U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 06:39 PM

74,358 posts, read 34,468,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Alan Grayson explains why the GOP needs to keep those tax cuts for the rich. At least he is going out with a bag
How many "rich" people do you know in the 10% bracket..one created by the Bush cuts ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 06:40 PM

949 posts, read 649,970 times
When I was making 300k per year I certainly was not rich. I was financially responsible. The way I make 300K per year was staying out of debt. My car was used. Well running, kinda high millage but not for a pickup. Instead of going to Home Depot for 3 2x4's that were bent and wet I went to the small local lumberyard and picked through there cheep pile for survivors. I get my cloths from a used store some on trade except Jeans because I have long abnormal legs so I get 10 dollar wal marts. Instead of $60 dollar shoes that last 6 months I get $200 Boots that last a year before needing resoled.
If I can't afford it I don't charge it. So why should I get taxed extra for having a decent bank account that let me have a home this year free and clear aftrer savign for 5 years for it.
Im debet free and so I guess I am rich.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:30 PM

27,837 posts, read 8,758,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Grayson still bringing the truth gloves off and guns blazing!
Truth? No. Hyperbolic, manipulative, and false talking points? Yes. And the libs just mindlessly eat it up.

If Grayson had bothered to learn the truth, he would already know this: Remember Christina Romer? She used to be Obama's economic advisor. Her research found that tax increases hurt the economy.
Quote:
What the Romers found is that exogenous tax increases, such as will occur with the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, “… are highly contractionary. The effects are strongly significant, highly robust, and much larger than those obtained using broader measures of tax changes.”
Here is a strong argument, based on solid academic research, for extending the Bush tax cuts, and not letting them expire, made by one of President Obama’s top economic advisers.
Romer’s Research: Expiration of Bush Tax Cuts Will Be Highly Contractionary | The Beacon (http://www.independent.org/blog/index.php?p=6958 - broken link)

Romer's research:
http://elsa.berkeley.edu/~dromer/pap...ERJune2010.pdf (broken link)

As "the rich" pay a large percentage of the federal income tax revenue, the effect of not extending the tax cuts at that level would exacerbate the highly contractionary effect on the economy.

Romer knows the truth. She subsequently resigned her post as Obama's economic advisor, and is no longer with the Obama admin.

Aren't you all ashamed at being so easily manipulated by Grayson and the other Dems? ...at least his constituency had the good sense to vote him out of office!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:41 PM

3,618 posts, read 1,596,786 times
Grayson is just reminding us why they voted his sorry butt out of office.

Other people's money is not yours. Too bad for the welfare queens, get over it. NOT. YOUR. MONEY.

Liberals should just smack themselves in the face really hard and say "It's not my money" until it sinks in.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:49 PM

6,745 posts, read 5,389,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Other people's money is not yours. Too bad for the welfare queens, get over it. NOT. YOUR. MONEY.
Sound argument...

Old 12-03-2010, 07:55 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,507,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Please get the facts correct and stop posting lies and MSNBC BS.

On Jan 1 if these cuts expire it will hurt more middle class Americans then any rich person by a long shot.

This tax cut was NOT just for the rich so you need to stop listening to the anti American MSNBC channel as they have no clue.

Again, if the tax cuts expire a family making 80k per year will lose hundreds of dollars a week in their first paycheck. This is hardly rich people.

Get the fact correct and understand the truth and stop being a cheerleader for the do not know anything liberals.

To quote a psycho like Grayson says it all.
Well said!

The problem is the verbiage in all of the discussions regarding taxes. It is NOT a tax cut, it is a TAX INCREASE. Libidiots need to stop trying to use symantecs to their benefit. It is an increase from what everyone has been paying and that is NOT good for a bad economy. Period.

And your quote of the "do not know anyting liberals" should really be: DO NOTHING LIBERALS. Because Libs want to do nothing and take from the people actually doing something.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:58 PM

608 posts, read 680,894 times
I live in a 2100 sq ft townhouse that I just purchased in a nice neighboorhood, own 2 cars, feed 2 people and 2 cats. Pay all my taxes, have internet service and direct tv with the 3 TVs I own all in HD with the NFL package. I am healthy but I do need 2 perscriptions every month, in the summer my electric bill is pretty high but manageable. I commute 60 miles every day to my job which costs me in gas, etc. I go out to eat occassionally and take 2 vacations a year.

I make less than $42K a year. My gf makes $0 a year since she can't find a job of course.

Its all in how you want to live. If you make 300K a year, to me your rich....I wish I could make that much.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 PM

74,358 posts, read 34,468,271 times
Heard on the radio today..Congress has 10 more days to do something...10 more days.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:26 PM

4,805 posts, read 5,333,923 times
Those classified as "rich" are not just people who actually have expendable cash. They are small business owners whose businesses earn $250,000 before expenses and taxes. I hardly think that THEY should be taxed out of existence when they are the very people we are relying on to hire the employees whose paychecks and subsequent spending could help to turn around this horrendous economy.....

Keep the tax cuts for all. Doing away with them amounts to the largest tax increase in U.S. history.

How can that possibly positively affect anyone in this economy other than the elite politicians who have already proven that they have no concept of fiscal responsibility?

Old 12-03-2010, 08:29 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,507,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Those classified as "rich" are not just people who actually have expendable cash. They are small business owners whose businesses earn $250,000 before expenses and taxes. I hardly think that THEY should be taxed out of existence when they are the very people we are relying on to hire the employees whose paychecks and subsequent spending could help to turn around this horrendous economy.....

Keep the tax cuts for all. Doing away with them amounts to the largest tax increase in U.S. history.

How can that possible positively affect anyone in this economy?

Exactly!!! But the idiot libs on this forum can't seem to grasp this concept. I wish I could hire only Republicans in our business...I know, that would be discrimination, but still - it would be nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies