Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:52 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,829,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Which is it Conservatives...make up your minds.

I thought it was all about "shut up and sing." I thought you guys hate celebrities talking politics.

But now, i'm supposed to see Gene Simmons as a serious talking head on politics? Why? Because he hates Obama? LOL...please.
I didnt post this so much so because he regrets his vote to Obama. Many people do that. I posted it for what else he said, about getting gov out of our lives, along with the part of he did it to make history.

I for one when I say something about celebs and getting into politics. I dont deny they have the right. I dont think they have to shut up. They are American Citizens and have just as much right to voice their displeasure or pleasure. Its when people worship or idolize someone only because they are a celeb. Like young girls looking up to Paris Hilton and wanting her life of parties and having sex. I think that is poor examples for our children. I think we should be teaching our children to idolize a heart surgeon, or firefighters for examples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 12:53 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,477,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Which is it Conservatives...make up your minds.

I thought it was all about "shut up and sing." I thought you guys hate celebrities talking politics.

But now, i'm supposed to see Gene Simmons as a serious talking head on politics? Why? Because he hates Obama? LOL...please.
Gene Simmons want's his Obama vote back...but thousands of Kiss fans still want their $15 back for the albums "Music from the Elder" and "Lick it Up".

Old 12-06-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
I don't believe he voted for Obama in the first place. His new season Simmons Family Values is coming up and this is a ploy to kick up the ratings. His love of money is more powerful than his sorrow of what slaves have had to endure.
lol Yeah you keep thinking that. He's just a liar because he is saying something you dont agree with or like? He very well could have not said that and promoted his show.

He doesnt need to kick off to his show. He has some of the most faithful fans there is. I dont get it myself but he does.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:56 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,805,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Gene Simmons, like many, made an emotional decision instead of a rational decision when casting his vote for Obama. He now realizes the mistake of doing such. He'll likely not make that mistake again.
At least he's quite honest about the decision being mostly emotional and not rational.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:56 PM

52,546 posts, read 34,259,842 times
another satisfied obama voter.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Gene Simmons want's his Obama vote back...but thousands of Kiss fans still want their $15 back for the albums "Music from the Elder" and "Lick it Up".

The good news is that they can sell those on E bay and recoup some of their loss.

Recouping the huge loss that is Obama.....not so much

Old 12-06-2010, 01:04 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ouch! Thin resume is right - too bad so many discounted that when pulling the lever.
A walking contradiction: On one hand the right bemoan Obama for his "thin resume" then in the next breath they advocate the tea party types because they aren't your everyday garden variety "Washington Insiders."

Old 12-06-2010, 01:04 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,051,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
lol Yeah you keep thinking that. He's just a liar because he is saying something you dont agree with or like? He very well could have not said that and promoted his show.

He doesnt need to kick off to his show. He has some of the most faithful fans there is. I dont get it myself but he does.
I have seen his show many times, he does not come across as someone who would not look into a candidate before voting for them. It's a complement really, and as a showman we all know what type of fella he is. Band not doing well, lets put some makeup on and the rest is history.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
I have seen his show many times, he does not come across as someone who would not look into a candidate before voting for them. It's a complement really, and as a showman we all know what type of fella he is. Band not doing well, lets put some makeup on and the rest is history.
lol you think hes hurting for money? He cant promote his show without saying what he said?

Can you prove he is a liar? He explained his vote, can you prove he lied about what he said.

Why is it so hard for you believe what he said? A lot of people voted for Obama without knowing much about him.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:16 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,159,318 times
How much intelligence/wit can one expect from a hard-rocker?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies