Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 03:36 PM

9,867 posts, read 10,769,750 times

Advertisements

I know the answer, but I also know some that don't or believe something different. Why is the financial situation, the net worth of an individual something that divides us ? Who is more responsible for that divisiveness the Rich or the Poor ? I personally cannot stand to hear it or see it................what is the biggest reason for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 03:42 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,594,662 times
In the past decade the rich have stolen half of the economy and are now spending our money in China and India, while we are left to pick up the pieces. They have left us with a third world economy.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:47 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,972,871 times
The more gov't regulation, the more difficult to be an entrepreneur, which allows the established businesses to gobble up the small start ups, or to squash them before they start.

Global trade has gutted the American spirit and consolidated the wealth into the hands of the few.

America Competes against each other, rather than for each other.

One way there is always a loser, the other way, everyone succeeds.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:50 PM

57,022 posts, read 34,997,190 times
I don't resent rich people at all...especially those with old money.

The folks that get on my nerves are these new money idiots that you see running around everywhere. You know the type...they've somehow come into some money or they have a pretty good job that pays in the low six figures and start preening around like they're doing something big and bragging about how much money they make. They make ostentatious "i've arrived" purchases and denigrate other people who haven't attained their level of success. They're much worse after they've lost their ability to empathize with people. You hear it..."there are plenty of jobs out there if people would just look!" Or the "why should i pay more taxes for people who won't work" line that's become popular in the last 30 years.

Worse are those who pretend to have more money than what they have. They're all over City Data.

I guess what divides us most often is education moreso than anything else.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:50 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,567,553 times
We have a Darwinist economic system and some individuals are better at handling it than others, for all kinds of reasons, most of which can't be blamed on anyone.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,126,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I know the answer, but I also know some that don't or believe something different. Why is the financial situation, the net worth of an individual something that divides us ? Who is more responsible for that divisiveness the Rich or the Poor ? I personally cannot stand to hear it or see it................what is the biggest reason for it?
Since nobody has come up with the answer let me take a try. It is the class warfare that Obama and his Democrats keep stirred up that is causing all those problems. They are working the poor against the "rich" and making the most of it. More but what else is needed?

Old 12-04-2010, 04:07 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,567,553 times
Where is the yawning smiley when you need it...

Old 12-04-2010, 04:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,248,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Politically Democrats play the class warfare card to get votes. That is your divisiveness politically.

Who are the rich?
People who may have worked ultra hard at school and work in an area where you can make money.
They are people who usually started with nothing, worked long and hard at a productive something and did fairly well.
They are your employers.
That 2% pays probably 90%+ of the taxes already.
They start all the new business, fund most all the foundations, charities and often donate much of their wealth to charitable causes after they die.

We should all write them thank you notes for picking up most of the slack in this country.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:15 PM

177 posts, read 255,751 times
You don't know?

Condescension.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,972,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Since nobody has come up with the answer let me take a try. It is the class warfare that Obama and his Democrats keep stirred up that is causing all those problems. They are working the poor against the "rich" and making the most of it. More but what else is needed?

Sorry, the rich/poor thing has been with us a lot longer than P-BO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies