Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
You learn the difference.

I posted things President Obama said/promised and they did not come true. It aint a matter of debate or opinion. It's fact.

As much as you may want to you can't unfact a fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
The items the other poster listed ARE facts. All are statements made by Obama and all things which didn't happen. Why? Because they couldn't happen the way he claimed, which makes them lies. Anyone with more than a Middle School education could see where these "promises" simply couldn't play out they way Obama was saying.

The difference between fact and opinion seems blurred in your eyes. You claim that facts are opinions and that your views are facts. Your views are opinion, the others are facts. I don't expect you to understand, or to see where you are confusing the two, most Obama followers refuse to see anything wrong with the "messiah" of their own making.
Yes my views are opinion. I recognize and acknowledge that. But neither of you have posted anything that tells me your views are anything other than opinion. And that's my point. Where is your proof that Mr. Obama said those things? Where is your proof that he didn't also explain that certain conditions would need to be in place in order for those things to happen? Where is your proof that you haven't taken things out of context in an effort to show Mr. Obama in a bad light just because you don't happen to like him?
And, btw, I don't see Obama or any other politician as any sort of 'messiah'. I've seen too many mistakes and too much outright stupidity by too many politicians of all stripes in my lifetime to think any of
them are anything other than human. But I also won't just sit back and let others make unsubstantiated accusations against anyone. And, at 60 y/o, the only one who will decide whether or not I understand anything is me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 AM

20 posts, read 48,732 times
It completely amazes me that a Opinion commentator and a Mama Grizzly has so many people up in arms!

Beck's show is an OPINION show. He is not a journalist. He is a capitalist - more power to him. He loves history and talks about it. He gives his OPINION on the past and in connecting the past to the present, he shows examples of the possibilities of what could happen - proven in history.
Actually if you notice, lately a lot of things on the Beck show have been coming up on the History channel. Compare his take to the history channel; if you really want to know if what he says is true or not. Some had rather spread condemnation of that that they do not know, than to research themselves to find the truth. It is easier.

And one little added thing: What is the last thing you got for free and really gave a crap about? When you get something free, what usually happens? When you give your 16 yo a car (you could be an exception because I know most of your kids do appreciate) how do they take care of it?

Palin - a 1/2 term governor. Became an over night sensation because - strictly in my own opinion - McCain needed a shock factor to get attention. Who better than a good looking, attention grabbing governor of a state that most of us only know about because of the beautiful scenery and the aurora. Before her what else did you know about Alaska?
Like it or not she connects with me - and probably at least a few others - a plain ole' woman that loves her husband, loves her kids, loves her grand kids. A woman that loves the great outdoors with all its beauty. A woman that does her best to raise her family with values and love of God and country. But that still messes up - me too. Illegitimate grandchild - me too. Son serving military - me too. Quiet husband - me too. Does she mess up? You betcha! Did she say 'North' Korea, instead of 'South' Korea? OMG! Shoot her!!! At least she didn't say that America has 57 states. She is making a windfall - good. She is a capitalist.

Why do these two American cause you guys so much grief?

BTW - I worship God.
I listen to Beck or not, whatever my preference is that day, but worship him... that is pretty far reaching.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Sorry, I'm not on the right.

You gove the typical leftie respeonse though.
You gave typical self-Righteous hypocrisy whining about someone going off topic while doing so yourself.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:10 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Yes my views are opinion. I recognize and acknowledge that. But neither of you have posted anything that tells me your views are anything other than opinion. And that's my point. Where is your proof that Mr. Obama said those things? Where is your proof that he didn't also explain that certain conditions would need to be in place in order for those things to happen? Where is your proof that you haven't taken things out of context in an effort to show Mr. Obama in a bad light just because you don't happen to like him?
And, btw, I don't see Obama or any other politician as any sort of 'messiah'. I've seen too many mistakes and too much outright stupidity by too many politicians of all stripes in my lifetime to think any of them are anything other than human. But I also won't just sit back and let others make unsubstantiated accusations against anyone. And, at 60 y/o, the only one who will decide whether or not I understand anything is me.
Most of what they posted is common knowledge to people who keep up with news on a daily basis.

You asking them for proof of their statements is akin to asking for proof that Hillary Clinton is Secretary of State.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:27 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
When I read the thread title I thought of Beck, the musician - not Glenn Beck Guess that tells you where I'm coming from!

Anyway, I don't understand the point of this thread. So Glenn Beck is on tour, promoting his book, and shilling his message - and people across the country are willing to pay to hear him in person. Is there some controversy or surprise here? Sounds pretty standard and like good business to turn a book publicity tour into a double money-making venture if he can. It also makes sense to drum up more business in areas that aren't already 100% in your corner. He could sell plenty of seats for a show in NYC, too - to tourists and residents.

Personally, I might think he's a fiend but I'm not delusional: I'm well aware that he's a star of the uber popular Fox media empire. So...what am I missing here as far as the point of this thread?

Old 12-05-2010, 09:55 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Soros? You mean the Holocaust survivor who has dedicated much of his life and fortune to the cause of social justice? Soros? The man that Beck attempted to vilify in an anti-semitic rant he had to apologize for? Sorry, Beck isn't in the same universe as Soros. Soros has dedicated himself to fight for the disadvantaged. Beck seeks to only advantage himself.

And, no, I don't read any site that Soros is involved with. Just because Fox tells you what to think doesn't mean there is a liberal equivalency. I come to my own conclusions about worthless Glen Beck without "help" from George Soros or any other liberal site.

I did what you frequently suggest-- I watched Beck. I'm not much for revisionist history, demagoguery or pandering... so I decided my time was better spent NOT watching Beck.
I was being tragicly sarcastic. Sorry you missed it.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:01 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,748 times
So people will spent $90 to listen to Beck, in order to become....."better" Americans??

Donate that ninety bucks to charity, and consider yourself a "better" American for doing so.

You betcha.....Steve

Old 12-05-2010, 10:01 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
129 posts and I'm still not convinced.....Beck is STILL an idiot!

Old 12-05-2010, 10:13 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You gave typical self-Righteous hypocrisy whining about someone going off topic while doing so yourself.
Grow up. It's an anonymous internet board.

And stop your crying.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:17 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Where is your proof that Mr. Obama said those things? Where is your proof that he didn't also explain that certain conditions would need to be in place in order for those things to happen? Where is your proof that you haven't taken things out of context in an effort to show Mr. Obama in a bad light just because you don't happen to like him?
I heard him say those things.
He only put certain conditions on these things being met AFTER they were not met.
What I said that Obama said is a matter of public record. That is my proof.

I don't know President Obama. I have no idea whether or not I like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies