would have caught on fire before the lobby.

Secondly IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD NO SKYSCRAPER HAS EVER COMPLETELY COLLAPSED EXCEPT in cases of PLANNED DEMOLITION.
Sorry. It is a fact.

I feel sorry for families who lost loved ones but that is no excuse to put the blame on anyone other than who actually caused the incident.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:16 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

The fire caused the fire, capiche? Fire begets fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Sorry..Your explanation doesn't wash. If fuel came down the elevator shaft, the floors above the lobby would have caught on fire before the lobby.

Secondly IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD NO SKYSCRAPER HAS EVER COMPLETELY COLLAPSED EXCEPT in cases of PLANNED DEMOLITION.
Sorry. It is a fact.

I feel sorry for families who lost loved ones but that is no excuse to put the blame on anyone other than who actually caused the incident.
Leave the families who lost the loved ones out of it. "I feel sorry, but" is not feeling sorry at all.

Lots of things were going on at relatively the same time. An exploding fuel tank could spread fuel all over the place. Just one example.

I suppose there are a lot of skyscrapers that have been hit by jet planes for comparison studies?

Old 12-05-2010, 08:27 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Have you never heard of an electrical fire traveling along the circuits? Good grief, I'm just a dumb nurse, and I've heard of that. How about all these signs you see in elevators: "in case of fire, use stairs". What do you think the reason for that is? There was fire enough to go around when the planes hit the buildings.
Still even if all the kool-aid drinkers theories happened, the fact remains that the fire never got hot enough to even begin to melt the steel (they could tell by the color of the smoke in the air) in the building and this is the reason no skyscraper has ever collapsed from a fire alone and the sides of the building are certainly able to withstand damage without compromising the overall structure of the building.

Fire alone combined with the relatively puny damage to the side of the building (as compared to the size of the building) does not cut it as a reasonable explanation for the collapse of the buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies