Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 07:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Regardless of what her comedy is about, she's got such an incredibly annoying voice.
She's a voice double for Joy(less) Bahar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 08:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who is Kathy Griffin?
We finally agree again.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:14 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,196 times
Sorry, I have no use for Bristol Palin or her mother (even though I'm a Libertarian). If she doesn't want to be made fun of, she shouldn't be so quick to profit from her being in the public eye. She could get a real job like everyone else has to, or just live off of her rich parents.

She was handed the world on a silver platter, and she proved herself totally irresponsible by failing to use birth control while sexually active. Worse, she uses this, plus the notoriety of her bizarre mother, to become a paid speaker ($15,000 to $30,000 per speech) on teen pregnancy, and to promote the dangerous idea that abstinence (instead of birth control) is the solution to unwanted pregnancy (Bristol of all people should know that teens grow up fast and do irresponsible things, and pretending they will not is simply unrealistic). She formed a public relations firm at the age of 19--as if she knows anything about business, or the real world, to be hired for her "skills." Obviously hiring Bristol's company is simply a contribution to Sarah Palin, in hopes of future favors.

Bristol, like her mother, is a classic narcissist, attributing her long stay on Dancing with the Stars to "the support of her fans who were tuning in each week to see her improvement," instead of the fact that her mother ordered Tea Party supporters to vote for her (she was the clumsiest contestant since Kate Gosselin). Why America admires arrogant narcissists, I will never understand. They always irritate me no end.

It is ridiculous that Sarah Palin is given so much ongoing media coverage. It could not be clearer that the liberal media wants her to be the Republican candidate for President in 2 years. Since she has such a large number of people who can't stand her (both Republican and Democrat), only a race between her and Obama could possibly result in the 50-50 voter split that the Powers-That-Be mandate. Any reasonable Republican or Libertarian candidate would walk away with a huge landslide over the nation-destroying Obama, and that will not be allowed to happen.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Just another low class liberal act. The USO should have known better. Sad that they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for entertainers.
How purely stupid can they be putting something like that out for the troops. Surely her whole part about booing louder than that could be something to hang onto for libs. When I saw those people with the uniforms on I was pretty sure that making fun of Bristol for weight wouldn't sit as well as making fun of Michelle Obama for here build. And I don't mind Michelle's body.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
You mean like when Rush Limbaufgh, who isn't supposed to be a comedian, called Chelsea Clinton a dog?

You mean like that?
I think that pulling that trick on a group of our military people and then badmouthing them for booing her showed a whole pile of stupid.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:22 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I have to give her points for at least trying to do a good deed by entertaining those troops. Would Bristol Palin or her mother perform in front of a gay rights group or any progressive group? Kathy Griffin should have left entertainment of the troops to the country singers and right wingers that those troops love so much.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Is this the same performance? Judging by the looks on the faces of the audience they don't appear
to be overly upset....

MTV TJ Gabi Gregg » Kathy Griffin Calls Bristol Palin Fat
Some if the show failed to make it to your clip. I wonder who did the editing.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Sad that people have lost their sense of humor. She's the first one to have the nerve to publically acknowledge that she loves controversy. She is not, however, the first to poke fun at a celebrity or a politician. GET OVER IT!
I thought Bristol's mother, Sarah, was the politician in the family. Bristol is just one of the politician's children and left leaners love to make fun of them.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:29 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I have to give her points for at least trying to do a good deed by entertaining those troops. Would Bristol Palin or her mother perform in front of a gay rights group or any progressive group? Kathy Griffin should have left entertainment of the troops to the country singers and right wingers that those troops love so much.
Sterotype much? For your information, the troops are not all right wing and are certainly not all lovers of country singers. No offense to country singers but no one in my family in the military....or any of their close friends who are also in the military....are fans of CW music. And believe it or not, many of them are liberal. However, they do obviously have good taste since they did not appreciate a classless, talentless, "comedian" making fun of a woman's looks.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Kathy Griffin is old enough to be his grandma.

Why would you care what Palin's Piglets are doing?
Now you have showed why you are so in favor of that clip. I'll bet you didn't even know that Bristol isn't a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies