Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 08:29 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
That is the top the best of the best of the best which I am glad we have them...Who wont be? I am taking about the rest of the colleges in America.
Keep moving the goal posts... Here's the real kicker: the ultimate "liberal" school, Berkeley, is #8 in the world. You can whine about "elitist liberal" schools but can't lie away the fact that they aren't just the best in the country but in the world.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:35 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
This is why I sent my 5 kids to private schools and private colleges. They are leaving the public school serfs in the dust.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:44 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycwind View Post
Explain to me how recent African immigrants from Africa are some of the top performing students in their classrooms?
They haven't grown up with an entitlement mentality that doesn't instill valuing hard word and hard study.
Quote:
It has nothing to do with race - these African immigrants are getting the same opportunities as their white and asian counterparts and facing far less discrimination and are hence flourishing.
You're right in that it has nothing to do with race. You're flat out wrong that it has to do with discrimination. You think people look at two black people and go "hmm..this black one is an immigrant so I'll treat him well..that black person was born here so I'm going to discriminate against him"? That is laughably ridiculous.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:55 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
I guess that would explains its failures and short comings..

They don't have to compete.

They are are not held accountable for their failures.

They get to keep their job not matter how bad their perform..

They get to poison the minds of the youth.

It is not a shocker on why so many leftist choose that profession.
Well it's a shock to me why anyone would want to become a teacher. It's a thankless job and they get blamed for everything that goes wrong. I am from a family of teachers and most go into that field because of their compassion for teaching and their love of kids. But it's an extremely hard profession.

Are parents held accountable for their failures. It seems we always blame teachers when it's really the parents we should hold accountable.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:17 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well it's a shock to me why anyone would want to become a teacher. It's a thankless job and they get blamed for everything that goes wrong. I am from a family of teachers and most go into that field because of their compassion for teaching and their love of kids. But it's an extremely hard profession.

Are parents held accountable for their failures. It seems we always blame teachers when it's really the parents we should hold accountable.
Do we send kids to other parents?

You cant force parents to be held accountable.

What we can do is force schools systems to be accountable for their failures...

Why should we have only one choice in education?

Why should we still be using outdated lesson plans and tools for education?

Why should we be force to send kids into failing and failed schools to help politicians and special interest?

Why should not allow the private market to improve education as it has improved countless other things?

Why should we allow political correctness,biased lessons plans, and flat out indoctrination to infect, warp and poison the minds of the most young and helpless beings?

Old 05-24-2014, 09:27 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Do we send kids to other parents?

You cant force parents to be held accountable.

What we can do is force schools systems to be accountable for their failures...

Why should we still be using outdated lesson plans and tools for education?

Why should we be force to send kids into failing and failed schools to help politicians and special interest?

Why should not allow the private market to improve education as it has improved countless other things?

Why should we allow political correctness,biased lessons plans, and flat out indoctrination to infect, warp and poison the minds of the most young and helpless beings?
No we can't but they are a major part of the problem. Why do you think schools in poorer neighborhoods are failing. And it has nothing to do with politicians and special interest. It has to do with parents and their involvement and investment in their child's education. They need to teach their children discipline but many don't so the teacher wastes their time trying to disciplining them while the rest of the class suffers. This in only one example. Parents are the key to success, schools only reinforce it.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:43 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
We have tons of choices. Tons of private schools, religious and non-religious, public schools, magnet schools, etc.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No we can't but they are a major part of the problem. Why do you think schools in poorer neighborhoods are failing. And it has nothing to do with politicians and special interest. It has to do with parents and their involvement and investment in their child's education. They need to teach their children discipline but many don't so the teacher wastes their time trying to disciplining them while the rest of the class suffers. This in only one example. Parents are the key to success, schools only reinforce it.
It is do to lack of funding and the high cost of government run education which is so high because their is no competition..

Really it doesn't? Are you telling no one has anything to gain by keeping the current system in place?

Are you telling the NEA and the Democratic party does not benefit from their relationship?

Once again, most of these parents can`t or wont either way we all should not have to suffer...

Old 05-24-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
We have tons of choices. Tons of private schools, religious and non-religious, public schools, magnet schools, etc.
You are right, but if you don't have the money you are SOL and JWF..That is why we need vouchers...

Old 05-24-2014, 10:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
Quote:
You are right, but if you don't have the money you are SOL and JWF..That is why we need vouchers...
We should not have vouchers for private school tuition. Besides having the money, scholarships and grants should be the means. Not the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies