Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 PM

107 posts, read 214,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wondering why everyone just keeps walking. Boy, I am only 5'4 and not very big, but I can have a big mouth!! I would have stopped and got involved. Heck, with security, watch my foot.
This is just sad, I just don't understand people not wanting to get involved.

My thoughts exactly. He was parked in a handicapped spot which is near the building not in the far reaches of the parking lot. No one even ran into the store to get help. Far more people walked by than were involved in the scuffle...certainly they could have outnumbered the father and son. Reminds me of the TV show "What Would You Do?"

I don't like videos where you cannot hear what is being said or where part of the picture is obscured by objects. They can be very misleading. From the body language and his location to the driver's window, it did look like the elderly man may have provoked the argument. I may be wrong, but he seemed quite aggressive. At the same time, the father and son totally lost it. Very sad as it could have been tragic for him at 84. Was this Black Friday I wonder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,914,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedmom View Post
My thoughts exactly. He was parked in a handicapped spot which is near the building not in the far reaches of the parking lot. No one even ran into the store to get help. Far more people walked by than were involved in the scuffle...certainly they could have outnumbered the father and son. Reminds me of the TV show "What Would You Do?"

I don't like videos where you cannot hear what is being said or where part of the picture is obscured by objects. They can be very misleading. From the body language and his location to the driver's window, it did look like the elderly man may have provoked the argument. I may be wrong, but he seemed quite aggressive. At the same time, the father and son totally lost it. Very sad as it could have been tragic for him at 84. Was this Black Friday I wonder?
Yeah, I would think most of us if it was provoked would have just said somrthing like "STUPID OLE' MAN". Just un called for. Grumpy is Grumpy, no reason to be hitting on the elderly. The boy says he lost his temper, I kind of doubt it!!

Welcome, to C-D displacedmom!!

Old 12-03-2010, 12:30 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,417,210 times
This is still bothering me. Why is it that some Parents allow their children to have no regard or respect for their elders, this is a case where good parenting skills are lacking, for kids do learn what they see and hear from home.

No excuses about his age, he sure knew how to fight, at 12 yrs of age, you already know right from wrong, if you were taught these things in the home.

People have changed, and have so little respcet for one another, and get so uptight, about the things in life, that should not matter.

And what in the hel- is wrong with the Father, Good Example you are Dad, keep up the good work, next he may beat up on a little old grandma, which if i knew who the grandma was this kid beat up, i would probably go to jail for one night, i would have to kick some butt, if it were a elder person i knew. Just a point, see how easy it is, to get all wired up. No i would not do that, but if i had my cell phone i would be on with the police in a hurry. Knowing me i would have probably gotten my butt kicked, because i would not let this Old Man take a beating.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:15 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,761,458 times
Might makes right. Forget the law. Bullies rule. Gee I wonder where they get that from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies