Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM

948 posts, read 1,385,567 times

Advertisements

Some of you may disagree but I know that we have never had a president that was not a patriot. By that I mean that he loved his country. Granted we have seen a crook (President Nixon) and some that were not real good at the job and more then one that seamed to fancy the women. But it dose not take away from the fact that they loved this country.
IU think we are fortunate that instead of dictator mentality that we see in Cuba, China, N. Korea and Iran, we have had leaders that were not leaders for the sole reason of being in power.
I am truly proud of out POTUS for there desire to be in civil service. I don't agree with them 75% of the time but I am proud that we have a President and not a king.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 09:06 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,784,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
So there is no one with some great qualities mine or others to become president? sounds pretty dismal. I agree we have many corrupt people serving their own interests... Is this what we want to settle for?

There is no one with ethics and abilities?
There are plenty of people in this country with the qualities you desire. Many don't run for their own particular reasons. I think one reason is a lack of money prevents many people from running for office. Another reason is a lack of a supporting organization. Still another is a lack of desire to endure personal exposure or attack.

But above all, few people want to partake in politics. There's no specific reason, they just don't want to.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
So there is no one with some great qualities mine or others to become president? sounds pretty dismal. I agree we have many corrupt people serving their own interests... Is this what we want to settle for?

There is no one with ethics and abilities?
I don't think most of us are saying thee are no candidates with strong ethics. I certainly am not. What I am saying is your list is a dream list. Like most things, we live in a world of compromise. We can find wonderful candidates but no one fits your qualifications completely. It is like filling that position in your company. You look for as close to a perfect match as you can get, but you probably will never find someone that is perfect.

Leisesturm has it right.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies