Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 12:02 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,222,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Of course you don't. Unless you want some credibility in this discussion, of course!

And since your personal experience is supposed to be some kind of proof, well, I'll see your charter school and raise you three kids who graduated from public schools and have done/are doing great in elite colleges! That proves that all public school are awesome, right?
Did you ever actually listen to a debate in high school? Try to keep up.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:03 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,247,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Did you ever actually listen to a debate in high school? Try to keep up.
So you admit that public schools are just fine, because my kids did great. Got it.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Can you cite such in the Harvard study cited?

Vouchers Help African American Students Go to College
You are hilarious. On thread after thread, you hang your entire argument on one piece of data, and carefully ignore posts with tons of opposite data. Which you do by posting the same single piece of data over and over, dozens of times.

Yep, you're sure winning hearts and minds now!

Old 06-24-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
So you admit that public schools are just fine, because my kids did great. Got it.
Actually, I wouldn't let my kid within ten feet of public education, but I'm rather picky. There are some very good public schools. That however is not what is being debated. Kids should not have to attend inferior schools. Private and charter schools eventually fail when they don't measure up. Public schools that are little more than warehouses are allowed to stay open.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:24 PM

88,672 posts, read 44,444,073 times
Quote:
You are hilarious. On thread after thread, you hang your entire argument on one piece of data
One piece of data? Hardly . Here's five, at a minimum:

Vouchers Help African American Students Go to College

Education Reform - Obama Questioned On Vouchers

What Americans Think about Their Schools

Obama, Dems wrong to kill school vouchers - CNN.com

The Condition of College & Career Readiness 2013 | ACT College Readiness Benchmarks by Race/Ethnicity | ACT

Old 06-24-2014, 12:27 PM

Thank god, you finally figured out how to Google.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:55 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,745,646 times
Quote:
Actually, I wouldn't let my kid within ten feet of public education, but I'm rather picky. There are some very good public schools. That however is not what is being debated. Kids should not have to attend inferior schools. Private and charter schools eventually fail when they don't measure up. Public schools that are little more than warehouses are allowed to stay open.
Locally we have a very good charter school. It even survived an unpleasant incident where the founder got caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

Interesting thing though is that the enrollment is almost all Caucasian and Asian with very low Hispanic and black enrollment. Basically we have a nice little academy for the almost well off in the area.

Not quite sure how this moves the ball forward in a school system where the problem is almost entirely driven by a large and mostly poor Hispanic population.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Locally we have a very good charter school. It even survived an unpleasant incident where the founder got caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

Interesting thing though is that the enrollment is almost all Caucasian and Asian with very low Hispanic and black enrollment. Basically we have a nice little academy for the almost well off in the area.

Not quite sure how this moves the ball forward in a school system where the problem is almost entirely driven by a large and mostly poor Hispanic population.
That's actually one of my many points. There's no accountability or oversight, and when they fail, no one has to give back any money they stole from taxpayers.

I'm actually shocked that one of those crooks got caught. Probably by accident, I would guess.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

I would venture that money and time needs to be put into getting quality charter schools in all areas of the country.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:05 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,745,646 times
Quote:
I would venture that money and time needs to be put into getting quality charter schools in all areas of the country.
Based upon our almost well off needing a school for their children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies