Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 03:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Well son of a gun...rumor but from Businessweek/Bloomberg so I'd give it some credence.
Ron Paul is outnumbered...if this proves true then we're sunk.
The banksters win and they have Government in their back pocket.
I'm rooting for Mr. Paul and his followers..the newcomers to Congress.

Monetary Policy: Fed Critic Ron Paul's Power Play - BusinessWeek

"Moderate, probusiness lawmakers like him (Judd Gregg), who consistently protected the central bank's independence and ability to set monetary policy, are mostly gone. In their place are politicians who view the Fed with suspicion, or worse. Their unofficial leader is Paul, the 75-year-old Texan whose quixotic 2008 Presidential run on the twin themes of ending the federal income tax and abolishing the Fed vaulted him to prominence with the nascent Tea Party. Some of those admirers are among the 75-plus new Republicans about to join Congress. For the first time since he was elected to the House in 1976, Paul's followers are formidable.
Five GOP leadership aides, speaking anonymously because a decision isn't final, say incoming House Speaker John Boehner has discussed ways to prevent Paul from becoming chairman or to keep him on a tight leash if he does."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 05:17 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times
Considering that Boehner himself was one of the biggest, most impassioned supporters of the original bailout, I wonder why several of the newly-elected supposed "Tea Party" supporters in Congress seem willing to support his election to House Speaker.

Are they being paid off, or are they just ignorant of recent history?

Old 12-05-2010, 06:16 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,487 times
I'm still shocked that Ron Paul, a Republican, is against the "FED"... That's because he has already called out the "FED" for what they are... A foreign bank that creates money out of nothing then loans it out at interest... Which is what we pay in taxes...

Old 12-05-2010, 06:20 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Boehner belongs in a glory hole of a piranha tank.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Considering that Boehner himself was one of the biggest, most impassioned supporters of the original bailout, I wonder why several of the newly-elected supposed "Tea Party" supporters in Congress seem willing to support his election to House Speaker.

Probably for the same reason the Dems let Pelosi be minority leader.
You'd think they would have learned that her shooting off her mouth hurt the Dems.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
I'm still shocked that Ron Paul, a Republican, is against the "FED"... That's because he has already called out the "FED" for what they are... A foreign bank that creates money out of nothing then loans it out at interest... Which is what we pay in taxes...
Ron Paul is not a neocon Republican.
He's libertarian in values and the old type of conservative Republicans that once existed in this country.

Ron Paul is not your "bad neocon Republican".

There are a few, and I stress "few" good apples on each side but they are in the minority.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:38 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,544 times
Ron Paul is a Libertarian. Not to be confused with the modern Republican, which is almost indistinguishable from the modern Democrat except when doing WTF things like rejecting the tax compromise at the $1 million level.

I am surprised the political system is allowing any Libertarians to run. I'm guessing it's just a token gesture to appease the discontented populace, and they think there will never be enough of them to make any difference.

If we had a government of Libertarians, America would at least stabilize, and in all likelihood return to prosperity. But the Powers That Be will never let it get that far. They are used to playing with "futures" and have placed their bets on the total destruction of our country. And since they make the rules of the game, they cannot lose.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:03 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,373 times
Five GOP leadership aides, speaking anonymously

Is this propaganda or truth? Is someone trying to blacken his name? Until somebody that is credible steps up----I view this as propaganda to discredit him. Rino's are alive and well in DC.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post

Oh, I think it's more along the line of the "tea party" was never anything more then a toy rich GOP subgroups used as an election tool. Now the election is over and they don't need the fools any more so the free bus rides and donuts are gone and the usual rulers of the party want the peasants to go back to buying junk at Walmart and stuffing their faces with fast food. It sucks that you got played but, come on, you honestly didn't see this coming?

Old 12-05-2010, 10:35 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,373 times
I believe alot voted for the big bailout since they were told martial law would be called if they did not approve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies