Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:13 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
If you intend on committing a crime in Colorado, wear a scarf and claim to be a mooslum.
Does it help to be accompanied by a young girl and have some [xxx] on your clothes and claim to be a prophet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Does it help to be accompanied by a young girl and have some [xxx] on your clothes and claim to be a prophet?
I don't know---ask Brigham Young about that one...

Old 12-06-2010, 11:24 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I thought religion has no place?

People we had better wake up.

Muslims are ruining Europe and now want to force their crap on us.

Deport the lady if she is not going to follow the rules.

All of a sudden we are allowing religion to get in the way of what we do.
There are exceptions to rules.

God only knows how many times I've been convicted by the exceptions.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
She has not prevailed. She will have the opportunity to argue her case in a court of law, and the authorities will have the opportunity to argue their case, then a judge will decide. Sounds like American law operating exactly as it should, to me.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
There should be no religious exemptions to our laws. Period.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:34 AM

401 posts, read 473,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She has not prevailed. She will have the opportunity to argue her case in a court of law, and the authorities will have the opportunity to argue their case, then a judge will decide. Sounds like American law operating exactly as it should, to me.
i feel like you are totally missing the point. This is not about due process. It is a matter of standard procedure when one is arrested. This is about special exceptions to standard procedure when the exception has no validity. The OP is spot on.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I don't know---ask Brigham Young about that one...
Just look at him:

That's not the face of a man who was pimpin'; that's the face of a man who suffered 24 hours a day from nagging wives and had no whiskey.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:48 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Difference is that Sikhs do not commit terrorist attacks as much as Muslims do. They do not think they are exception or special to the rules. Their religion is not based off a pedophile who raped little girls and then worshiped god with semen on his clothes. (actual passage from Koran)

Very interested to know which passage this is.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:54 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Interesting point. I found a few references where Sikhs have had their turbans forcibly removed usually as a result of their arrest for carrying the Kirpan, a curved knife under their outer clothing which is interesting in and of itself because a number of states have declared the knife exempt from concealed weapons statutes due to their being worn is a requirement of their religious tenets. I suppose we could start a thread about the increasing Sikhization of American law....
What cockamamie activity can we come up that would not be protected by some religion or other?

Old 12-06-2010, 11:57 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Very interested to know which passage this is.
Google is your best friend.

Ibid., Number 230,
Sulaiman bin Yasar narrated: “I asked Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) about the clothes soiled with semen. She said: ‘I used to wash it off the garment of Allah’s Apostle (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) and he would go for the prayer with water spots (Semen drops) still visible.’
Sahih Muslim, Number 566.

Aisha said: In case you saw it (i.e. drop of semen), it would have served the purpose (of purifying the garment) if you had simply washed that spot; and in case you did not see it, it would have been enough to sprinkle water around it, for when I saw that on the garment of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), I simply scraped it off and he offered prayer, while putting that on.

Ibid., Number 232.
Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated: I used to wash the semen off the clothes of the Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) and even then I used to notice one or more spots on them.

I guess that is what you got for being his favorite wife, hah. You got to clean semen off or just let him worship with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies